kc2dc

Airport terminal and monorail station

So here is my latest airport terminal.  It's a custom modular.  While it's custom, there are some obvious takes from the lego city airport set 7894, but not many.  The inside is a full functioning terminal with a security check point, help desk, restrooms, gate area, bag check and bag claim, a lego store, a lounge and dining area and a observation area.  It has its own monorail station which also has a bus stop and bike share station.  I'm still working on rebuilding the jetways.

Looks really good. I love it. 

If I were building this though, I'd be inclined to extend each side by another 16 studs, possibly even 32 (probably 20 ish, enough so you get four pairs of windows), mainly to make the outside of the building look in proportion (I think of Airport terminals as long and low, this looks more the proportions of a train station) - the interior details could just be repeated (eg two baggage carousels). Even so, awesome build.

I really like it! From an artistic standpoint it is on point. From a realism standpoint the only thing missing is a covered walkway from the transit station to the terminal, the downside to the covered walkway is that it could hide some of the details for which you worked so hard.

Good luck with your continuing efforts.

Andy D

Yea, I thought about that after building it.  It looks like a train station. It wouldn't take too much to make it a bit wider.

A Great ideas.  I may looking adding some sort of cover on the walkway that is not too intrusive or overpowering.  Just some angled glass panels would look nice.  I think I will try that!

I'm not understanding how the quotes work on this forum lol

The tarmac will be as much room as I can fit behind the terminal.  It won't much.  It's amazing how much space this airport is requiring.  Even with this much space, I almost need to take out the military base part for more general airport space.

Edited by kc2dc