11 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Yes. Each of the "cloud" sections had a white lining and a different colour, one was tan I don't remember the others but they was mostly quite muted.

With those multiple arches, I feel like I would've remembered such a modular creation, as it vaguely seems like it should've been something in an Art Deco/Streamlined Moderne architectural style. :shrug_confused:

11 minutes ago, paupadros said:

That's super awesome! And I thought I was the only one who'd gone bananas!

While it's not as "bananas" as that one, he also build this other unusual-looking modular...

Flickr - Contemporary Art Museum in the Modular Style 

Contempory Art Museum

Edited by Digger of Bricks

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

Hi guys! Very nice stuff on this forum for the last couple weeks. I remember seeing a modular some time ago which looked something like this (below) but I can't remember where I saw it or who it was by. Do any of you guys know? Thanks!

I once built this one that matches your drawing at least partially:

7385524622_48740d4e88_n.jpgHats & Clocks: Front by cimddwc, auf Flickr

Seeing these other art buildings makes my art gallery (thanks for mentioning, btw!) look rather normal... ;)

3 hours ago, cimddwc said:

I once built this one that matches your drawing at least partially:

7385524622_48740d4e88_n.jpgHats & Clocks: Front by cimddwc, auf Flickr

Seeing these other art buildings makes my art gallery (thanks for mentioning, btw!) look rather normal... ;)

Bang on! Thanks a lot, that's the one. I had no idea it was yours. I was in a train store in Berlin and I saw an H0 scale model which suddenly reminded of your model (without knowing it was yours, obviously :laugh:!). I saw it and I instantly thought it would be a super interesting layout for a modular. Then remembered it has already been done. Anyway, maybe in the future I'll try to give it my own spin.

Thanks @cimddwc

Y'now, I never really understood why people like skyscrapers so much . . . either in Lego or real life. Don't suppose anyone can shed light on the subject?

On 9/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Y'now, I never really understood why people like skyscrapers so much . . . either in Lego or real life. Don't suppose anyone can shed light on the subject?

Maybe the massiveness of the build. While I have seen some nice skyscrapers in LEGO (where each floor interior is different) I still do not like to build skyscrapers, mainly because their exterior are pretty much repetitive.

For LEGO MOC the answer is quite simple - you consume the same 32x32 baseplate, but can build far more impressive building.

In real life space is expensive, so building more stories in the given area allows to profit from buying the property. Living in upper floors is quite cool for some people.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I have an opposite question: how come one may not love them? %)

2 hours ago, Night City Dream said:

I have an opposite question: how come one may not love them? %)

{shrugs} Well, the exteriors tend to be bland and repetitive. 

Also, I'm afraid of heights. 

Here are a few more LEGO Ideas projects that readers of this topic may be interested in...

Asterix: The Gaulish Village by Han Sbricksteen 

Spoiler

5758059-o_1cnr5mug553p1as94e5lv7pioj-thu

Lost Cabin by tkel86 

Spoiler

5758441-o_1cnriadi7uvq1qf310b78on1ggde-t

Opera House and The Lighthouse's Cove by Bricky_Brick

Spoiler

5755877-o_1cnolhvei1mqr16sh351959ogre-th

5628464-o_1cjjq29a01thct691rpi1ap01eb5e-

Japanese Tea Garden by Coosey__Goosey 

Spoiler

5745960-o_1cn9qgdus1oona58q5012cq14abe-t

Tire & Auto Service Garage by ThisOldLegoBrick 

Spoiler

5733567-o_1cmo9f2d0vc81gc296g1dcn1k4s12-

On 9/23/2018 at 2:11 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ooooh, Jeff Friesen has a new microscale build which I missed these past three days! :blush:

Nice! That Calatrava-inspired bridge is not-so-nice as we all know his mastery in spending thirty times the budget and making his "amazing buildings" leak all over the place, rather literally.

On 9/24/2018 at 2:08 PM, paupadros said:

Nice!

...and here's yet another new microscape build from him, posted just yesterday! :wub:

Hey guys, long time no see. I might just be back... :wink:

First of all, many thanks for contributing to this topic, you guys shared some amazing modulars during the period I was inactive!

Sorry for the inactivity. I guess I had Eurobricks dark ages... Are there anybody still interested in this topic? I have a few things to share even though I can’t promise to post everyday as I used to.

And hope you don’t mind that I revived this topic. :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan