Sign in to follow this  
The Stad

[Safe Haven Cat. C] Pinnothen Sojourners

In the months following the Historican Civil War, strange vessels were seen racing on the winds off the eastern coasts of Nocturnus and Mitgardia.  No one knew their origin, and the folk that piloted them spoke in a strange and antiquated manner, if they ever came close enough to communicate at all.  

26196370668_69267f3bec_c.jpg

26196369548_ac4e9a5edd_c.jpg

25197744077_21edc28f2f_c.jpg

I love the shape of these ships man! :wub: 

My only remark doesn't even concern it: I feel like there's just a bit too much trans-green in the water. Everything else is awesome though!

On 2/4/2018 at 6:43 AM, TitusV said:

I love the shape of these ships man!

Thank you! I got the chance to ride around in a Hawaiian sailing canoe a few months ago and it made me really want to play with the idea of a relatively small, but very seaworthy sailing vessel, and see what I could do to bring in different cultural influences.  Figuring out the long, narrow shape was a ton of fun, and I'm really happy with the result.

As for the green, I didn't give myself enough time to pick those pieces out of my "miscellaneous glass/water surface" parts bag before I took the photos, so here we are.:shrug_confused:

The almost all-white hull looks very elegant and sea-elfish. It seems strange, actually, to see bearded men manning it instead of elves. It would be nice if the sail were a lighter color, like light bley, but of course when using official LEGO sails there is only so much you can do. I do agree with Titus about the green, but if you did not have enough time, well, that's the way it goes! Great work on the shaping of the craft. It is beautiful!

Beautiful sea vessel! As has already been said, the sleek lines of the ship are super well done :thumbup: I like how you used tan for the inside portions as well :classic: