Good Day!

Since first seeing Technic figures in a catalog back in 2005, I really wondered whether there was a female version as well. Unfortunately , as we know , there are none.
This problem is solve-able either modifying an original lego part (which will decrease the number of those in existance) or making your own. As a purist almost , I would choose the second version.

I was surprised that no one has done this before (there is a broken link to a japanese website where someone done that in 2000's, but no pictures to be found anywhere), I took my free time to make a quick mock-up. 
First step was to get the torso and head into my 3D program - Autodesk 123D - from LDraw. That was done using LDView (place part in x=0, y=0, z=0 and export the file containing it through LDView as an .stl). Next was the chest, which was done using a few spheres, lofted surfaces and tubes (I tried not to exagerrate the size too much, just for it to be slightly notice-able). Luckily there were mannequin's side & top-down shots for inspiration. Next I exported this hair piece and scaled it up to approximate size & placement.

Please note that I'm a noob at 3D modelling, and my "art side" is non-existent (for me it would be easier to draw a mechanical piece as a blueprint rather than a human being), so I would love to hear any suggestions and ideas. I do eventually plan to upload the finished model to Shapeways, but I can send it via e-mail. 

Question: Do you think the "reduced"? waist (as the one printed on minifigs) is necessary?

female_torso_head.pngfemale_technic_torso_3.pngfemale_technic_torso_2.png

:classic:

Edited by Xewyz2001

2 hours ago, Markurius said:

Of course we need ladyfigures, males can´t reproduce themselves and that was the reason technic figures died out...or? :wink:

This :thumbup:

No need to worry. Just use Belville figures. They have better proportions and the same (a liittle bit larger) size. You have 3 sizes: adult male, adult female, teen girl.

Hey, bro, just buy one of us:wub:

dcSgRkjl55g.jpg

On 2/6/2018 at 7:31 AM, rm8 said:

No need to worry. Just use Belville figures. They have better proportions and the same (a liittle bit larger) size. You have 3 sizes: adult male, adult female, teen girl.

Hey, bro, just buy one of us:wub:

dcSgRkjl55g.jpg

Can't you just put a belville head on a Technic figure? I'm pretty sure I have seen it done before...

3 hours ago, BrickThumb said:

Can't you just put a belville head on a Technic figure? I'm pretty sure I have seen it done before...

yes! That's possible. But there is a ball joint for head, and old plastic is very fragile, so I have a crack on one technic body after removing head

Edited by rm8

On 5.2.2018 at 12:52 PM, Markurius said:

Of course we need ladyfigures, males can´t reproduce themselves and that was the reason technic figures died out...or? :wink:

Sounds convincing :) (made my day)