Sign in to follow this  
Ankoku

Bricks & Pieces Stock.

The service is back in action, but sadly the stock on some most wanted items is not.

Does anyone have any experience in regards to their restocking practices? Do they only restock items which are included in currently being made sets? (I know B&Ps supports pieces of sets from the last 5 years.)

As an example, I want to get the front tyres from the Batmobile: The Tumber (76023) which is also present on the dragster (42050) and sadly still not a part of any 2018 set for either H1 or H2.

They are on B&Ps, but they are sold out. They were sold out before Christmas when it closed and after when it reopened.

Are they ever going to come back in stock? Or will they only return once they start producing them again for some new set?

Bricks and pieces can be a bit hit-and-miss.  They do not sell "licensed" parts, and even if a licensed part was later used in a non-licensed context it might not be available.  For example, 21310 Ideas Fishing Store contains a seagull from the collectible minifigure line, it's listed as "out of stock" but I have never seen it in stock.  The same set has a Lobster that first appeared in a Lego Batman Movie set, and as such is licensed so it is not even listed for sale.  On the other hand, the printed elements from the Ideas Saturn V have been out of stock since the sets released are only now listed for sale.

I think those particular wheels were in stock at bricks and pieces, but several months ago.  Unfortunately, the dragster (42050) is now an "old" set, having appeared in 2016, so I guess Lego have made the last batch of sets and sold off the excess tyres on Bricks and Pieces.  The tyres were used for the Tumbler and the very highly sought after bat-pod... so I would go on the assumption that these parts are gone for good, unless Lego releases another set that uses them.

Bricklink currently lists the tyres for 8-10USD each, so depending where you are in the world it might be better/easier to order this way. Also, you can often get Lego parts cheaper via bricklink :classic:

Nah, $8-10 for a tyre is just dumb.

If LEGO doesn't make more sets using those tyres, they are idiots, as everyone wants them. I never bothered with the dragster, as it only had 2 of them. If the set had had 4, I would have bought multiple.

It is the same issue with LEGO balls for the GBC community. Considering that GBC machines are at every LEGO event, it amazes me how difficult they make it just to get balls to use.

I'm fairly sure that when LEGO did sell them through B+P, they were about $10 US each. And lots of people bought them as they wanted to build the bat-pod.

I also don't think "everyone" wants them, maybe a number of AFOLs, but many kids get by with the multitude of other tyres and wheels available.

I did try the search, but those two particular words are not easy to find relevant searches for, even with the advanced search.

Throughout my childhood and as an adult, I have always been about the tyres. Especially monster truck style tyres. Those too were in high demand.

Thanks for the link!

On 06/02/2018 at 10:19 AM, MAB said:

I'm fairly sure that when LEGO did sell them through B+P, they were about $10 US each.

Yes, from what I remember they were around that price (maybe the combination of wheel+tire, though).

It is normal that some parts are more expensive than others: a big tire like that and the wheel containing some quantity of ABS is sold for much more than a simple small brick.

Comparing the weight, the tire is maybe at the same cost than a small plate ;)

2 hours ago, antp said:

Yes, from what I remember they were around that price (maybe the combination of wheel+tire, though).

It is normal that some parts are more expensive than others: a big tire like that and the wheel containing some quantity of ABS is sold for much more than a simple small brick.

Comparing the weight, the tire is maybe at the same cost than a small plate ;)

There is more to it than weight. Identical parts in different colours can vary wildly in price.

From Lego's PaB/B&P ?

Usually it is somewhat related to the part size/complexity, but maybe the price also reflects the amount they have in stock: some colors may be in larger stock, then cheaper because they do not risk to have to re-produce it soon, or made in different factories depending on the color, then also having a different underlying cost.

Edited by antp

13 minutes ago, antp said:

From Lego's PaB/B&P ?

Usually it is somewhat related to the part size/complexity, but maybe the price also reflects the amount they have in stock: some colors may be in larger stock, then cheaper because they do not risk to have to re-produce it soon, or made in different factories depending on the color, then also having a different underlying cost.

I've noticed the variance in price on the same piece but in different colors is almost always related to how new a color is. If the color just came out, Lego charges more for it because they know it's in higher demand. After that color has been out for a year and most people have acquired it through buying sets, they lower the price to a more standard price structure for the piece.