Elostirion

Native Huntsmen, Celestia

39429668564_87cf3bb3cd_c.jpg

Seeing the natives of Celestia, hunting, somewhere in the inner regions of the island, it is rather hard to believe they were
once the highly civilized ancient culture of which the ruins of huge temple complexes have recently been discovered on the
island.

Will Halosians soon find out more about both history and fate of the Celestians, or will the Halosians in their blind strive
for colonial expansion keep ignoring the indigineous people of the islands they colonize?

Nice how you break up the standard rectangular Lego orientation. The whole vignette benefits from that. Its very dynamic: how the characters move, the vegetation - simple, yet well arranged and visually very interesting! :classic: :thumbup:

A nice little scene! I like the mix of colours in the vegetation, which works well with the choice of rocks. :thumbup:

Where are those minifigs from?

Great scene! I really like the minifigs you've put together for the natives. Great foliage, as always, and putting the whole build on an angle really enhances the presentation. On top of that, you use the build to pose a simple but significant question. Well done. :thumbup:

A beautiful little scene Elos. That olive green base is especially good looking (and I am jealous of so many olive plates!)  The lavender stalks and dark red leaves make a nice contrast. I have a suspicion we will indeed find out more about these natives :pir-laugh:

A great vignette.  The violet and red foliage really counterpoints the green well; nice palette choice.  The minifigs are nicely designed and posed too.

On 8.2.2018 at 12:15 AM, Littleworlds said:

Nice how you break up the standard rectangular Lego orientation. The whole vignette benefits from that. Its very dynamic: how the characters move, the vegetation - simple, yet well arranged and visually very interesting! :classic: :thumbup:

Thank you! Glad the dynamic of the scene worked out so well.

On 8.2.2018 at 6:09 AM, Drunknok said:

A nice little scene! I like the mix of colours in the vegetation, which works well with the choice of rocks. :thumbup:

Where are those minifigs from?

Bricklink. I think the legs are from some CMF, and the torsos and heads might be from pirates of the caribbean, but really not sure. If you are interested I might scan my orders for some links or part ids.

Thanks for the kind words about the MOC.

On 8.2.2018 at 4:25 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great scene! I really like the minifigs you've put together for the natives. Great foliage, as always, and putting the whole build on an angle really enhances the presentation. On top of that, you use the build to pose a simple but significant question. Well done. :thumbup:

Thank you - but here is the next question: Who will help me answer the first one? :-) 

On 9.2.2018 at 4:21 AM, Ayrlego said:

A beautiful little scene Elos. That olive green base is especially good looking (and I am jealous of so many olive plates!)  The lavender stalks and dark red leaves make a nice contrast. I have a suspicion we will indeed find out more about these natives :pir-laugh:

Yeah, let's go for the natives! Thanks for the great words, and get yourself some olive green, they are well worth it.

On 9.2.2018 at 6:37 PM, Kwatchi said:

A great vignette.  The violet and red foliage really counterpoints the green well; nice palette choice.  The minifigs are nicely designed and posed too.

Thank you, setting a colour-scheme and introducing the natives-minifigs was the whole point of this scene. :-) 

On 13.2.2018 at 3:47 AM, Bodi said:

I like your plants and rocky outcrops, nice minifigs posing!

Thank you, a dynamic minifig posing was important, happy it turned out so well! :-) 

Great dynamic vignette, Elos. And you do pose an interesting question. The challenge spoke of the natives, but we hardly saw them (if at all) during the challenge. And where are these ruins from? Who built them? Perhaps we will know in due time... ;)

As to the minifigs, aren't some of those parts from LOTR or something or urukhai?

2 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Bricklink. I think the legs are from some CMF, and the torsos and heads might be from pirates of the caribbean, but really not sure. If you are interested I might scan my orders for some links or part ids.

I would appreciate it! They look really good, this combination of parts is something I have not seen before, and I love the results.