Sign in to follow this  
thomassio

MOC, Modular Building: Cozy Pub

38966717805_8f927b2c45_z.jpg

Pub by Thomas van Urk, on Flickr

I recently made an interior for a moc that I had made a few years back, and finally photographed it. The facade is inspired by a real building in Leiden.

39155686144_903d3ea83b_z.jpg

interior by Thomas van Urk, on Flickr

39155735324_0e845cb697_z.jpg

24994857917_54c4fd5e78_z.jpg

28086064639_8f79fb8b08_z.jpg

cozy pub by Thomas van Urk, on Flickr

The inspiration:

28017068269_5d3591bc32_z.jpg

Breestraat Leiden by Thomas van Urk, on Flickr

Edited by thomassio

Looks very good.

Are the Delfts Blue tiles 1x1 from a special shop?

Yes, they are from Atembo. I think they are only in their physical shop in Delft. I don't know if they are also available on their webshop.

I also used some other custom printed tiles which are from Brickizimo like the 'Coffee' sign and the 'Opening' sign.

Edited by thomassio

Looks great, especially the interior! I have to admit I am not the biggest fan of plate built windows but here they work very good!

Great MOC just like all your others! The ground floor and the brick-built windows are just amazing! The grill pieces used for the roof is an ingenious idea (I can’t really see because of the light if they are grill pieces).

For the interior...

This might be the best interior of a modular I’ve ever seen. I wish I was living there! So many NPU, so many details packed in! I’m just speechless :wub_drool:

Chapeau.

Edited by LegoModularFan

Fantastic inside and out!  Love the details like the cobblestones, windows, Delft blue tiles, and the bar itself.  

Thanks for your nice words!

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

The grill pieces used for the roof is an ingenious idea (I can’t really see because of the light if they are grill pieces).

Yes that's correct. I'm not pleased with my photo skills for it was the best picture I could make of the facade. 

Stunning all throughout. The color choices, the snot floors and walls and minifigure builds all blend for a beautiful style and rich scenery. Well done gorgeous modular MOC. 

Wow! Just looking at those pictures is a learning experience. Well done sir or madam. well done! 

Fantastic build. Really like the interesting part uses throughout like the vehicle mudguards used on the chairs by the fire , the printed brick sidewalk and so many others. Great car as well. Interesting comparison to the real life building with its four arches on the first level and thus seeming more symmetrical than your MOC where my eye is drawn more so to the second story and the wonderful brick built windows..

Amazing detail! I love it. Especially the "Delfts blauwe tegeltjes" give a level of detail I had not seen before.

I am really impressed!

Clever use of parts: e.g. the tiling of the pub, the sidewalk, the printed dutch tiles on the fireplace, ...

I would love to add such a modular in my collection :thumbup:

Edited by tsi

That's looking good. I really like those brick build windows. It makes it a nice old look and above all they make the proportions of the windows perfect.