That's really wonderful; the chain decoupling was a big surprise; I didn't spot the tell-tale receiver at the top of the container at first. It's funny that the only thing it can really carry is its own decoupling mechanism!

On 6/24/2018 at 3:57 PM, IstakaCiti said:

Wow, great mod, even though rest of it is more complicated the coolest mod is container detachment :)

On 6/24/2018 at 4:50 PM, grum64 said:

The best mod of this set I’ve seen. Great work.

Thanks again for all your coments

On 6/24/2018 at 11:47 AM, brickless_kiwi said:

I don't know where to start but with certainly, WOW! I have watched a number of times and its still, how the bleep are you engineering that!

it was a tough project but in the end I could manage it. It only worked since I redesigned the trailer completely. The trailer unit I only changed a little bit. 

On 6/24/2018 at 2:00 PM, Permo said:

Very well implemented, amazing engineering, love your other vids as well, I'm now using your design for switching a valve using a servo, this is the first design I see that let's the servo do a full 90° turn :thumbup:

I'm glad you like my pneumatic solutions. Now, a new valve is ananounced. I'm looking fordward to this valve and hope that there will be new opportunities. 

18 hours ago, ctx1769 said:

That was amazing, have you put it up on rebrickable.com yet? ? 

This would be nice. Unfortunately, I need to make instructions and unfortunately I cannot find time for that. I do have some instructions made in the LDD. However, I haven't found a program to convert these lousy instructions into something usable. If you have any suggestions then please let me know. 

14 hours ago, conceitedguy said:

That's really wonderful; the chain decoupling was a big surprise; I didn't spot the tell-tale receiver at the top of the container at first. It's funny that the only thing it can really carry is its own decoupling mechanism!

Exactly, much more load is anyway not possible

12 hours ago, ndm1306 said:

Hope you can guide people to do that. So so great!

Do you mean with instructions?

On 6/25/2018 at 10:16 PM, functionalTechnic said:

Yes, many thanks for that.

Thanks again for all your coments

it was a tough project but in the end I could manage it. It only worked since I redesigned the trailer completely. The trailer unit I only changed a little bit. 

I'm glad you like my pneumatic solutions. Now, a new valve is ananounced. I'm looking fordward to this valve and hope that there will be new opportunities. 

This would be nice. Unfortunately, I need to make instructions and unfortunately I cannot find time for that. I do have some instructions made in the LDD. However, I haven't found a program to convert these lousy instructions into something usable. If you have any suggestions then please let me know. 

Exactly, much more load is anyway not possible

Do you mean with instructions?

Very well done dude! The chain decoupling is a real surprise and really cool :thumbup:

Hi everyone

Finally I got the new pneumatic valves and started to test them for RC usage. It seems to work pretty well. For the first test I limited the deflection angle of the servo motor with the Sbrick. It works fine but smooth control of the valve is not possible due to the servo steps. With the first step of the servo the valve is still closed. At the next step of the servo motor the valve is already fully open. Therefore, I geared down the servo motor, so that the servo motor can deflect 90° and the valve only 40-45°. Like this also a smooth control of the pneumatic cylinder is possible at high pressure. 

Cheers FT

Edited by functionalTechnic

Hi everyone

For a project I developped the present axle in the video. Unfortunately, the truck belonging to the axle didn't work. Anyhow the axle showed nice performance. Therefore, I want to share it with you. The axles are 13 studs wide, do have diff-lock and most of the LEGO Technic wheels fit to them.

Cheers FT

On 8/11/2018 at 12:09 AM, functionalTechnic said:

Hi everyone

Finally I got the new pneumatic valves and started to test them for RC usage. It seems to work pretty well. For the first test I limited the deflection angle of the servo motor with the Sbrick. It works fine but smooth control of the valve is not possible due to the servo steps. With the first step of the servo the valve is still closed. At the next step of the servo motor the valve is already fully open. Therefore, I geared down the servo motor, so that the servo motor can deflect 90° and the valve only 40-45°. Like this also a smooth control of the pneumatic cylinder is possible at high pressure.

Cheers FT

Question for you @functionalTechnic

The new Pneumatic switches are finally available on Bricklink, and I really want to start building pneumatic MOC but before buying I'd like to have your opinion. From my point of view the new switches are bigger and probably harder to integrate in a MOC due to the position of the air ports. But in an other hand they seems to be more usefull and easy to use thank to the axle in the middle. From your experience, would you say it worth buy them? or the "previous" version from the 42043 Mercedes sets are usefull enough (there is a lot of building possibility for RC switch and autovalve all around the internet).

Thanks!

On 9/4/2018 at 9:52 AM, Superkoala said:

Question for you @functionalTechnic

The new Pneumatic switches are finally available on Bricklink, and I really want to start building pneumatic MOC but before buying I'd like to have your opinion. From my point of view the new switches are bigger and probably harder to integrate in a MOC due to the position of the air ports. But in an other hand they seems to be more usefull and easy to use thank to the axle in the middle. From your experience, would you say it worth buy them? or the "previous" version from the 42043 Mercedes sets are usefull enough (there is a lot of building possibility for RC switch and autovalve all around the internet).

Thanks!

Hi,

I think it depends on what you want do do with them and how much space is available. I guess you want to use them remotely?

For manual use it doesn't mather which one you take. For the manual use it simply depends on how you can fix them in your model. 

If you want to use them remotely, then it is more complicated because normaly there is only limited space available due to the PF elements. 

If you want to build a autovalve like sariel did or I used in my MACK Anthem with pneumatics, then I recomend to use to previous valves. Until now, I haven't found a solution to use the new valves as autovalves. If you need a compact autovalve, I can send you a LDD for that. 

If you want to use a PF servo motor for backcentering the valve then it depends on your space in the model:

• If you take the previous valves then you can build a unit which is 3x13x6 studs big. 2 studs in lenght are used for the fixation of the hoses. Anyhow you need aditional 2 studs in wide to fix everything. Therefore it makes in total 13x5x6 studs
  • If you take the new valve then you can build a unit which is 10x6x5 studs in size including the fixation of the unit. The hoses are leaving the unit in another direction. 

Conclusion: if you want to build only one valve then the volume of the whole RC unit (Servo motot and valve) is approximately of the same size. then it only depneds from which direction you want to plug the hoses. If you need more than one RC valve then you can save space with the previous valve since you need in total only 2 studs for fixation in widths. With the new valve is probable that you need more space for the fixation since it is 5 studs wide. 

Cheers FT

Hi everyone

A week ago took the Bricking Bavaria in Munich place. It was a pleasure for me that I could show my models there with other passionated LEGO and LEGO Technic builders. I also took some shots of my unloading station for LEGO Technic trucks. Unfortunately, it didn't work probperly. Nevertheless, I made a video about some MOC which used my unloading station. You can see trucks from: 
01:29 https://www.doctor-brick.de/members/carver0510.380/
02:49 https://www.doctor-brick.de/members/postl87.1830/
03:26 https://www.doctor-brick.de/members/carver0510.380/
03:26 https://www.youtube.com/user/2LegoOrNot2Lego

Cheers FT

Hi, im glad you like the JCB telehandler. It is my moc which I finished recently. That is why you cannt find a video or picture about it. The video will come in one or two month. some picture of building process you can find here: 

https://www.doctor-brick.de/threads/fts-technic-corner.8441/page-4

I will poste also some here.

Cheers FT

On 11/25/2018 at 8:57 PM, I_Igor said:

JCB telehandler is beautiful

I'll wait for it...from link that you posted it is represented in scale 1:15; it is somehow familiar scale...?

https://bricksafe.com/pages/igor.ipsa/trucks/mercedes-benz/1to15unimogu423 )

Currently I work in few projects and one is JCB Loadall 560-80 in scale 1:15 based on 94.3 X 38 tires (Unimog U400 tires) like Bean Loader, which is familiar to you :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

On 11/28/2018 at 2:54 PM, I_Igor said:

I'll wait for it...from link that you posted it is represented in scale 1:15; it is somehow familiar scale...

it is in scale of 1:16.5. the scale is defined by the custom tires. I think it is not possible to make it smaller with all the functions. I think 1:15 is better to moc this model

On 11/28/2018 at 2:54 PM, I_Igor said:

Currently I work in few projects and one is JCB Loadall 560-80 in scale 1:15 based on 94.3 X 38 tires

Interesting project. Looking foreward to it. I think 1:15 is a good scale for this model. 1:16.5 was really on the limit.

Cheers FT

3 hours ago, functionalTechnic said:

it is in scale of 1:16.5. the scale is defined by the custom tires. I think it is not possible to make it smaller with all the functions. I think 1:15 is better to moc this model

Interesting project. Looking foreward to it. I think 1:15 is a good scale for this model. 1:16.5 was really on the limit.

Cheers FT

the reason that I work on scale 1:15 is that I want to make JCB Fastrac 4220 (on which I struggle on steering) with LEGO CLAAS tires which are 107 mm big. since real Fastrac biggest tires (official) are 600/70R30 - 1602mm it gives scale 1:15 and I wanted all my mocs to be in same scale; it is a bit wired to have small truck and tractor, and big car or telehandler on the other side...

Regards Simon

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

the reason that I work on scale 1:15 is that I want to make JCB Fastrac 4220 (on which I struggle on steering) with LEGO CLAAS tires which are 107 mm big. since real Fastrac biggest tires (official) are 600/70R30 - 1602mm it gives scale 1:15 and I wanted all my mocs to be in same scale; it is a bit wired to have small truck and tractor, and big car or telehandler on the other side...

This sounds reasonable. Looking forward to your MOCS

Cheers Simon

7 minutes ago, functionalTechnic said:

This sounds reasonable. Looking forward to your MOCS

Cheers Simon

Thanks...I'll probably skip multiple steering modes and implement 4 wheel steering on Fastrac because with 3 way steering it is not what real one has (it has 5 steering modes) and there is no place for suspension ? 

(At least after 4-5 hours of playing with it I could not make narrow enough, low enough, suspended and with multiple steering modes)

On the other hand on telehandler I can implement 3 way steering exactly like one on Xerion.

Here you can see what I have done so far...

Regards

On 11/30/2018 at 10:15 PM, I_Igor said:

Here you can see what I have done so far...

I like your Unimog because I like small Technic models. How is it performing? But the scale of the Unimog is smaller than 1:15 right?

55 minutes ago, functionalTechnic said:

I like your Unimog because I like small Technic models. How is it performing? But the scale of the Unimog is smaller than 1:15 right?

It is 1:15, 68.8 tires have tire 62.4 inside to gain overall diameter 71mm to represent  tire 386/65R22.5 (overall diameter 1066mm) in 1:15 scale. I can not make it more narrow if I will stiffness in axles. When I put gear and rack steering in steers very smooth and it is relatively light model despite detailed cab. On Fastrac there will be same type of steering (made it last weekend but due to empty battery could not take photos...) because Xerion type of steering is to wobbly on suspended axles and compressed suspension results in unplanned steering...so 3 wat steering will be in telehandler and on backhoe (if I'll manage to buy additional parts). Two main functions (front and rear PTO) work simple and efficient :sweet:

Hi everyone

Before the year 2019 starts here a short video about my compact version of an auto valve. I used the principle of the auto valve from Sariel and Nico71 but change it so that it fitted into my pneumatic version of the MACH Anthem. The advantage of this valve is the aligned pneumatic pump along the valve. Like this the whole unit needs less space. Like that it was possible to fit 4 auto valves into the MACK Anthem trailer and one into the tractor for the control the fifth wheel. 

I wish a happy new year to everybody.

Cheers FT

Nice video. Thank you for new year wishes and I return those wishes to sender and forward them to whole EB community

Great autovalve, I think that with the new pneumatic switch could be even stronger, I am going to look closer this version maybe I can use it to gain space. Happy year too of course.

21 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Great autovalve, I think that with the new pneumatic switch could be even stronger, I am going to look closer this version maybe I can use it to gain space. Happy year too of course.

Thanks. I was also thinking about the new valve but could not find a solution. The issue is that the lever of the new valve is longer than the one of the old valve. Due to this it is not working to switch the valve with the 2 studs liftarms. But I'm looking forward to solutions with the new valve.