21 minutes ago, WizardSleeve said:

Both my TS and U project are up for sale on eBay in the UK. If interested have a look.

What is the auction title?

1 hour ago, Mtnracer said:

What is the auction title?

Lego Star Wars UCS STARBRICKS TS PROJECT MOC - Rare

hi, I still have a guide with stickers for sale on offer. everything is new and unused. since I don't have time for the TS project. If anyone is interested, just write to me.

11 hours ago, Slawars said:

hi, I still have a guide with stickers for sale on offer. everything is new and unused. since I don't have time for the TS project. If anyone is interested, just write to me.

Slawars, I’m very interested! New member so the platform won’t let me DM you. How can I reach you?

On 4/20/2021 at 9:48 AM, Slawars said:

I’m also interested if jordache passes on it. I can’t DM you either...

I'm also looking for a copy of the instuctions/sticker sheet, have 70% of the parts (cart before the horse I know lol). I'm new to  the platform as well and can't DM. 

thanks

Is there any of these for sale on any other Lego buy/sell platforms?

I have the moc and instructions that I'm now going to be parting.   If interested in both.  DM me.

4 minutes ago, Lahh001 said:

I have the moc and instructions that I'm now going to be parting.   If interested in both.  DM me.

I’m interested, but can’t DM you due to be a new user. Could you send me a message please?

@Lahh001 please DM me if still available. I understand Morgrim was before me on the list of looking for this item and is still looking so I will wait until you deal with him first. Thanks

21 minutes ago, Sine qua non said:

Looking to buy the book and set or just the book (must be completed with tile and stickers). Two sellers on here have ghosted the sale TWICE. Please be serious about selling. Thank you and may the force be with you. :classic:

Yes and be better to the community. There’s a lot of price gauging on this thread. I’m looking for instructions so that I can learn from Mirko’s techniques and twice have been turned off by sellers charging 3X-4X for instructions. If Mirko printed a limited set of these instructions to protect the community from high prices on parts, I’m sure he wouldn’t want the community taken advantage of on the instructions end. Definitely some hypocrisy in that. When I joined this board, I understood the purpose was to share and learn from each other, not fuel the hype machine. 

On 5/14/2021 at 3:59 PM, jordache said:

Yes and be better to the community. There’s a lot of price gauging on this thread. I’m looking for instructions so that I can learn from Mirko’s techniques and twice have been turned off by sellers charging 3X-4X for instructions. If Mirko printed a limited set of these instructions to protect the community from high prices on parts, I’m sure he wouldn’t want the community taken advantage of on the instructions end. Definitely some hypocrisy in that. When I joined this board, I understood the purpose was to share and learn from each other, not fuel the hype machine.  

The philosophy behind the limited edition of the instructions is necessary to contain the cost of parts for the construction of the MOC. It is useless to share countless PDF files and thus create a very large community that goes in search of the parts. Few instructions in circulation also means few people looking for parts .. and this helps to make parts cheaper and less rare.

1 hour ago, StarBricks said:

The philosophy behind the limited edition of the instructions is necessary to contain the cost of parts for the construction of the MOC. It is useless to share countless PDF files and thus create a very large community that goes in search of the parts. Few instructions in circulation also means few people looking for parts .. and this helps to make parts cheaper and less rare.

Yes exactly Mirko, so let’s not price gouge on resale of the instructions.  If we’re making our best effort to make parts cheaper for the community, we should make our best effort to make sure the instructions are cheaper too (instead of selling the PDF at prices of $150+).  This is a community where we share and learn from each other, let’s uphold that.

3 minutes ago, jordache said:

Yes exactly Mirko, so let’s not price gouge on resale of the instructions.  If we’re making our best effort to make parts cheaper for the community, we should make our best effort to make sure the instructions are cheaper too (instead of selling the PDF at prices of $150+).  This is a community where we share and learn from each other, let’s uphold that. 

I don't know what you are referring to when you talk about PDF for $ 150 because I don't sell PDFs.

30 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

I don't know what you are referring to when you talk about PDF for $ 150 because I don't sell PDFs.

Sorry, meant instructions (not PDF).  I’m also referring here to resale, Mirko.  Those who are reselling your instructions are selling them for 3X-4X.  I’m making the point that the astronomical resale prices that members of this community are asking for goes against your intent to maintain low prices and reduce barrier to entry for builders (especially new builders).

21 minutes ago, jordache said:

Sorry, meant instructions (not PDF).  I’m also referring here to resale, Mirko.  Those who are reselling your instructions are selling them for 3X-4X.  I’m making the point that the astronomical resale prices that members of this community are asking for goes against your intent to maintain low prices and reduce barrier to entry for builders (especially new builders). 

I can't stop people from reselling their copy of the instructions. I find it something that makes no sense because I am assuming that a real AFOL should buy the manual to build the MOC and then keep everything in his collection. Whoever does this breaks the philosophy of the limited edition project and does not respect the high AFOLs who are still collecting the parts for the construction of the MOC.

Just wanted to give my thoughts on this as it seems to be a growing thread for wanting these instructions. I myself am fairly new to the Lego UCS community and absolutely love it and am into MOC's. I am desperately trying to acquire the TS & U Wing project in my collection but unfortunately missed out on these years ago when available. I respect Mirko as a designer and his idea of a "limited" run of the plans to protect parts from being hard to find or rare but I simply think this isn't the case. These sets have a good fundamental start which is buying the stock Lego set which have the specific/hard to find or pricey elements such as cockpit glasses, printed bricks, minifigs etc. All the parts for these projects are very obtainable as it was designed this way in my local province of Ontario, Canada.

MOC's are expensive and only cater to a small percentage of collectors, this forum shows that if your on here looking your very passionate and its even a smaller percentage of people spending the time to find these after the fact. Would it not make sense to have a limited run (say even 50 prints) rereleased maybe on like a 2 or 3 yr anniversary of the project? The price gouging and piracy of this would stop and people like me that would be patient enough to wait the number of years at one more shot at it. The parts I don't think will ever be a problem but even if that was the case the time has passed to replenish stock levels.

Some thoughts on reselling instructions: I was able to buy my U Project instructions from another user and I paid a little more than he paid plus shipping from overseas. Now my cost is already double the original cost. So if I decide to sell my instructions the buyer should expect to pay 2-3 times the original price. Nobody price gouged anyone but prices do go up naturally. 

15 hours ago, Mtnracer said:

Some thoughts on reselling instructions: I was able to buy my U Project instructions from another user and I paid a little more than he paid plus shipping from overseas. Now my cost is already double the original cost. So if I decide to sell my instructions the buyer should expect to pay 2-3 times the original price. Nobody price gouged anyone but prices do go up naturally. 

It is only because it’s limited and you want to make money of it.

When i resell used stuff, it usually loose value from when i bought it. It’s only the limited numbers of instructions available that’s driving the price up..

and the greediness of the people. 

3 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

It is only because it’s limited and you want to make money of it.

When i resell used stuff, it usually loose value from when i bought it. It’s only the limited numbers of instructions available that’s driving the price up..

and the greediness of the people. 

Its unfortunate that people feel the need to turn these MOCs into an “investment”. This price hiking really only started when a couple people on the other thread were gloating about how much money they could swindle for their manuals/parts. Before that these manuals were pretty much a first come first serve type deal where they would sell for original price.

Sucks for anyone that missed out on these, scalpers and “investors” will ruin any hobby.

I believe that in both cases there are PROS and CONS:

Solution no. 1) Limited instructions
PROS: Few people = few parts lists and therefore a lower construction cost for those who intend to actually build the MOC

CONS: Possible resale of the instructions once they are exhausted = increase in the cost of the instructions (which, however, I do not conceive or approve because a true AFOL should keep the construction manual with the MOC).

Solution no. 2) Unlimited Instructions (PDF)
PRO: Lower cost of instructions and constant over time

CONS: Increase in people looking for parts with a consequent increase in the cost of parts and the rarity of some pieces. Furthermore, people who take the instructions after 1 or 2 years would end up with a wantet list with parts that are no longer recoverable or very expensive.

Ultimately, considering that my MOCs are made up of many parts and therefore quite demanding from an economic point of view, I prefer solution no. 1 because I believe that it is the most appropriate and that it guarantees, to the people who really intend to build my MOCs, a lower expense.
I am not interested in "making numbers" and I prefer to look at the quality and exclusivity of the project. This is the philosophy behind it all.

I absolutely respect your choice.

I see it like an artist would make a limited edition of his work. When you add the amount of work for the book, i clearly see why you run that kind of quantities.

Actually the best solution is to not miss the train when instructions are released.

Otherwise, well, like any desirable item that is not widely available, you’ll need luck or be ready to pay the price.