Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[Safe Haven Cat. A 32x32] Stranded Giant Katapujan sea snail

If you were to set sail from the southern coast of Kaliphlin and head to the east, like Sirius and his companions did, you would eventually reach the kingdom of Katapuja. The archipelago of Katapuja is part of a much greater ring-shaped collection of island groups, which has a diameter equivalent to the Nocturnian peninsula. The foundation of this ring is a massive, ancient coral reef, tens of miles broad. The reef is the outline of an almost immeasurably deep bowl in the oceanic plane: the Void Sea. Over the course of time, its inscalable depths allowed creatures to reach otherworldly proportions.

Sometimes, for reasons yet unknown, giant sea snails attempt to leave the Void Sea by crossing the Ringlands, but few ever succeeded. Most of them end up on the beach, dead rotten. 

40076132121_e19e257bf6_z.jpg

"Wow! This one would make a great new home!"

Hi guys! I believe it is still Saturday 3rd of February in the most eastern oceanic parts of the world, so hopefully my entry is still valid! It was a blast, participating in all categories! :sweet:

Edited by Exetrius
grammar

Never thought I would admire a sea snail, but here I am :wink: 

Congratz on entering all categories, by the way!

On 4-2-2018 at 2:49 PM, TitusV said:

Never thought I would admire a sea snail, but here I am :wink: 

Congratz on entering all categories, by the way!

Thanks! 

On 4-2-2018 at 5:37 PM, Faladrin said:

Wow ! I would never imagine a giant sea snail as a shelter for this kind of contest ! Good idea !

Thank you, Faladrin! :classic:

Nice snail, Exetrius! I love all of the spines coming off of it. Despite its size, you managed to create an organic-looking creature, too. I like how the sand goes from dark to light, giving the impression of wet sand down by the water. My one bit of critique involves the tree; instead of keeping each level on the square, it would look better to turn each 1x1 with studs on 4 sides slightly so that they do not all line up. 

21 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice snail, Exetrius! I love all of the spines coming off of it. Despite its size, you managed to create an organic-looking creature, too. I like how the sand goes from dark to light, giving the impression of wet sand down by the water. My one bit of critique involves the tree; instead of keeping each level on the square, it would look better to turn each 1x1 with studs on 4 sides slightly so that they do not all line up. 

Thanks! And I will alter the angles in the tree a bit. :thumbup:

23 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

That is one big sea snail! Neat section of beach to go with it, the palm tree looks very nice :thumbup:

20 hours ago, Gunman said:

Wow that snail is huge :laugh: Great one man, well executed 

Thank you, guys! :classic: