Hi everyone,

Finally, I have finished a project which I was building since last September. It is the scale model of the Intrac 2011 snow blower which is/was often used in the swiss alps by the army and other communal parties. It was the aim to create another working snow blower after the success of the snow blower from last winter. The blower is powered by three buggy-motors which are all controlled by a separate Sbrick. Each track is driven by two PF XL motors. The snow blower shoot direction is controlled by two 9-volt micro motors and the height of the snow blower by one PF L motor. As power source I used two Buwizz as battery or a custom lipo battery. After a certain time in the cold I had the replace the Buwizz with the custom lipo battery. 

K1600_IMG_2451.jpg

K1600_IMG_2457.jpg

K1600_IMG_2466.jpg

Cheers FT

Edited by functionalTechnic
change the video appearance

Isn't it amazing what can be made with Lego :sweet: Great work!

4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I'd love to see a better photo of the blade(?) and how the blower mechanism works.

+1

It’s a nice compact and unusual vehicle.

The snow blower is not very powerfull, but nothing is very powerfull when made of Lego :laugh:

This is such type of MOC, which I had to look twice to realize it is made of LEGO - great photography compositions! :thumbup: I am very impressed by the look and the functionality (LEGO wise it is good), for me this is also HOF material. :classic:

Very cool and unusual machine - and great made in LEGO. See this MOC in the HOF too.

20 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

That is really cool, I'd love to see a better photo of the blade(?) and how the blower mechanism works.

what do you mean with blade? There is only the auger or barrel or how you want to call it (I don't know the right term in english). Since it spinns really fast, the snow is blown out of the shoot. If you want to see further pictures, then please visit my webpage: http://www.functionaltechnic.com/intrac-2011/

13 hours ago, agrof said:

This is such type of MOC, which I had to look twice to realize it is made of LEGO - great photography compositions! :thumbup: I am very impressed by the look and the functionality (LEGO wise it is good), for me this is also HOF material. :classic:

10 hours ago, jrx said:

Very cool and unusual machine - and great made in LEGO. See this MOC in the HOF too.

Thanks for all the nice words. It would be a honer to see my model in the HOF

Cheers Simon

Hi everyone

I would like to announce a new video on youtube: 

It is a MOC which lets you control 6 pneumatic functions with only 4 IR channels. This can be helpful if you build a model with many pneumatic RC functions. Like this you need less PF Servo Motors and less space in your model. In contrary you cannot control all functions at the same time. How it works: always 3 pneumatic valves are connected to the servo motors and the other 3 valves are blocked, so that they can be connected properly if you want to control the other 3 valves. 

Cheers FT

Hi everyone

Finally, I finish my modification of the 42078 set. My MOD is mainly powered with pneumatics and is completely remote controlled. Furhtermore, it is possible to decouple the container remotely. 

Cheers FT

Very cool! I didn't expect that a pneumatic solution would work so smoothly, considering the lag and asynchronous behaviour that often occurs in pneumatic circuits. Great work :thumbup:

11 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Nice MOD.

8 hours ago, Berthil said:

Impressive piece of work, even with chain decoupling!

7 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Amazing project....very well built!!

Thanks for all the nice words

37 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

The pump and valves are really nicely implemented - great work!

This was one of the main challanges to place all the pneumatics in the trailer. Fortunately, the original set does have alot of unused space below the trailer

15 minutes ago, Ludo Visser said:

Very cool! I didn't expect that a pneumatic solution would work so smoothly, considering the lag and asynchronous behaviour that often occurs in pneumatic circuits. Great work :thumbup:

This was the greatest challange of this MOD. But with the splitted pneumatic circuits per cylinder it works well. However, it was important to have two pneumatic cyliners with similar friction within the cylinder. Otherwise, the movement of the arms was not synchronical. 

Cheers FT

I don't know where to start but with certainly, WOW! I have watched a number of times and its still, how the bleep are you engineering that!

Very well implemented, amazing engineering, love your other vids as well, I'm now using your design for switching a valve using a servo, this is the first design I see that let's the servo do a full 90° turn :thumbup:

The best mod of this set I’ve seen. Great work.

Edited by grum64