Function over form rules!

(In a good way)

Edited by Aventador2004

Very good! 

I really like smaller things with functionality.

Does outriggers extend at the same angle? I'm also struggling now with outrigger for my tow truck, and tryed something similar, but outrigers extended at different angles (because of different initial angles for gears, when two are put together)

Very nice! Really like the red+black color scheme (rather than the usual yellow), the front cabin does blend into the wheels a bit, but other than that, it's great!

14 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Very nice model! This is Technic the way I like it :thumbup:

I agree, it's small, with lot's of functions, yet it still looks just as good.

7 hours ago, Jurss said:

Very good! 

Does outriggers extend at the same angle? I'm also struggling now with outrigger for my tow truck, and tryed something similar, but outrigers extended at different angles (because of different initial angles for gears, when two are put together)

It does go down same angle, he seems to use worm gears.

This is in fact what I believe a technic model should be, packing functions you didn't think it would at its size.

Edited by zweihander
grammar

I put one gear at one worm gear and two gears after second worm gear (both worm gears on same axle), then angles are different.

Maybe, if gears are between both wormgears (as in this moc), it is possible to align, it seems so. Have to try.

HOF material.

Seriously.

I admire when people build something super clever, super cool and thought-through-and-through in small scale or limited part counts. It is not always (for me) about building huge and wonderful with unlimited resources. This is the pinnacle of Technic building.

This is better than most of the official sets of this size.

HOF.

I second @J_C 's lines, these were my exact thoughts too immediately. It is a true Technic model.

Wow! awesome little crane, one of the best I have seen! This is what Lego needs to make, a true Technic set. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Only critique I have would be to extend the front by one stud for aesthetic reasons, to be able to add a bumper and close the gaps. 

16 hours ago, Jurss said:

Very good! 

I think it's same; but even if not, the whole crane weight might compensate this issue.

4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Wow! awesome little crane, one of the best I have seen! This is what Lego needs to make, a true Technic set. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Only critique I have would be to extend the front by one stud for aesthetic reasons, to be able to add a bumper and close the gaps. 

Yeah, the wheels stick out, like in mining trucks. :classic: Adding length on 1 stud doesn't solve the problem, as wheels would touch the cab anyway.

Great! It has the all features that would have 8067 (a yellow Mobile Crane in the same scale). The only thing I'd add - to move the crane arm length control gear to the back side of the whole superstructure, just fir a better playability (all HOGs together).

Great job! I've always felt that low-end Lego Technic sets look like they were put together in seconds (like the 42084), and this shows you can do so much more even at small scales.