Hi everyone

I would like to present you my MAN TGS 6x4 with bucket gripper. The truck is built in 1:16.5 scale and has 10 remote controlled functions for which 11 PF motors and servo motors are needed. The model is controlled by 3 SBricks over the BrickController 2 app. In the app I programed the pneumatic pump so that it switches on as soon I use one of the pneumatic functions. This is a great feature of the BC2 app that several Ports of the Sbrick can be on one stick on the gamepad. Like that the pump only works if pressure is need and you don't have to press a second button for the pump. Furthermore, the model has suspension and 6x4 drive. 

Edited by functionalTechnic

Very nice M.A.N. but Loadall is still my favorite.

Perhaps has M.A.N. to much features for my taste, but it is great MOC

33 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Fantastic! I hope you'll show some more photos of the internals. Seems that all of it is gull of motors.

This is the case. it is full of motors. 

Here an other video, where you can see a bit of the mechanics:

That is sweet!
Really surpised to see how smooth the pneumatics work, but also that the crane is able to turn arround so easily with so much overhanging weight!

Wow this is a whole new level of filling in the space inside a MOC. Awesome work!

Do you have servos connected directly to the new pneumatic valves? Did you change the maximum angle of the servo rotation in the app?

Very nice truck!  I like the smooth operation of the pneumatics.

(edit:  part of my comment removed because I failed to read everything above.)

Edited by dhc6twinotter

On 4/13/2020 at 12:20 PM, jrx said:

Great MOC. The smooth Pneumatics is so impressive.

Many thanks to berlin

On 4/13/2020 at 1:56 PM, jshuiting said:

Really surpised to see how smooth the pneumatics work, but also that the crane is able to turn arround so easily with so much overhanging weight!

Actually, the cran ist not so heavy and also a bucket full of roundbricks is light. It also helps, that the main ram is a LA. 

19 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Do you have servos connected directly to the new pneumatic valves? Did you change the maximum angle of the servo rotation in the app?

I developed a mechanical solution for this problem: It is option 3 in the video: 

41 minutes ago, functionalTechnic said:

I developed a mechanical solution for this problem: It is option 3 in the video: 

Wow, I've seen this already - but forgot it was yours. Genius! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, functionalTechnic said:

Actually, the cran ist not so heavy and also a bucket full of roundbricks is light. It also helps, that the main ram is a LA. 

I assume you also didn't use any white clutch gears?

Would you be willing to post some close-ups of the crane itself? I would love to make something similiar for my Arocs, it looks so much better!

On 4/14/2020 at 10:50 PM, jshuiting said:

Would you be willing to post some close-ups of the crane itself? I would love to make something similiar for my Arocs, it looks so much better!

I will make some pictures soon (next week)

On 4/28/2020 at 7:55 AM, functionalTechnic said:

For my taste the bucket of 42043 was not powerful enough. therefore, i use in this moc two cylinders. furtheremore, it was easier to build like this.

Does using 2 also make it work smoother? I noticed that the bucket on mine only opens at higher pressures, slamming itself close and making lots of noise, that's still a mayor issue i want to fix somehow.

I think so. But manly, the mechanical levers are optimized. But it can also depend on each cylinder. Not all are sliding equally. But there are also disadvantages: You need more tubing and the joint where the bucket is fixed on the arm oscillates

On 4/29/2020 at 6:53 PM, jshuiting said:

Does using 2 also make it work smoother? I noticed that the bucket on mine only opens at higher pressures, slamming itself close and making lots of noise, that's still a mayor issue i want to fix somehow.

I think so. But manly, the mechanical levers are optimized. But it can also depend on each cylinder. Not all are sliding equally. But there are also disadvantages: You need more tubing and the joint where the bucket is fixed on the arm oscillates worse due to the resistance of the pneumatic hoses. Furthermore, the timing of the both cylinders can be off if the resistance is not the same in both cylinders since the air always goes the way with the lowest resistance. 

On 4/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, functionalTechnic said:

Many thanks to berlin

Nice topic. I like this kind of mechanism very much. But Lego still needs to create a better valve for more air precision.

Edited by Aris

On 5/5/2018 at 10:02 AM, functionalTechnic said:

Hi everyone

I would like to announce a new video on youtube: 

It is a MOC which lets you control 6 pneumatic functions with only 4 IR channels. This can be helpful if you build a model with many pneumatic RC functions. Like this you need less PF Servo Motors and less space in your model. In contrary you cannot control all functions at the same time. How it works: always 3 pneumatic valves are connected to the servo motors and the other 3 valves are blocked, so that they can be connected properly if you want to control the other 3 valves. 

Cheers FT

Mate this is incredible! Very compact and clever design! :sweet:

Hi everyone

From 5.-7. of November 2021 the LEGO exhibition Bricking Bavaria in Friedrichshafen Germany took place. I was also part of the exhibitors and made a video about models on the Technic Action Area, where a street system was evolved and two mines for 1x1 round bricks existed where you could handle 1x1 round bricks with the models. it was a super experience also this year. Here you can see shortly what happened there:

Cool video from Bricking Bavaria @functionalTechnic, which reminds me; is loadall still alive (since I saw Scorpion)? And how it looks with new Zetros tires?

Kind regards

On 11/19/2021 at 10:37 PM, gyenesvi said:

This is soo cool to watch, very nice and functional models, thanks for posting.

you are welcome. I'm glad you like it. Thanks for watching.

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

is loadall still alive (since I saw Scorpion)? And how it looks with new Zetros tires?

Hi, you mean the telehandler? it was also at the exhebition but I missed to make a video of it. I upgraded to boom extension mechanism with a worm gear and it works much better now. The new tires I haven't test because I don't have some. But I guess they are too wide. I will test as soon I have some. At the exhibition it drove on the new buggy (75mm) tires. Looks also great

6 hours ago, functionalTechnic said:

you are welcome. I'm glad you like it. Thanks for watching.

Hi, you mean the telehandler? it was also at the exhebition but I missed to make a video of it. I upgraded to boom extension mechanism with a worm gear and it works much better now. The new tires I haven't test because I don't have some. But I guess they are too wide. I will test as soon I have some. At the exhibition it drove on the new buggy (75mm) tires. Looks also great

New buggy tires are suitable for wastemaster loadall series. Pity that we could not see updated version; specially now when I have only few minutes time per day to peek on forum (not to mention that only useful thing that I could do are some tire modifications to gain 88 mm diameter... for one future project)

Kind regards