Marishka

Elves minidolls conversions

Hello! 

I had enough minidoll doubles, and I there's not much citizens in my elven kingdom. Sets present some locations, but when main heroes go out, that places look abandoned. So I made some new characters to fix that :)

Here's from left to right:

Kauri, elf of air. He is happy owner of Farran's precious head and huge violet dreads :) He is crew of airship and Skyra's assistant.

Rina, wood elf in armor. I think she is warrior of  forest and goblins make her very angry. She constantly keeps her eyes for Treetop Hideaway.

Limi, wood elf. Just a peace inhabitant in village with Secret Marketplace :) May be she is a gardener or works in fruit shop :)

Flaria, fire elf and powerful magician, lives in the village. At first I wanted to make a male elf, but male head looks not good with Aira's hair.

849b595c98791041f23c367ec2f02aae.jpg

Other views:

6ed361aef3f12f60a5756c0a9df11a95.jpg

96be569457e86bc739de730c1c0fa58e.jpg

I added some details with milliput, it's very handy for such work, it don't need baking for hardening. For painting I use Citadel colors.

6ca1a661f589002e3823c935f332d2f1.jpg

345bf86208546d4db6a58dd6b6cf0a69.jpg

3f7802aa444c1b185db41af32de3b5f7.jpg

ac7e6eefc2ebbcb6807f58ff7718d62f.jpg

f0aed3f3f88f5bcc67c4bcc8e3a1e6df.jpg

Feel free to share this images anywhere :)

P.S. I don't sure if I post it in right place of the forum :( But all discussions about Elves are here so I decided to do this way.

Edited by Marishka

Nifty! What sort of paints did you use? I bought a big bag of mini-dolls at the last convention I went to with the intent of customizing them, but don't really know where to start...

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Nifty! What sort of paints did you use? I bought a big bag of mini-dolls at the last convention I went to with the intent of customizing them, but don't really know where to start...

It's acryl paints for miniature and modelling. It's not very durable, but enough for not being removed by a touch or water, and it applies nicely on plastic. I use Citadel from Games Workshop (before returning back to Lego I gatrhered small Warhammer and Anima Tactics collection) and cheap tiny chinese brushes from Aliexpress. Tomorrow I may do little guide with photos. Also I use nailcleaner with acetone to wash some facial paint.

Beautiful! The only customization I've done is to paint the underside of Nadia's hair to match the dark gradient, but I would love to make more Elves as you have done. Hope to see more!

If the Elves series ends after 2018, I may need to borrow your idea and invent new Elves of my own! I'm starting to amass a collection of Naida and Azari...

Edited by MandyNeko

I need these to become real (retail) so I can get my hands on them.

I also have an army of Azaris, Farrans, and Naidas, with a growing sub-faction of Airas. I'm not sure modelling and painting is a solution for these for me, though.

On 7/19/2018 at 5:57 PM, Noctura_Bat said:

J'adore! J'ai essayé mais j'ai obtenu n'importe quoi...

PS: Comment on met le site en fançais?

Pardonnez-moi, but I know only English and Russian :(

@Noctura_Bat welcome to Eurobricks, but this is indeed an English-spoken site so post in English, you could use Google translate of course. Everyone speaks English here to the best of their knowledge, if your English isn't perfect that is no problem, but at least try your best.

@Marishka I think Noctura_Bat likes your creation and wants to have one no matter what ;).

Have you considered making any mermaids? I'd been hoping to see them appear in sets after their appearance in Secrets of Elvendale last year, but considering that doesn't seem to be happening, I've been hoping to try my hand at customizing some.

I love the character designs.    With parts sharing between Disney Princess and Friends, DC Superhero Girls, Lord of the Rings, Disney Minifigures etc.... We have so much choice for inventing new  Elves characters!

lHONQUC.jpg

UqmUrzB.jpg

FqCQECZ.jpg

Htr3Vvz.jpg

Edited by Killian

I've certainly made some customs for my Elves layout . .  though it'll probably become more general fantasy soon . . . still, though!

WOW! I just noticed I've got cool badge "Customizer"! Thank's, it's pretty surpsise ^_____^

On 7/29/2018 at 4:54 PM, JopieK said:

@Noctura_Bat welcome to Eurobricks, but this is indeed an English-spoken site so post in English, you could use Google translate of course. Everyone speaks English here to the best of their knowledge, if your English isn't perfect that is no problem, but at least try your best.

@Marishka I think Noctura_Bat likes your creation and wants to have one no matter what ;).

Thank you for translation! :)

On 8/1/2018 at 1:33 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Have you created any more? These are wonderful customs.

Thank you! :) I think I should buy Friends sets to get more minidolls for that purpose =)

On 8/8/2018 at 11:05 PM, Killian said:

I love the character designs.    With parts sharing between Disney Princess and Friends, DC Superhero Girls, Lord of the Rings, Disney Minifigures etc.... We have so much choice for inventing new  Elves characters!

I like your folks so much! :) There's lot of various combinations and personality. It's great when you have all suitable pieces for customization, but if not... someone have to use hand-made stuff like I do :))

Edited by Marishka