Sign in to follow this  
KevinyWu

Old Statue

In the countryside of Avalonia lies an old statue. Nobody knows when it was built or who built it, or even who it commemorates. 

39163027665_b4f030ec21_c.jpg

This is my 5th freebuild, which means I can finally enter the 5th anniverary challenge! It was a bit rushed, but I didn't want to make something just so I can say I have 5 freebuilds, so I still wanted to build to the best of my ability. The design is quite simple, but I like how it turned out! 

Edited by KevinyWu

Very nice little MOC, I really like the green vine going over the statue!  The flowers add a nice bit of color too! :thumbup: 

Quite simple indeed, but you're not the only one who likes how this has turned out! Very Avalonian, with all the vegetation, which I can only approve :wink: 

Looks good! I like how the substantial base lends weight to the relatively simple build, and gives it an air of seriousness. My favorite part is the rockwork building up the slight rise for the statue. 

While a small landscape, this is still showcases some very good rockwork and foliage :thumbup:
I like the saplings as well :classic:

An excellent little bit of landscaping, Kevin! The overgrowth around the statue looks superb, especially the vine going over the shoulder. Great rockwork as well :classic: