4 hours ago, AfolFree said:

Apparently this was some kind of mistake, I was just asked to pay again :grin:

And I was asked to pay back as well.  :)  At least were all in the same boat!  Cant wait for those lights!

Bricksmarlin, did you use glue to attach the LED strips to the plates like the instructions suggest or some other method?

15 minutes ago, sandtrooper said:

Bricksmarlin, did you use glue to attach the LED strips to the plates like the instructions suggest or some other method?

I used a little bit glue for the 1x6 plate in the cockpit! I guess it could be done without but it would be very hard to get it so accurate! For the engines you don't need any glue at all! It's a pretty tight fit!

12 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

I used a little bit glue for the 1x6 plate in the cockpit! I guess it could be done without but it would be very hard to get it so accurate! For the engines you don't need any glue at all! It's a pretty tight fit! 

Hi Bricksmarlin, great job. Although it may seem like a simple kit there is a lot of study behind and evidence. We worked a lot on calibrating light intensity to make the final effect pleasant and very similar to reality.
There have been many bureaucratic difficulties to start with this project and things have been a bit slow at first. But our idea is to do things better. Now that we have left we will try to do our best.
Thanks for your feedback

Edited by StarBricks

On 5/4/2019 at 1:58 AM, StarBricks said:

Hi Bricksmarlin, great job. Although it may seem like a simple kit there is a lot of study behind and evidence. We worked a lot on calibrating light intensity to make the final effect pleasant and very similar to reality.
There have been many bureaucratic difficulties to start with this project and things have been a bit slow at first. But our idea is to do things better. Now that we have left we will try to do our best.
Thanks for your feedback

Wow, thanks Starbricks, Lygod, Bricksmarlin! I am eagerly awaiting my lighting kit. My office is going to love this new night light!

Guys,

Need advise/help- Its confusing me no end.

I decided to start sorting out the build for the TS. Ive got Kylo set to part out and using bricklink i have got to stage where ive added the set to part out, it then gives me this on the entire list for most o fthe items where its sees more items in the set.

Please see attached.

Do i exclude the items in yellow or not? Or have i got it completely wrong and i have to manually change all the quantities deleting the set out.

Ive tried it and i end up with more items in my want list.

I watched the video on youtube and it suggests the part out way - i cannot see how it works?

Thanks for the advise

Paul

ts.png

Edited by Poisonspyder

On 5/11/2019 at 7:24 AM, Poisonspyder said:

Guys,

Need advise/help- Its confusing me no end.

I decided to start sorting out the build for the TS. Ive got Kylo set to part out and using bricklink i have got to stage where ive added the set to part out, it then gives me this on the entire list for most o fthe items where its sees more items in the set.

Please see attached.

Do i exclude the items in yellow or not? Or have i got it completely wrong and i have to manually change all the quantities deleting the set out.

Ive tried it and i end up with more items in my want list.

I watched the video on youtube and it suggests the part out way - i cannot see how it works?

Thanks for the advise

Paul

ts.png

You will need 

2419 Dark Bluish Gray - 2 pieces

2431 Dark Bluish Gray - 8 pieces

I think you're showing 4x 2419 and 12x 2431 because the 75179 Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter Lego set provide those pieces in those quantities.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, viptouge said:

You will need 

2419 Dark Bluish Gray - 2 pieces

2431 Dark Bluish Gray - 8 pieces

I think you're showing 4x 2419 and 12x 2431 because the 75179 Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter Lego set provide those pieces in those quantities.

Thanks for that- Sorted.

I was being a bit thick on the day- i realized afterwards, as you said, the reason the quantities went up was for the parts in the KR set that i didn't use!

12 hours ago, vador22 said:

this moc is very impressive I love this :classic:

Thank you so much I am happy that you appreciate my work!

Finally done with it, lighting kit included and all. I just can't remember where I stored the custom tile, but it must have been some place very smart :damn:

Anyway, very enjoyable build, I would be hard pressed to point out any step or assembly that would not be on par with an official Lego set, and the instructions are nothing short of amazing. Connecting the wings was maybe the most difficult part, and it was still pretty easy.

My only regret is that the cockpit canopy does not stay perfectly vertical, there is a small opening on top. The hinge plate I used is probably a bit too loose/old/tired for the job ? Did anyone have the same issue ? I might come back to it and add some kind of locking mechanism on top under the hatch, but it's really a small detail.

Guys I've bought the instructions months now but I hadn't the time to start collecting the pieces. Any of you that Bricklinked it these days to check the estimate cost? Parts new or used?

On 3/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, AfolFree said:

Bricklinker feedback if anyone is interested :

• Around 13% of the part list is covered by 75179, including most of the printed parts and minifigs, so make sure you get one :) I got mine for ~50€
  • I got another 16% from Bricks and Pieces (France) ~100€
  • The rest came down to around 110€ without shipping from bricklink

So, including instructions, the entire ship will cost me approximatly 350€. Not too bad for over 3k pieces.

@vded Here is my feedback; not including the ligthing kit from Lygod

On 7/16/2019 at 9:12 AM, AfolFree said:

Finally done with it, lighting kit included and all. I just can't remember where I stored the custom tile, but it must have been some place very smart :damn:

Anyway, very enjoyable build, I would be hard pressed to point out any step or assembly that would not be on par with an official Lego set, and the instructions are nothing short of amazing. Connecting the wings was maybe the most difficult part, and it was still pretty easy.

My only regret is that the cockpit canopy does not stay perfectly vertical, there is a small opening on top. The hinge plate I used is probably a bit too loose/old/tired for the job ? Did anyone have the same issue ? I might come back to it and add some kind of locking mechanism on top under the hatch, but it's really a small detail. 

Hi AfolFree thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm glad it was fun for you to build my MOC. As for the slight inclination of the cockpit towards the bottom and the relative slit that is created in the upper part, this is due to the weight of the cockpit. Initially I wanted to correct this small lowering but then I evaluated that I liked the small inclination downwards and in my opinion it gave a small "worse" effect to the front of the ship. I therefore decided not to make any changes. Thank you again and I hope you decide to build my B-Project too !!

18 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

Hi AfolFree thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm glad it was fun for you to build my MOC. As for the slight inclination of the cockpit towards the bottom and the relative slit that is created in the upper part, this is due to the weight of the cockpit. Initially I wanted to correct this small lowering but then I evaluated that I liked the small inclination downwards and in my opinion it gave a small "worse" effect to the front of the ship. I therefore decided not to make any changes. Thank you again and I hope you decide to build my B-Project too !!

Sure thing ! I'm definitely waiting for the instructions for your B-Project ! (and I have no idea where I will display it, it looks massive *huh*)

Thanks for your feedback about the cockpit, it is good to know that it was not something wrong with my build. It really is not visible unless your know it's there. After a few days I think I will just leave it just the way it is !

Hi mirko

first congratulations for your job ! models are awesome!

I have an issue to order instructions on your web site: it seems button "send email" doesn't work......could you tell me how I can buy these instructions?

thanks

(sorry for my english, it is not my native language:-)

1 hour ago, derf said:

Hi mirko

first congratulations for your job ! models are awesome!

I have an issue to order instructions on your web site: it seems button "send email" doesn't work......could you tell me how I can buy these instructions?

thanks

(sorry for my english, it is not my native language:-) 

Hi Derf, I will reply to emails this weekend. Sorry for the delay but in this period I am very busy due to the work.

Are instructions still available? I filled the form on Mirko’s website for both SB00101 and SB00201 a week ago but did not receive any answer yet. 

Reached out to Mirko today from his website to buy the TS instructions.  Will let you know if/when I hear back from him.