Thanks for the responses, @Bricked1980 and @Digger of Bricks!

@Bricked1980, you made some very valid points. I completely agree with you about the social media things you mentioned.

Having thought a bit about the idea of a blog, it seems like it would take too much time, I mean I have enough time to run a blog but I wouldn't like my activity to be lesser on Eurobricks, on Flickr etc. I don't know what blogs would think about this but I sometimes think about proposing to a blog that has some readers to be a contributor. But not a normal contributor, contributing in a special section like "LegoModularFan's Corner" where I can highlight modulars and castle stuff. This corner can even become place where anybody who wants to contribute would be welcome to highlight modulars and castle, and the admin(s)/moderator(s) can approve or not approve the MOCs they aim to highlight depending on the quality of the MOCs in that post. After writing this idea, I started to change my mind about the blog and to think that I could in fact totally create a blog like this lol. What do you guys think about this whole idea?

Edited by LegoModularFan

Will be sharing some of the greatest Garage/Gas Station MOCs until the reveal of the new modular which could be a garage according to the rumours...

Art Déco Gas Station by @Norton74

37581534652_2010fc0bae_h.jpgArt Déco Gas Station by Norton74, on Flickr

General Store by @cesbrick

40141112725_6cee2727d6_c.jpgGeneral Store by César Soares, on Flickr

Le garage by @brickbink

30106435425_8a2977b19a_k.jpgle garage by brickbink, on Flickr

I'll share more builds tomorrow... :wink:

@LegoModularFan, I really appreciate your regular posts of all these amazing builds to this thread, but I don't think an official blog hosted by Eurobricks would be a very good idea.  There was a Eurobricks Star Wars blog for a while, run by some active and enthusiastic members, but eventually one of the blog admins got banned and the other lost interest.  The result?  The blog link has been in the Eurobricks menus for years without any activity, just gathering digital dust.  I prefer to see an active thread that anybody can participate in, rather than a separate blog-style page that's under the sole control of one or two people who are enthusiastic right now, but are as vulnerable to a sudden Dark Age as anybody else.

59 minutes ago, icm said:

@LegoModularFan, I really appreciate your regular posts of all these amazing builds to this thread, but I don't think an official blog hosted by Eurobricks would be a very good idea.

Thanks! I wasn’t meaning Eurobricks, just a normal blog like Archbrick...

Eurobricks - Samurai Village by @Ben Pitchford

Lego Samurai Code

8 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Having thought a bit about the idea of a blog, it seems like it would take too much time, I mean I have enough time to run a blog but I wouldn't like my activity to be lesser on Eurobricks, on Flickr etc. I don't know what blogs would think about this but I sometimes think about proposing to a blog that has some readers to be a contributor. But not a normal contributor, contributing in a special section like "LegoModularFan's Corner" where I can highlight modulars and castle stuff. This corner can even become place where anybody who wants to contribute would be welcome to highlight modulars and castle, and the admin(s)/moderator(s) can approve or not approve the MOCs they aim to highlight depending on the quality of the MOCs in that post. After writing this idea, I started to change my mind about the blog and to think that I could in fact totally create a blog like this lol. What do you guys think about this whole idea?

As a contributor, I'd totally be on board with that in a heartbeat; but, how could it bring readers of this blog back here to Eurobricks? :shrug_confused:

More Garage/Gas Station MOCs as promised:

Scuderia Ferrari by Michel Van den Heuvel

34088320491_8e0f6e00fe_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_2721 by Michel Van den Heuvel, on Flickr

Of Rust and Gasoline by @Rolli

41605882391_1497acce85_c.jpgOf Rust and Gasoline by Markus  Rollbühler, on Flickr

Truck Garage by @Konajra

9711076540_291fe97bdd_c.jpgtruck garage by Arjan Oude Kotte, on Flickr

I'll share more builds tomorrow (probably the last ones)... 

Edited by LegoModularFan

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out this lovely little residence by @ExeSandboxEurobricks - MOC: Forestside House

44268544220_af52e7b106_b.jpg

This has to be my favorite of today's three. :thumbup: :classic:

I've been following this thread for a long time just lurking, waiting to post something relevant and now is the time for me to say that this might be my favorite of the entire batch!

By the way, has anyone seen or know of any good Craftsman-styled bungalow creations about? From what brief searching I've done, there seems to not be. :shrug_confused:

River Forest home

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, has anyone seen or know of any good Craftsman-styled bungalow creations about? From what brief searching I've done, there seems to not be. :shrug_confused:

I don't know too much about Craftsman Bungalow architecture so I won't be able to tell if a MOC is in that style or not but I know two good MOCs in that style (because their builder wrote it was in that style :laugh:)

Craftsman style house by Tim Inman

30306957933_4758c4e351_c.jpgCraftsman style house by Tim Inman, on Flickr

715 Willowbrook Lane by Tim Inman

9864011154_582a104d56_c.jpg715 Willowbrook Lane by Tim Inman, on Flickr

And a better image by someone else

CYZfN-WUAAAgbKr.jpg

By the way, you've been highlighting some great MOCs @Digger of Bricks, keep it up! :classic: Anybody else is welcome to highlight as many MOCs that they would want to! :sweet:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Just now, LegoModularFan said:

I don't know too much about Craftsman Bungalow architecture so I won't be able to tell if a MOC is in that style or not but I know two good MOCs in that style (because their builder wrote it was in that style :laugh:)

Yes, those two were the closest thing I could find myself when searching about, despite nether of them being bungalows. In spite of that, the latter one in particular is definitely an all-time favorite for me! :thumbup: :wub:

I should add by the way, in many of my own hunts for architectural creations, Craftsman/Prairie Style/Arts & Crafts/Frank Lloyd Wright-styled builds within a minifigure-scale seem hard to come by anyway. It just seems to be a rather underrepresented architectural style within the AFOL community compared to other styles. :sceptic:

?Special Edition: @Norton74 and Pixeljunkie ?

As today is the last day I'll be highlighting garage/gas station MOCs, I wanted to make it special... :classic: I'm only going to sharing MOCs by these two builders (@Norton74and Pixeljunkie) because they are both huge car fans, the vast majority of their MOCs are garages, gas stations, garage interiors and gas station interiors and that's what they are known for in the Lego community. Enjoy!

@Norton74's Garages and Gas Stations:

26855105793_880e70a123_c.jpgEsso Gas Station designed by Dutch architect Dudok (1953) by Norton74, on Flickr

32593541574_589d12ec09_c.jpgMOONEYES headquarters - Santa Fe Springs CA | exterior by Norton74, on Flickr

37581534652_f2f08c69f7_c.jpgArt Déco Gas Station by Norton74, on Flickr

26461833569_0cabf2141c_c.jpgBarn find | Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix by Norton74, on Flickr

27805769569_d39a26d126_c.jpgAntique gas station by Norton74, on Flickr

42299451364_144c757c1a_c.jpgThe Italian Way: AGIP gas station and OM Leoncino tanker by Norton74, on Flickr

Some of @Norton74's Interiors:

13946205738_3ef42c5272_c.jpgGARAGE LIFE - OLDTIMER VOLKSWAGEN "SERVICE AND REPAIR" WORKSHOP by Norton74, on Flickr

17343761039_2f2c3780fb_c.jpgDream Garage | Officina Super Sprint | Classic Vespa Workshop by Norton74, on Flickr

20766901624_927bcac31f_c.jpg"Green T" - '23 Ford T-bucket by Norton74, on Flickr

24870960634_c78d0d1ea1_c.jpg'32 Ford "Tow Rod" at the garage by Norton74, on Flickr

28874541686_6a0991bcb4_c.jpgScooter shop by Norton74, on Flickr

31069258971_8719b192fe_c.jpgAt the garage. by Norton74, on Flickr

32593532674_50d914b9e5_c.jpgMOONEYES headquarters - Santa Fe Springs CA | interior by Norton74, on Flickr

35695417826_d031982f5b_c.jpg'32 Ford Deuce 3 Window Coupé (a.k.a. the Takehito Yamato Coupé) by Norton74, on Flickr

37565090776_4907bc93a7_c.jpgArt Déco Gas Station | back view by Norton74, on Flickr

Be sure to check out @Norton74's Flickr and Instagram!

Some of Pixeljunkie's Interiors:

30782956860_dd968cfa42_c.jpgFiat Mefistofele 4 by Pixeljunkie, on Flickr

44462410581_4ef4c25d63_c.jpgVintage Garage by Pixeljunkie, on Flickr

31353485578_3060ab5a8a_c.jpgVintage Garage Diorama Scene 4 by Pixeljunkie, on Flickr

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2CAfhA8ik/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnjC6IOAy1n/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpPLftSHOqT/

Be sure to check out Pixeljunkie's Flickr and Instagram!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Eurobricks - [MOC] HUGE Disney Frozen Arendelle Castle Diorama by @Ben Pitchford

27370539577_8243caf953_c.jpgT

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Those two are my favorite of his! :thumbup: :wub:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Just noticed that I totally forgot about these two brilliant Gas Stations, so the post above is no longer the last one where I highlight garage/gas station MOCs... :classic:

Gas Station by @STHLM

34720003612_42450799e7_c.jpg[MOC] Gas station by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

Grand Prix Auto Services by @snaillad 

21361484831_2736e1761d_c.jpgGrand Prix Auto Services by Andrew Tate, on Flickr

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 12/1/2018 at 7:15 PM, LegoModularFan said:

*skipped* What do you guys think about this whole idea?

FYI, there's already a blog with similar idea - ArchBrick.

I'd rather keep checking your topic here on EB than going somewhere else. And I might be not the only one, so separate blog could get a much smaller audience.

Thanks so much for the reply, @zux:classic:

I agree that some parts of the idea are a bit similar to Archbrick but there are two big differences between my idea and Archbrick. See below:

On 11/27/2018 at 2:14 PM, LegoModularFan said:

(I was quoting @Bricked1980's idea about creating a blog here)

This is a great idea and it would probably be unique as I haven't seen lots of blogs which are focused in older MOCs. 

On 12/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, LegoModularFan said:

This corner can even become place where anybody who wants to contribute would be welcome to highlight modulars and castle, and the admin(s)/moderator(s) can approve or not approve the MOCs they aim to highlight depending on the quality of the MOCs in that post.

18 minutes ago, zux said:

I'd rather keep checking your topic here on EB than going somewhere else. And I might be not the only one, so separate blog could get a much smaller audience.

Even if I created this blog in the future, I will keep contributing to this topic, I won't abandon a topic which has nearly 50.000 views! :classic: By the way, it makes pleasure to hear that you're also following this topic!

By the way, does anyone here recognize this one build from anywhere, and has it been featured here before? I discovered it on this one Pinterest board, which had no attached link tied to it, and a subsequent image search didn't bring up anything alike. :shrug_confused:

Pinterest - Lego moc modular

acf73f7e02e0041c40abcf01717bb7f4.jpg

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, does anyone here recognize this one build from anywhere, and has it been featured here before? I discovered it on this one Pinterest board, which had no attached link tied to it, and a subsequent image search didn't bring up anything alike. :shrug_confused:

Pinterest - Lego moc modular

That's a very attractive MOC. If only yesterday's modular reveal could have looked something as good as that! :def_shrug:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I haven’t seen this before. I’ve been collecting nice modulars that I’ve only seen on Pinterest (except the last one which is Mike Doyle’s), you can check it out if you’re interested in: 

https://www.pinterest.fr/LegoModularFan/lego-modular/

:classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

17 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I’ve been collecting nice modulars that I’ve only seen on Pinterest (except the last one which is Mike Doyle’s), you can check it out if you’re interested in: 

https://www.pinterest.fr/LegoModularFan/lego-modular/

Well, one of the first finds you found and saved to your board did come up through a subsequent Bing Image Search, leading to this Chinese forum (?) with additional images: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4984474484?red_tag=0582533082 

d724f61b0ef41bd5752ffa5b58da81cb38db3ddf.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 12/3/2018 at 11:18 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Just noticed that I totally forgot about these two brilliant Gas Stations, so the post above is no longer the last one where I highlight garage/gas station MOCs... :classic:

Gas Station by @STHLM

34720003612_42450799e7_c.jpg[MOC] Gas station by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

Grand Prix Auto Services by @snaillad 

21361484831_2736e1761d_c.jpgGrand Prix Auto Services by Andrew Tate, on Flickr

Thanks for the big-up! On a slightly similar note - maybe I can claim to have beaten the designer to it on the circle windows on the Modular Diner from last year.

21165310558_88273c3b4d_z.jpg

Keep up the good work with the thread!

21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, one of the first finds you found and saved to your board did come up through a subsequent Bing Image Search, leading to this Chinese forum (?) with additional images: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4984474484?red_tag=0582533082 

Thanks so much! I wish the MOCer shared it on Flickr or (at least) Instagram though... :sceptic:

18 hours ago, snaillad said:

Keep up the good work with the thread!

Thanks so much for, it means a lot coming from you! :classic: