Being an old geezer I've had the Techfig seats since 1986 but not once have I ever thought about using them for minifigs. Nice to learn something new :thumbup:

The project looks topnotch, the instruction booklet is amazing and prized fairly for a labour of love from a MOC'er, imho

However, there's one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb and that's the curved slopes used in the angled part of the wings. Was it not possible to use non-curved slopes? Perhaps the 1x4 type?

Cheers,

Ole

On 10/7/2019 at 8:49 PM, 1974 said:

Being an old geezer I've had the Techfig seats since 1986 but not once have I ever thought about using them for minifigs. Nice to learn something new :thumbup:

The project looks topnotch, the instruction booklet is amazing and prized fairly for a labour of love from a MOC'er, imho

However, there's one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb and that's the curved slopes used in the angled part of the wings. Was it not possible to use non-curved slopes? Perhaps the 1x4 type?

Cheers, 

Ole 

Hi Ole, thank you so much for the compliments and I'm really happy that you enjoyed my MOC. Regarding your question I did a lot of tests to recreate the correct inclination of the wings and unfortunately no slope element gave me the opportunity to have the right angle. Moreover, when I design and build, I worry a lot about the static aspect and the solution I chose was in my opinion the right compromise between static and design. Thanks again!!

On 10/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, methuselah said:

Are instructions still available? I filled the form on Mirko’s website for both SB00101 and SB00201 a week ago but did not receive any answer yet. 

Hi Methuselah, I'm sorry for being late but I'm very busy with my work and my family at this time. I usually reply to emails during the week. Sorry again

On 10/7/2019 at 1:30 PM, Cygma said:

Reached out to Mirko today from his website to buy the TS instructions.  Will let you know if/when I hear back from him.

Hi Methuselah, I'm sorry for being late but I'm very busy with my work and my family at this time. I usually reply to emails during the week. Sorry again

On 3/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, AfolFree said:

Bricklinker feedback if anyone is interested :

• Around 13% of the part list is covered by 75179, including most of the printed parts and minifigs, so make sure you get one :) I got mine for ~50€
  • I got another 16% from Bricks and Pieces (France) ~100€
  • The rest came down to around 110€ without shipping from bricklink

So, including instructions, the entire ship will cost me approximatly 350€. Not too bad for over 3k pieces.

Hello AfolFree from a fellow French member :)

I was wondering if you could share me your order details so I can check if I could also get the parts for a similar budget.

I just contacted StarBricks about ordering his instructions.

Thanks.

Edited by macaron35

17 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Hello AfolFree from a fellow French member :)

I was wondering if you could share me your order details so I can check if I could also get the parts for a similar budget.

I just contacted StarBricks about ordering his instructions.

Thanks.

Hi macaron35, excellent information. I spend a lot of time choosing the pieces and checking that they are easily available and at a good price. Usually for my MOC I calculate 0.10 / 0.15 euro per piece but in the case of the TS-Project you can safely stay around 0.08 / 0.10 euro per piece.
Then I always recommend buying an official 75179 set.

11 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Hi macaron35, excellent information. I spend a lot of time choosing the pieces and checking that they are easily available and at a good price. Usually for my MOC I calculate 0.10 / 0.15 euro per piece but in the case of the TS-Project you can safely stay around 0.08 / 0.10 euro per piece.
Then I always recommend buying an official 75179 set.

Hi Mirko,

Thanks for the info.

Is the 75179 set worth its price considering that AfolFree only used 13% of the set ?

I was wondering if it's a bit too expensive to buy a full set for just 13% vs bricklink.

I am trying to get an estimate of the costs before ordering your instructions manual and the pieces

Edit: I sent you an email to order the book :)

Edited by macaron35

On 12/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, macaron35 said:

Is the 75179 set worth its price considering that AfolFree only used 13% of the set ?

I was wondering if it's a bit too expensive to buy a full set for just 13% vs bricklink

Just to clarify, parts of 75179 make up for 13% of the MOC pieces.
I didn't count exactly how many parts of 75179 were used, but it is definitely way more than 13%, and the printed parts alone make it worth it !

For the order details, I will try to find the time to collect it, but no promises ^^

Just now, AfolFree said:

Just to clarify, parts of 75179 make up for 13% of the MOC pieces.
I didn't count exactly how many parts of 75179 were used, but it is definitely way more than 13%, and the printed parts alone make it worth it !

For the order details, I will try to find the time to collect it, but no promises ^^

Hi !

Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks also for the order details whenever you can.

In the meantime, merry Xmas holidays ! :)

I'm mid way through building this amazing creation. I'd like to get the lighting kit from Lygod, but there is nothing in stock in the store. Do you know if the kit will be restocked, or is it something that LEGO won't allow any more?

Just noticed the LYGOD store on Bricklink is closed! :iamded_lol:
I know Mirko is busy and may not be able to answer, but does anyone know if this is a temporary thing? There doesn't appear to be an active email address on the StarBricks website...
Did anyone successfully install the LYGOD kit? Does it need to be that one?

Store Suspended

On Feb 12, 2020

Reason: Violation of BrickLink's Terms of Service

Yes I did install it, it was quite easy and obviously a perfect fit for the MOC.
However, if you know your way around LED lighting, I think you can easily light the MOC by yourself, there is nothing exotic in the lygod lighting kit.

11 hours ago, TrooperX said:

Just noticed the LYGOD store on Bricklink is closed! :iamded_lol:
I know Mirko is busy and may not be able to answer, but does anyone know if this is a temporary thing? There doesn't appear to be an active email address on the StarBricks website...
Did anyone successfully install the LYGOD kit? Does it need to be that one?

Store Suspended

On Feb 12, 2020

Reason: Violation of BrickLink's Terms of Service

I believe since TLG took over Bricklink it's against their new Ts & Cs to sell non-Lego products on BL (hence the "violation" reason above, perhaps). They may be working through all the stores with non-Lego products and closing them off until the products are removed... I have a couple of sBricks I was going to throw up on my store, but not now! *oh2*

Maybe they have a BrickOwl store or eBay... 

On 2/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, waden34 said:

I'm mid way through building this amazing creation. I'd like to get the lighting kit from Lygod, but there is nothing in stock in the store. Do you know if the kit will be restocked, or is it something that LEGO won't allow any more?

It also doesn't impact the build. I added the lit after finishing the entire thing, and it was relatively easy. So at least you dont have to wait on the build, while they get the store or a new method sorted out. It does look rather nice!

9 hours ago, manglegrat said:

I believe since TLG took over Bricklink it's against their new Ts & Cs to sell non-Lego products on BL (hence the "violation" reason above, perhaps). They may be working through all the stores with non-Lego products and closing them off until the products are removed... I have a couple of sBricks I was going to throw up on my store, but not now! *oh2*

Maybe they have a BrickOwl store or eBay...  

For the lighting kit you can contact LYGOD directly by email. On my website I have updated the LYGOD link with your direct email.

I originally contacted Lygod through Bricklink also, and he put two more kits in his store. I was able to get one shipped before it was suspended (I ordered on the 12th, so that's probably how they caught it :( ). I did finish the build (which is completely amazing!!) and am looking forward to getting the lights put in as soon as I receive them.

I think if LEGO wasn't developing their own lighting system, they may have allowed stores like this to continue. I'm glad to see there is another way to contact him for kits for the upcoming projects!!

Edited by waden34
Adding comment

On 2/25/2020 at 2:25 PM, hackenbacker said:

I sent LYGOD a message on Saturday and I've had nothing back.

@waden34 - Have your lights arrived?

I did get my lights and installed them this week. They look pretty awesome! It took about a week for Lygod to respond to my initial response asking if he had any in stock, so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

IMG_0291.JPG.48bac32d81bdfb4525ee2b75ac815d88.JPG

19 hours ago, waden34 said:

I did get my lights and installed them this week. They look pretty awesome! It took about a week for Lygod to respond to my initial response asking if he had any in stock, so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

IMG_0291.JPG.48bac32d81bdfb4525ee2b75ac815d88.JPG

That looks great. I have actually had a reply from LYGOD now, but they can't take my order until they have set their purchase system up again after being booted off Bricklink :sad:.

My 75179 arrived today and having had a sort through my spare bricks I'm up to 37% of the required elements already. I will be putting a few orders in over the weekend for the rest.

The cockpit pieces, the Technic seat and the 8x8 dish are a few pieces that will cost a pretty penny if you try to get them in new condition. I ended up going with used, and wish I hadn't for the cockpit. It doesn't look bad from a good viewing distance, but there are quite a lot of scuffs on the ones I got. 

I think my total build cost including Mirko's instruction manual, the original 75179 I've just bought and the extra elements I'll have to order above the ones I have from my own supply, will total around £240.

I'll have to ad the cost of the LYGOD light kit on to that, but I don't know how much that is going to be.

Expensive business, but I think it will be worth it.

That 8x8 black radar dish is higher than giraffe P****.  I just took a brown one and painted it with primer and then black gloss paint and it’s all good. Matches perfectly. FYI for those who don’t want to spend $25 on a dish 

@Rexamusclydefrog I completely agree with you. I'm about 75% of the way through sourcing all the parts.  I sourced 51% of them through my own inventory. I've been visiting a local Lego shop and twice a week and I've sourced the other 24% there. I found the 8 x 8" inverted black dish on BrickLink.com for $2.89, added to my cart and shopped for some other items on my list - went to checkout and the dish had been sold already.  The cheapest I've found it is $13.00 + $5.00 to ship it to me. I figured sense that's in the later part of the build, I'm okay with not having it right away.  I also checked Lego.com for that part and it is out of stock there as well.  I

What I did find is a seller on FaceBook marketplace that is selling the Offical Lego version of the Tie Silencer which should have the Round Dish in addition to some of the other pieces that are only available through this set.  That's also what Mirko recommended to do in the instructions as well.  

This is the first time I've put the a MOC together and I think Mirko has set the bar really high for what I've come to expect for instructions.  

Also, I wanted to let other people know that I received a response from LyGod about the lighting kit a few weeks back.  This is what they wrote to me. 

<c...f@gmail.com>
Mon, Feb 24, 9:53 AM
to infolygod

Hello There, 
I was curious how I would go about finding the price / ordering information so I can purchase the LYGOD Lighting Kit for the TG Project from Star Bricks.  
I went to your site on BrickLink - but it said it was suspended for violating terms of service.  Do you still sell the lighting kits? Is there a website I go to in order to purchase them? 
Thank you for your time, 
Sincerely, 

Corey 

Lygod
Wed, Feb 26, 9:59 AM
to me

Good afternoon,
we have a lighting kit available, but as the Bricklink site no longer allows us to sell items that are not Lego, we are organizing to activate a new sales channel. As soon as the new channel is available, we will inform you.
Best regards,
The Lygod Staff

14 hours ago, coreyschaaf said:

@Rexamusclydefrog I completely agree with you. I'm about 75% of the way through sourcing all the parts.  I sourced 51% of them through my own inventory. I've been visiting a local Lego shop and twice a week and I've sourced the other 24% there. I found the 8 x 8" inverted black dish on BrickLink.com for $2.89, added to my cart and shopped for some other items on my list - went to checkout and the dish had been sold already.  The cheapest I've found it is $13.00 + $5.00 to ship it to me. I figured sense that's in the later part of the build, I'm okay with not having it right away.  I also checked Lego.com for that part and it is out of stock there as well.  I

What I did find is a seller on FaceBook marketplace that is selling the Offical Lego version of the Tie Silencer which should have the Round Dish in addition to some of the other pieces that are only available through this set.  That's also what Mirko recommended to do in the instructions as well.  

This is the first time I've put the a MOC together and I think Mirko has set the bar really high for what I've come to expect for instructions.  

Also, I wanted to let other people know that I received a response from LyGod about the lighting kit a few weeks back.  This is what they wrote to me. 

<c...f@gmail.com>
Mon, Feb 24, 9:53 AM
to infolygod

Hello There, 
I was curious how I would go about finding the price / ordering information so I can purchase the LYGOD Lighting Kit for the TG Project from Star Bricks.  
I went to your site on BrickLink - but it said it was suspended for violating terms of service.  Do you still sell the lighting kits? Is there a website I go to in order to purchase them? 
Thank you for your time, 
Sincerely, 

Corey 

Lygod
Wed, Feb 26, 9:59 AM
to me

Good afternoon,
we have a lighting kit available, but as the Bricklink site no longer allows us to sell items that are not Lego, we are organizing to activate a new sales channel. As soon as the new channel is available, we will inform you.
Best regards,
The Lygod Staff

Corey thank you !!

"This is the first time I've put the a MOC together and I think Mirko has set the bar really high for what I've come to expect for instructions"

I am happy that you appreciate my passion !!