hello all, I just made my account at this wonderful website and wanted to share a few issues with legos..    I just recently started my old hobby of legos again and what a difference legos have grown.  I discovered lego.com and started to order from their web page.. I was surprised when i ordered some ir receiver and lx motor were out of stock and back order which was kind a shocking since ebay have them for sale but a higher price.  I discovered lepin on aliexpress and had all compatible motors at a cheaper price..  On youtube i discovered a few videos that were fair and unbias  and lepin pf parts were more faster, cheaper and better range on the ir devices..  I even order a few sets and legos are a better quality and lepin cant touch legos on a brick level but comes to the pf items it seems lepin are more superior !!!  so  i purchase all pf devices for under 60 usa dollars and can't wait to received them..    I still kept my orders on lego.com so i can do a comparison but some of my items wont be available till after the month of march!!   I can say this, i would of order plus more on lego.com website if they have the availability and some of their models are no longer available (for example the 8068 helicopter) but decool (lepin clone) had an 8068 for 17 usa dollars and i ordered it.. well I got the copter and its good but again lego bricks feel better when they are new and  i love how the new legos feel and decool (lepin) didnt have that .. its a good model and like i said i would order from lego if they had them in stock.. how hard is it for legos to just send me a bag of parts so i can have a helicopter!!!  well have any on this site  can confirm with the generic pf functions are any good..  i just got the ir receiver from decool and it works great using real lego motors and i love the range .. i fear a real ir receiver i order from legos would not perform that well.. i will see after the month of march.. doh!!     

Edited by sirslayer
link

Welcome to Eurobricks. Just a couple of things......

1, It's Lego, not Legos.

2. Lego can't be expected to stock everything eBay does.

3. Lepin are thieving scum who steal designs from Lego and its fans to make money without fully earning it because they themselves don't have the creativity or imagination to create something new.

4. "More faster" is poor grammar.

5. Lepin products are not superior in any way.

6. 8068 has been out of production for a while, you can't expect Lego to keep every set they released for the last 10 years in production.

7. Discussing clone brands is not allowed on this site.

Edited by allanp

I just wanted to express my feelings and i would think most would agree and sorry for my bad grammar!!! the title  Eurobricks united Technics fans around the world was a throw off since i didnt think having bad grammar (slang) (im from USA) would be a issue since this forum is to unit all lego fans around the world ..which i would assume not everyone can speak English unless with a translator.  I feel it s a real serious problems with Lego fans with availability!! I just wanted to share my opinion about a lego product and i dont see how is it a violation to see how is lego pf devices stack up to the clones...  i guess that not allowed?  I guess im on the wrong website ..  united Technics fans around the world is just a front...   I just wanted to chat about lego pf mototrs..  

Alternately you could download the official instructions for free and brinklink the needed parts.

It's also been my experience that people who support bootleg goods, just refuse to see how it is basically outright theft. 

Edited by Johnny1360
Spelling

Brinklink is new to me and i didnt see a brinklink weblink on the lego webpage..  i would assume its lego approved or other wise is it ok to say brinklink on this forum?? going to check lego's webpage again...  

and to Allanp ,grammar can varies according to location..   a quick google shows  Although "faster" is the superlative of "fast", the problem here is that technically, neither is correct. It should be "more quickly", since fast is an adjective and quickly is an adverb. However, "faster" is accepted speech, as people now use adjectives as adverbs in cases like the these... .  but its not about lego's !!! 

Brinklink are a group of private sellers offering nearly every product Lego ever made. Worth checking out for sure and most are quite trustworthy, oftentimes you can buy pieces cheaper than Lego themselves sell it for. Definitely worth checking out. 

Brinklink, ill check it out!!  thank you !!  To share knowledge is important and I can spot a real Lego brick vs a clone from what i purchase!!  It is easy to spot  a clone brick to a real lego brick. Feel is important but if i cant touch it.. well there are other clues... Most lego bricks have numbers stamped on them!!!  if not then ill compare the bricks in question to the clones and i can determined if its real or not .. why that is important ??/  I have bought used Lego's on ebay and only once I have to question if the parts are from a clone that got mixed in with real lego's..  It can happen and most buyers are not aware of it..  Just wanted to share this with any noobs like me!!!   

Please don't take anything I say personally. Im not attacking you. Yes we are Technic fans and as such are fairly united against anything that harms the brand such as clone crap. Competition is fine, but outright stealing is a no no. I am not a mod and don't want to overstep my bounds, but the site guidelines which you agreed to when joining are very clear that you can't talk about bootleg products, so making your first post a topic which discusses bootleg products is not a good idea. It's also a good idea for English speakers, like people from the US such as yourself, to use good grammar precisely to help those people who are not native English speakers get the most out of this site. And yes, I did know you were from the US because you said "Legos" :wink:

I kind a agree with this statement "just refuse to see how it is basically outright theft"...   I agree with that but if lego can't sell me what I want!!!  Ill   go over some where else!!!  and that goes with the same thing on with everything i own!! should i by a Chevy or a Ford, Android or Apple??   Lego may have invented the idea and if they can't keep up the demand because to many people are just buying the sets to keep for later re sale and not building them is straight wrong and selling them for a higher value is a problem..  It shouldn't be that hard for Lego to just gave me a bag of parts to build a 8068 from extra parts they have!!  Bricklink is a answer to that but is it Lego approve since that was thrown at me unexpected about the forum rules..  Ill just have to watch and learn.. I would rather build and share!!! 

thank you Allanp..   I wanted my first posting to be a eye opener!!  it is a serious problem and my post does favor the Lego brand!! Its hard to admit when you do see something related and its wanted to compare since I couldn't find a forum that would allow a discussion..  I guess youtube would be the only site

Edited by sirslayer

I only have two things to add:

• "Uniting Technic Fans" is correct - clones aren't called Technic.
  • Quote from Eurobricks guidelines page: (though I'm not quite sure what best describes lepin...)

Clone and Competitor Brands: A Clone brand or competitor brand, is a product manufactured by a legitimate company. For Example Oxford,Mega Blocks. Kreo or Character Building. These are companies that do not infringe copyrights and provide a competitor product, such as licenses and themes LEGO do not produce. It is fair to discuss, compare and share these brands and their products in the Community section of the Forum. 

Bootlegs, Rip-Offs and Fakes: These manufacturers copy designs and minifigures from LEGO, other companies and even fans, to produce their own infringing products which they then sell, often at knock down prices. There are hundreds of names attached to these products and varied quality between them. We will no longer accept discussion and sharing of these products on Eurobricks. Most of these "brands" are facing legal cases and we have no interest in supporting them by providing a place for their criminal products to be seen.

Edited by mocbuild101

well, my statement "I got the copter and its good but again lego bricks feel better when they are new and  i love how the new legos feel and decool (lepin) didnt have that ." favors the brand Lego. instead of grammar, comprehension should be important.. I would think posting like that should be in a pm message..  I also asked if Bricklink is Lego approved!!?? I know youre trying to help.. and I get it..  if we are ignorant to the problem .. the problem will get worst and I love lego's and I would rather buy it from Lego's if possible..  i can show you my back orders from Lego.com.. I think most can agree to this.. 

i couldn't resist ...  https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8068-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}  and please tell me how the first set that says that some part (wheel)  are not the original can be Lego approved??  

17 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

I also asked if Bricklink is Lego approved!!??

No, I don't think so, but it doesn't really need to be - fan approval is enough.

Edited by mocbuild101

Well if Bricklink is ok and not specifically in the rules and lepin is not mention..   but it is a  clone.. what differs between Bricklink and Lepin??  if the 8068 from lepin is a clone well then the first set for the 8068 Bricklink for sell with the different wheel would be a clone of the 8068..  like i said , i think that sellers are mixing parts with (clones) with legos.. i had it happen on ebay.. googling Bricklink does have the same issues compared to ebay but that's what you get when you buys used lego's..  That is what my point is.. availability of old and new items from lego.com.  as a buyer its a big problem to the lego community  

Well in that link, the first chopper clearly states and even shows a picture, "not original rotor piece". That just means it's not the one that came with the set "originally". It is still official Lego. As far as Brinklink being approved by Lego, it matters not, the sets and pieces are in fact %99.9 official Lego. So I'm not quite sure I understand your dilemma, if someone buys Lego and then chooses to sell same said Lego, why should it matter if TLG approves? 

And just to be clear, Lepin is not a clone brand. They are a bootleg ripoff company, they steal designs from Lego and even MOCers. Therefore discussion is forbidden as per site guidelines, that you agreed to abide by when you signed up. 

Edited by Johnny1360
Added some stuff

i fear a real ir receiver i order from legos would not perform that well.. i will see after the month of march.. doh!!     after watching the video..   and soon ill do a compare and i can't post the result here .. Then i wo'nt..  you ever wonder why the USA is the only country that have landed a man on the moon?? we don't ignore competition!!  ill still give a thumbs up to the soviet union for trying!!!   If the clones can do it better ,  then its time for Lego to do better!!   they have the resources, no excuses .  ill shut up..   its off topic 

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

It's also been my experience that people who support bootleg goods, just refuse to see how it is basically outright theft. 

Again

The difference between Bricklink and Lepin is that parts sold on Bricklink are genuine Lego.  The Lego Group (TLG) got paid for their design work and manufacturing expenses when the parts were first purchased.  Lepin steals that intellectual property.  It uses the design effort of TLG without paying for it.  Although TLG may not produce a certain part or set anymore, it still holds the copyright, and that should be respected.  Here's an analogy: Say there's a movie you want to have in your home library, but the studio no longer sells it on DVD.  (Assume for the sake of argument that you don't download or stream movies).  You should get a used legitimate copy on eBay rather than getting a new bootleg copy or downloading it via Bit Torrent.  Lego sets are creative works, and the rights of the creator should be respected.

I just wanted a model from lego, Lego didnt have it in stock.. Bricklink is a cool site , but as a buyer and fan.. Lego didnt have what i wanted.. as a noob i would believe the hassle of downloading the instruction and going to bricklink is a pain..   I was just curious if anyone measures lepin pf motors and if that video link i posted was legit.. I thought just sharing info was they key but i was wrong!!! ill just discuss Lego's only even though Lepin and Bricklink are not Lego approved and not mention on the site rules..   Just check your lego bricks in detail when you buy used !! is how ill end this 

Lego sets are creative works, and the rights of the creator should be respected..

very true!!!  

The difference between Bricklink and Lepin is that parts sold on Bricklink are genuine Lego

.. i hope that is true!! 

Edited by sirslayer

Please don't damage any  Lego bricks in the process!!  Johnny1360..   I get it..  please don't do that!!  

Lepin (decool) is a rip off!!! i just downloaded the real lego 8068 instructions from lego.com and the instructions are the exact same with the same pictures !!  thats not good at all!!  I guess Lepin have actually changed some of thier issues with designs and now are using the talents of designers under a legit licence!!  https://brickset.com/article/27554/lepin-subsidiary-now-licensing-afol-designs. Am i allowed to post this link? Im just making sure !!  

Edited by sirslayer

57 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

Lepin (decool) is a rip off!!! i just downloaded the real lego 8068 instructions from lego.com and the instructions are the exact same with the same pictures !!  thats not good at all!!  

... and that is exactly what has been said to you numerous times in this thread already.  They aren't a clone manufacturer, they are bootleggers, stealing from Lego.  That is why nothing about them is welcome on this board.

If you want to discuss or review those licensed MOCs/original designs, go to the general Community section and post there.  "LEGO Technic, Mindstorms, & Model Team" is not the place for it.

I'm completely with @allanp!

There is no reason to buy lepin parts at all!

I don't want to mix any rip-off with my original Lego parts, because of the huge quality difference. I'm pretty sure my [TC13] entry can only be builded with original Lego parts, for example.

Since I missed 8068 in stores and couldn't get it for a reasonable price, I builded it twice with my own parts. First time in Mid Blue and white, but the second one had the correct colors, still with my parts. And I loved it! 

So these fake brands are useless, stealing the fun and can be thrown away. They're  rubbish, not worth the money and time.

i assume deraven you have never owned a clone of technic model? .. when I figure out how to post pictures can i post a picture of a lepin and a real lego brick and by looking at picture. would you able spot the lepin brand??  I think i can spot the difference , by the way axles are alot harder to see in pictures and i can only feel to tell the difference.. l want this posting to be serious and I don't want to hear I told you so and I do like the idea of fixing my grammar on every post!!!  I was wondering if one else can share their experience..  how can lepin pf motors be a clone if their devices can be proven to be superior in overall performance.. a clone would have the same performance!!i would think their design is based from a lego form but the insides must be newer if the range and power that showed on a youtube video should be contested and i would like to do this... its not a violation of the rules .  do you really think that child on the video link is posting fake news?? if that"s the case then ill stop watching you tube for ever..   

lego-logo.svgSHOP

Order details

ORDER NUMBERT307839100
ORDER DATEDec 23 2017
STATUS Backordered

MegaRoi i do agree about the bricks , im talking about Lego vs Lepin Pf motors .  My lego order on back order fumes me!!  

Edited by sirslayer

I don't want to mix any rip-off part with my original Lego parts. You own it, you have sort it. :wink:

Btw: you can highlight a users name by using the @ symbol, there's no need to write it in red, underscore and fat.

31 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

i post a picture of a lepin and a real lego brick

i do agree about the bricks , im talking about Lego vs Lepin Pf motors

?