Apparently this was some kind of mistake, I was just asked to pay again :grin:

4 hours ago, AfolFree said:

Apparently this was some kind of mistake, I was just asked to pay again :grin:

And I was asked to pay back as well.  :)  At least were all in the same boat!  Cant wait for those lights!

Posted (edited)

My lightning kit arrived today!

Very nice, like the whole project!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Edited by bricksmarlin

Bricksmarlin, did you use glue to attach the LED strips to the plates like the instructions suggest or some other method?

15 minutes ago, sandtrooper said:

Bricksmarlin, did you use glue to attach the LED strips to the plates like the instructions suggest or some other method?

I used a little bit glue for the 1x6 plate in the cockpit! I guess it could be done without but it would be very hard to get it so accurate! For the engines you don't need any glue at all! It's a pretty tight fit!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

I used a little bit glue for the 1x6 plate in the cockpit! I guess it could be done without but it would be very hard to get it so accurate! For the engines you don't need any glue at all! It's a pretty tight fit! 

Hi Bricksmarlin, great job. Although it may seem like a simple kit there is a lot of study behind and evidence. We worked a lot on calibrating light intensity to make the final effect pleasant and very similar to reality.
There have been many bureaucratic difficulties to start with this project and things have been a bit slow at first. But our idea is to do things better. Now that we have left we will try to do our best.
Thanks for your feedback

Edited by StarBricks

On 5/4/2019 at 1:58 AM, StarBricks said:

Hi Bricksmarlin, great job. Although it may seem like a simple kit there is a lot of study behind and evidence. We worked a lot on calibrating light intensity to make the final effect pleasant and very similar to reality.
There have been many bureaucratic difficulties to start with this project and things have been a bit slow at first. But our idea is to do things better. Now that we have left we will try to do our best.
Thanks for your feedback

Wow, thanks Starbricks, Lygod, Bricksmarlin! I am eagerly awaiting my lighting kit. My office is going to love this new night light!

Posted (edited)

Guys,

Need advise/help- Its confusing me no end.

I decided to start sorting out the build for the TS. Ive got Kylo set to part out and using bricklink i have got to stage where ive added the set to part out, it then gives me this on the entire list for most o fthe items where its sees more items in the set.

Please see attached.

Do i exclude the items in yellow or not? Or have i got it completely wrong and i have to manually change all the quantities deleting the set out.

Ive tried it and i end up with more items in my want list.

I watched the video on youtube and it suggests the part out way - i cannot see how it works?

Thanks for the advise

Paul

ts.png

Edited by Poisonspyder

On 5/11/2019 at 7:24 AM, Poisonspyder said:

Guys,

Need advise/help- Its confusing me no end.

I decided to start sorting out the build for the TS. Ive got Kylo set to part out and using bricklink i have got to stage where ive added the set to part out, it then gives me this on the entire list for most o fthe items where its sees more items in the set.

Please see attached.

Do i exclude the items in yellow or not? Or have i got it completely wrong and i have to manually change all the quantities deleting the set out.

Ive tried it and i end up with more items in my want list.

I watched the video on youtube and it suggests the part out way - i cannot see how it works?

Thanks for the advise

Paul

ts.png

You will need 

2419 Dark Bluish Gray - 2 pieces

2431 Dark Bluish Gray - 8 pieces

I think you're showing 4x 2419 and 12x 2431 because the 75179 Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter Lego set provide those pieces in those quantities.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, viptouge said:

You will need 

2419 Dark Bluish Gray - 2 pieces

2431 Dark Bluish Gray - 8 pieces

I think you're showing 4x 2419 and 12x 2431 because the 75179 Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter Lego set provide those pieces in those quantities.

Thanks for that- Sorted.

I was being a bit thick on the day- i realized afterwards, as you said, the reason the quantities went up was for the parts in the KR set that i didn't use!