Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR/OL FB] Commissioning HMS Resolute

A collaboration between @Bodi and @Ayrlego

The concerning rise in piracy in the Brick seas in the last months has left many concerned. One of those was Colonel Dirk Allcock, Governor of the Paradise Isles in the East Prio Sea. With the Royal Navy concentrating on the conflict in the adaptly named Sea of Thieves, he is concerned that the East Prio sea is vulnerable. As naval matters are not his area of expertise, Colonel Allcock has consulted with his cousin in the Royal Navy, Commander Matthew Allcock and both are decided that along with the Gunboats for the Colonies scheme, the Paradise Isles should have some medium sized warships available for defence. As Governor, Colonel Allcock is willing to finance the purchase of a vessel for the Royal Navy to fulfil this purpose.

However, the few Corlander shipyards in the New World are currently working at full capacity and were unable to accept a new contract for some time. An alternative solution was required.

Oleon have always been well known for the high-quality vessels their shipyards produce, so the Allcocks mused, would their nations one-time bitter rival accept a contract for a vessel? It was rumoured that the Royal Shipyards at Eltina were open for contracts, so Commander Allcock was dispatched to Eltina to find out if a deal could be struck.

Around the same time, Rear-Admiral Fletcher of the Royal Navy Terran Novan Fleet came to the same conclusion regarding the need for medium sized vessels in the colonies and subsequently launched the Sloops for the Royal Navy Scheme. As the vessel envisioned by the Allcocks matched his requirements for this scheme, it was decided to integrate the potential new vessel into this program.

26161404268_7e5d0d6564_z.jpg

Royal Shipyard Office by Ayrlego

Commander Allcock had never travelled to Oleon territory before and it felt strange to be on the streets of Eltina - a pair of the (for a Corlander) notorious Oleon grenadiers marched past in their bearskin hats. Grey and white robed priests were common on the streets. Commander Allcock paused outside the offices of the Royal Shipyard before entering. Although he wasn't hiding the fact he was a Corlander Officer, he had decided not to wear his uniform in Eltina, in deference to his hosts.

The negotiations were surprisingly swift. In the spirit of the newly forming cooperation between once bitter rivals, the Eltina shipyards were very happy to accept an order for a Brig of War from the Allcocks. However, it was decided that for diplomatic reasons, the ship would be sold un-armed. The complement of Cannons would be supplied and mounted once the vessel reached its destination in Port Woodhouse. Commander Allcock left his factor in Eltina, to oversee the construction and returned to Port Woodhouse successful.

15178201466_DISPLAY.jpg

Royal Shipyard office by Bodi

With speed and efficiency which would impress even the Dee Shipyards of Corrington, soon the completed design was finished and launched, and a Corlander crew accepted delivery of the ship. Unarmed, the ship unter took it's maiden voyage to Port Woodhouse.

HMS Resolute, unarmed by Bodi

15178201441_DISPLAY.jpg

Spoiler

15178201442_DISPLAY.jpg

15178201453_DISPLAY.jpg

15178201465_DISPLAY.jpg

And soon after conducted a shake-down cruise, now armed with 14 cannons.

HMS Resolute armed and with sails by Bodi

15179073421_DISPLAY.jpg

15179073422_DISPLAY.jpg

15179073433_DISPLAY.jpg

15179073434_DISPLAY.jpg

15179073445_DISPLAY.jpg

----

Thanks for viewing our collaboration and a huge thanks to Bodi for his awesome ship - all credit for which should be directed to him!

My office scene is a gift to the good people of Eltina (represented by Bodi), who may license it as a small commerce however they deem fit. For a challenge, Bodi decided to replicate it, I believe both should be able to be licensed as they are different builds.

The vessel itself will be licensed by Corrington as a Class 4 and donated by Allcock to the new Sloops for the Royal Navy scheme, which was somewhat conveniently launched just before we were ready to publish this collab!

Love how that first build there pops, Ayrlego! - excellent choice of colors and textures, I'll have to try out that interspersed stud wall texture sometime as it works really well here.  That's a nice recreation of the build by Bodi too - and I'm glad to see that he doesn't have as many broken tiles as you do! :tongue: :laugh:  I must admit that they really do make your roofs stand out (in a good way, that is!) when you include them, though!

That ship is really great too - awesome work with the colors, shaping, rigging, and sails; just about everything, that is!  I also particularly happen to like the fact that you (Bodi, I mean :grin:) managed to get a ship's boat in there, which is not very easy with the very limited space on a LEGO ship! :thumbup: 

The ship is beautiful @Bodi I'm working actually on this kind of ship, much bigger... but I have still to work to reach this level of "shipness" (?? :grin: )

The two royal shipyard offices are beautiful and look almost the same except for some jumper/technic parts

that's a :thumbup: for me !

The ship turned out quite good there's alot of little details to appreciate ... Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of just your cannons.

The offices are really quite similar ... The changing colors of the leaves made me chuckle.  

Good job all round for both of you

I sooo love these inter-faction collaborations! Both "landlubber" buildings are great and the ship is really well made and of high quality as usual. I had seen Ayrlego's photo on flickr some time ago and I was curious as to why a Corry is using bluecoats in one of his builds :tongue:

Also, great use of the "era appropriate" top hats on the crew. :thumbup:

Great writing Ayrlego. Your office build is really great and I've had a fun time duplicating it, and most importantly, it's fine example of land property that I plan to use as a reference for my future land builds, though I'm not very sure how you've made the roof.:grin: 

10 hours ago, Garmadon said:

he doesn't have as many broken tiles as you do!

Hum, maybe not as many as Ayrlego has but I can still broke some right now.:tongue: 

10 hours ago, Garmadon said:

That ship is really great too - awesome work with the colors, shaping, rigging, and sails; just about everything, that is!  I also particularly happen to like the fact that you (Bodi, I mean :grin:) managed to get a ship's boat in there, which is not very easy with the very limited space on a LEGO ship! :thumbup: 

Glad you like it, Garm. In fact the rigging still need some improvement, I'm afraid I've choiced the wrong thread, those yellow threads I mean, I got them from a modelship seller and it's supposed to be specially designed for model ships but they were too rigid, it was practically impossible to tight them correctly.

@Professor Thaum Thank you for your comments, Professor, they mean a lot to me.

9 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of just your cannons.

Well, they are just stud shooters with a monocular, nothing fancy.:grin:

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

I sooo love these inter-faction collaborations! Both "landlubber" buildings are great and the ship is really well made and of high quality as usual. I had seen Ayrlego's photo on flickr some time ago and I was curious as to why a Corry is using bluecoats in one of his builds :tongue:

Also, great use of the "era appropriate" top hats on the crew. :thumbup:

Thank you BD, glad you like the collab! 

Nice little build! I especially like the grenadiers and the use of the broken pieces for the roof. It gives it a unique texture.

Wow, sorry I missed this one earlier. I love the collab and the two different builds of the office. Excellent work there. As for the ship, and excellent little brig of war. Nice job with the SNOT and tiled decks. Well done! :thumbup: