Thanks for including me! I have a few more modulars I’ve built, just need to get them photographed and a few others I need to take the time to actually post here.

that library I built was for the modular madness contest here on EB in 2012/13? 

On 4/27/2018 at 11:47 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, you wouldn't happen to live in that house, do you? :wink: :laugh:

:laugh:

On 4/28/2018 at 12:01 AM, Skalldyr said:

Happy to be picked! Even tho I totally copied that building and just "improved" it a bit to my liking. :grin:

Original was build by t-brick on Brickshelf

I personally wouldn't call this copied but instead MODed or inspired. Yours is much better than the one on Brickshelf! Another similar cas is the Chima Trikes Store by @cimddwc and the Record Store by @RogerSmith but I love them both equally. :classic:

16 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Thanks for including me! I have a few more modulars I’ve built, just need to get them photographed and a few others I need to take the time to actually post here.

You're very welcome! Can't wait to see your other modulars! :moar: How many do you have? Can I get excited? :excited: :laugh:

Edited by LegoModularFan

For sure I have 5 finished. But is a moc really ever finished? I’m still changing little things here and there in a few of them. With that said I need to get pictures of them. There is a 16 wide cafe, 16 wide florist, 16 wide toy store, 22 wide kwik e mart, and my own take on The Winchester from Shaun of the Dead. 

Then I have two other WIPs, but they have been on the back burner for a while.

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 29/04/18:

All three of today's selections are wonderful! Particularly, I really dig the microscale skyline headlining the Toy Shop, and the Windmill Bakery & Cafe is quite novel for a modular! :thumbup: :sweet:

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 30/04/18:

Some non-modulars again!

~Dairy Shop by @Bennemans 

Reveal hidden contents

Dairy Shop

~Storm at The White Lady by @Jalkow 

Reveal hidden contents

01 - Storm at The White Lady

~Bookends by @Redhead1982

Reveal hidden contents

Entrance to the fantasy world

Bookends

Books

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow!

I really like the posing of the minifigs to show the wind going on at the White Lady.

But I REALLY like the bookends and books.  What a really neat idea.

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

@Digger of Bricks, do you like functionalism architecture? Just wondering. :classic:

Well, for the most part, not really. I suppose there may be exceptions, but it's most of the time a pretty bland aesthetic, to me at least. As for what exceptions I might take a liking to, I guess I'd know it when I see it. :classic:

Staff Picks of 02/05/18:

~Teahouse by @Gabe 

Spoiler

Teahouse3rs_210912

Teahouse4rs_210912

~Tailor by Noripy 

Spoiler

tailor01.jpg

~Psycho by @FonsoSac, Pepi Blas, Emiliano Martinez and Jose Luis de la Fuente 

Spoiler

Psycho

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow!

14 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Beautiful color scheme! The deeper Dark Red pairs quite nicely with the more muted Sand Green! :thumbup:

14 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Psycho by @FonsoSac, Pepi Blas, Emiliano Martinez and Jose Luis de la Fuente

Norman Bates' house in Lego? Who knew? :thumbup: :oh3:

1 minute ago, LegoModularFan said:

The Sitdown by Dave Kaleta

Incredible masonry and Chicago flag mural on the side of this build! Dave is the one who built that one particular Batcave/Wayne Manor I believe. :thumbup: :smug:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Incredible masonry and Chicago flag mural on the side of this build! Dave is the one who built that one particular Batcave/Wayne Manor I believe. :thumbup: :smug:

Wow, that side of the building really caught my eye as well.  Quite impressive.  I also really liked the black and white staircase inside.  Impressive all around.

6 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

There are some lovely detailed features packed in to the facade of this building, with some novel parts that have been used to create texture.

One thing I noticed straight away is the technic cogs being used as decorative elements towards the top and between the windows. Funnily enough I was experimenting earlier today using the same piece on my latest project.

I really like how a piece that would normally be overlooked as a basic functional element, can also be used like this to create beautiful and interesting texture

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

The roof on this creation is particularly beautiful, with its detailed ornamentation and color scheme of Tan, Pearl Gold, and Olive Green. Love the statues atop it too! :thumbup:

SpeciaEditionHapp"Joining:laugh: Day,  @Digger of Bricks!!

Digger is on EB since exactly 05 May 2017. Isn't it worth making a special edition for him? :sweet:

@Digger of Bricks, I definitely wanted you to discover at least one other MOC that would go into your "Digger of Bricks Architectural Favorites" gallery on Flickr. So, I'll highlight MOCs according to what I think is close to your taste. Please tell me what you think about each one, which one is your favorite and why and, more importantly, if these MOCs are close enough to your taste! :wink: 

~Unnamed by MDC

Spoiler

852384b2908b9e81ae65887579df0d73.jpg

~American Graffiti Mel's Drive-In and Empire State Building by Joachim Klang 

Spoiler

lego-moc-american-graffiti-mels-drive-in-joachim-joe-klang.jpg

Empire State Building

~Memories of Lecco by @oirad 72 

Spoiler

Lecco

~Etheric Windmill by @Cara 

Spoiler

Etheric Windmill, Xu Province

~Art Déco Gas Station by @Norton74 

Spoiler

Art Déco Gas Station

~Pirate 100 by @lisqr 

Spoiler

Pirate 100

~Architect Firm by Marco Gan

Spoiler

architect-01

Congrats to all these MOCers! 

Edited by LegoModularFan

13 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

SpeciaEditionHapp"Joining:laugh: Day,  @Digger of Bricks!!

Digger is on EB since exactly 05 May 2017. Isn't it worth making a special edition for him? :sweet:

Aw shucks, thanks! :blush:

Unnamed by MDC

Automatically, I think of Jme Wheeler's Basilisk when I see this. 

I can't help but be impressed every time I see that Empire State Building of his! I first remember seeing it showcased in his encyclopedic Tips & Tricks book by the way.

Of all the selections you've highlighted here, this one has to be my favorite. :wub:

While this a very well done, finely detailed creation, it's just not my thing when it comes to Art Deco architecture, particularly because of its color scheme. Art Deco/Streamline Moderne architecture with more earthy, muted, antiquey colors is what I particularly look for, much like @RoxYourBlox's Tall Tower which I cite so often.

Talk about cutting against the studs' grain! *huh*

Architect Firm by Marco Gan

Of all the creations you featured in this selection, this has to be the CRAZIEST!!! That watch shop to the right of the firm is particularly unique with that anti-stud front. :distressed: