Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

MRCA deadline Feb 25 - and new "Black Flag" rule

The sign-up deadline for the next Adventure MRCA and Trade MRCA is February 25, midnight, anywhere in the world.

----------------

Players can sign up for both the Adventure MRCA and the Trade MRCA, but individual ships can only participate in one or the other, not both simultaneously.

To sign-up for the Adventure MRCA, read the rules here and then sign-up via this form.

To sign-up for the Trade MRCA, read the rules here and then sign-up via this form.

For a ship to take part in either MRCA, it must be licensed. You can license your ship under the new ship rules via this form.

----------------

NEW RULES:

Raise the BLACK FLAG!

When a player submits his/her MRCA orders and wishes to go "all pirate," but not have it reflect on the faction, he/she can choose a new "black flag" option on the ship's MRCA order. All ships listed on that order will then, rather than be considered Sea Rats (or whatever faction the player is from), be considered “black flag” pirates. Once a ship has been registered as a “black flag” pirate AND committed an act of piracy, it retains its “black flag” status until some external event (capture, trial, pardon, etc.) wipes its slate clean. A player won't be committed to being a pirate going forward, but each black flag ship will be.

Note that this requires players to follow the honor system and continue to check the “black flag” option for the ship in subsequent MRCAs (until we have a way to track it automatically). The MRCA forms will also have a “black flag” targeting option for players wishing to hunt pirates. Note that black flag pirates will be distinct from independent pirates.

Also note that the MRCA forms have not been updated yet, so if you plan on raising the black flag on a ship this month, wait for us to update the forms before you submit your orders use the ship license form.

Repairing your ship

You have probably noticed the "damaged" results in the MRCA results the last few months. To this point, it has had no effect on the game. Starting this month, damaged ships will incur higher upkeep costs the month they are damaged. There is no need for players to do anything, just know that your maintenance costs will reflect the cost of repairing the damage. FYI.

----------------

Help Wanted: Players who have some time the two weeks after the MRCA are asked to help out with the AMRCA. The Adventure MRCA requires some GMing, and the more help we have, the quicker we can turn things around and keep the MRCAs on a monthly schedule. Contact @Bregir or @Legostone if you're interested in helping out.

----------------

Consult this map for trade zone numbers before submitting any forms:

38033143946_0f0207d485_o.png

And here are the trade values as of February 6, 618. When filling out your MRCA form, please make sure you spell the ports exactly as they appear below.

Settlement

Faction

Zone

Trade
Value

Acropolis

OL

Aden

CAR

Alexport

PRI

Arlinsport

COR

Astrapi

OL

Balmin

NAM

Bardo

ESL

Baskers Island

MAR

Bastion

SR

Belson

COR

Breshaun

OL

Calisto

MAR

Camp Isaac

COR

Cecropia

OL

Charlatan Bay

SR

Dortanis

MAR

Dragonstone

OL

Elizabethville

COR

Eltina

OL

Elysabethtown

ESL

Fatu Hiva

OL

Fortaleza Victoria

ESL

Freeport

GAR

Fuerte Unido

ESL

Granoleon

OL

Haven

SR

Hojaroja

ESL

Hussar’s Isle

COR

Jameston

COR

Kieg

GAR

King’s Harbour

COR

Kings Port

TER

La Puebloto

ESL

Lavalette

OL

Leopaldis

GAR

Londa

MAR

Mehit

ESL

Mesabi Landing

COR

Montario

ESL

Mooreton Bay

COR

Moray’s Den

SR

Myzectlan

COR

New Haven

COR

Nova Malto

ESL

Nova Terreli

ESL

Pontelli

ESL

Poorvintia

CAR

Port Raleigh

COR

Port Wilks

ESL

Port Woodhouse

COR

Prinport

GAR

Puerto Alijo

ESL

Puerto Desafio

ESL

Quinnsville

COR

Rassilon

SR

Salida Este

ESL

Stedor

ESL

Stormhaven

COR

Takashii

SR

Terreli

ESL

Tortuga

SR

Trador

ESL

Ulric

ALT

Weelond

ESL

Westface

TER

Windfall Island

OL

Yeldo

COR

16 minutes ago, SpaceJoey86 said:

What does Gming involve/stand for?

Game Mastering, i.e., someone has to decide where the story goes as a result of the build, and what options the adventuring player will face next.

17 minutes ago, SpaceJoey86 said:

Also the Black Flag sounds great

I'm very hopeful this will add a lot of intrigue to the game.

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Game Mastering, i.e., someone has to decide where the story goes as a result of the build, and what options the adventuring player will face next.

That sounds beyond me.

Also do you have the MRCA results as excel/google sheets?

Love the black flag idea! :pir-grin:  I feel like building a good ol' fashioned pirate ship now...

About the Black Flag:

Do you have to licence the vessel yourself? What about revenues?

Is your black Flag captain PC or NPC?

Just now, Maxim I said:

About the Black Flag:

Do you have to licence the vessel yourself? What about revenues?

Is your black Flag captain PC or NPC?

Yes, the vessel must operate like any other vessel.

It will be connected to your accounts and you will control the ship and its captures. However, there might also be IC consequences, if you can be traced IC to the pirate. (Eg. if you (Eg. Damaximus) start sailing around in ships captured from Corrington by the pirate.)

Mainly, it is meant for the Sea Rats, but if someone else wants to try their hand at pirating, they can do so too, keeping in mind the IC story and possible reactions from other players and factions. OOC knowledge is of course not cause for complaint, but if you can be connected to the pirate IC, you may have problems... :P

Woot!  Love that black flag thingy! :pir-grin:  Expect a barrage of pirates the moment I can get the time to build some! Oh sorry, I didn't just say that.  Eslandolan, right... :grin:

But there is that pirate character of mine I've always wanted to be able to licence a side-ship for, so...  :devil:

5 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Woot!  Love that black flag thingy! :pir-grin:  Expect a barrage of pirates the moment I can get the time to build some! Oh sorry, I didn't just say that.  Eslandolan, right... :grin:

But there is that pirate character of mine I've always wanted to be able to licence a side-ship for, so...  :devil:

I still got a class 7 unlicenced (the AQAR) :laugh: Maybe I'll try this just for the fun of it :sweet:

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

I still got a class 7 unlicenced (the AQAR) :laugh: Maybe I'll try this just for the fun of it :sweet:

The story of the AQAR tells us that it was captured by Damaximus, so if it suddenly starts pirating, he may have some explanations to make... :pir-grin:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

wow !! I really like this "black flag" option !! ... and all the consequences :devil: I think the followings MRCAs will be very interesting

EDIT : I just fill a MRCA form for one of my ship, and I saw no "black flag" option... not a problem for me as the ship is on a trade duty but, I wanted to draw that too attention

Edited by Professor Thaum

15 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

EDIT : I just fill a MRCA form for one of my ship, and I saw no "black flag" option... not a prolem for me as the ship is on a trade duty but, I wanted to draw that too attention

17 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Also note that the MRCA forms have not been updated yet, so if you plan on raising the black flag on a ship this month, wait for us to update the forms before you submit your orders.

;)

10 minutes ago, SpaceJoey86 said:

Can you submit multiple forms for multiple ships?

Yes. You need to submit an order form for each ship that will participate in the MRCA. Five ships sailing five different routes require submitting five forms.

If you are grouping some or all of your ships into a fleet/convoy, however, then only one form needs to be submitted for the group of ships in the fleet/convoy.

On 2/6/2018 at 6:40 PM, Capt Wolf said:

NEW RULES:

Raise the BLACK FLAG!

When a player submits his/her MRCA orders and wishes to go "all pirate," but not have it reflect on the faction, he/she can choose a new "black flag" option on the ship's MRCA order. All ships listed on that order will then, rather than be considered Sea Rats (or whatever faction the player is from), be considered “black flag” pirates. Once a ship has been registered as a “black flag” pirate AND committed an act of piracy, it retains its “black flag” status until some external event (capture, trial, pardon, etc.) wipes its slate clean. A player won't be committed to being a pirate going forward, but each black flag ship will be.

Note that this requires players to follow the honor system and continue to check the “black flag” option for the ship in subsequent MRCAs (until we have a way to track it automatically). The MRCA forms will also have a “black flag” targeting option for players wishing to hunt pirates. Note that black flag pirates will be distinct from independent pirates.

Also note that the MRCA forms have not been updated yet, so if you plan on raising the black flag on a ship this month, wait for us to update the forms before you submit your orders.

Repairing your ship

You have probably noticed the "damaged" results in the MRCA results the last few months. To this point, it has had no effect on the game. Starting this month, damaged ships will incur higher upkeep costs the month they are damaged. There is no need for players to do anything, just know that your maintenance costs will reflect the cost of repairing the damage. FYI.

Hurray for those new rules! Love them! (Nice map btw :wink: ). i wish I had time to GM a bit though...

So, after a bit too much waiting (sorry! we redesigned some stuff behind the google docs) we have finally set up a way to change the Black Flag status of your vessels.

All in all its a simple addition to the ship license form. After licensing your vessel, just open the form again and pick "Change Black Flag status of your vessel"

25448602927_825e95532d_z.jpg

Once you have done that, you get to another page, where you enter your information so we can accurately set the status. 

39422107415_d85262de85_z.jpg

There is, as of now, only the option to raise the flag - that isn't a mistake, as lowering either goes through a) losing the ship or b) through Leadership (this will most likely require a MOC, depending on the case). The Black Flag status is secret, but if you forgot if you set it already feel free to send a PM to me or @Phred. You also don't break anything if you set it twice :pir-wink:

Here is the form.

IMPORTANT: Note that ships sailing in a convoy with a black flag ship will be treated as black flag ships. Don't mix black flag ships in with a trade convoy; the whole trade convoy will be treated as black flag pirates as a result.

23 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

@Bregir @Legostone

While my own AMCRA will "rest" for this month, I would like to help with the GMing for the upcoming game turn.

Super!

Any other volunteers?