Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[A Safe Haven] Cat A : Castle Rose

Castle Rose

Faladrin and Ehrtäin were surprised to discover a new land while they were testing their new ship, The Bouncing Frog. They got closer and decided to reach a keep they saw upon a rocky formation just on the shore.

It appeared that this keep, named Castle Rose, was inhabited by a group of heteroclit warriors.

39289560244_a90540315a_c.jpg

25128904837_c75587833b_c.jpg

Their apparent leader welcomed Faladrin and his crew by yelling at them a strong :

"Welcome at Castle Rose ! Do you come here for the Red Honey ?"

39967882022_76c21e54ba_c.jpg

25128891787_7517052b19_c.jpg

39101385485_5bb9144aa5_c.jpg

Faladrin was a little bit confused and said no, that they were just explorers from far from East...

It apparently pleased the Barbarian king, as it was clear this is what he was... He was named Cônhardt, an authentic barbarian king, dressed in animal skins and leather, showing a gigantic two hands sword at his belt. He was riding a black panther in battle and was keeping her and her offspring inside the walls of his keep.

28220399359_15816e36b4_c.jpg

He was not really well educated and constantly yelled or talking too loud. Not what you could name a well manered gentleman...

Being pleased that our heroes were not interested in Red Honey, what ever what it could be, he offered them to visit his keep and proposed to refilled their ship with good fish and other goods they had for the Avalonian. Faladrin immediately saw here a good trade opportunity for futures trips...

The barbarian king firstly wished to show them a demonstration of the martial training he is imposing to his men. They saw a fight between Niansan, a Cat people swordsmaster, against Goatyié, a Goat or satyr people kind of Ninja. Of Course Cônhardt continued to yelled encouragments or insults to his men, depending on how they were fighting well or not.

39967821772_d1d04f2de3_c.jpg

Then, Faladrin and Ehrtäin were lead to the stairs to be placed in the diner room where they were served something to eat and some refreshments.

39289517104_54229b1613_c.jpg

25128876297_5dfef22ba2_c.jpg

39101425325_4acdae9433_c.jpg

After being restaured, the Barbarian King offered them to stay some days to rest and offered a good bed to sleep to Faladrin and his crew.

39967785702_8b3e977311_c.jpg

The men being exhausted by the 34 days at seas were happy to stay on this keep before their return trip to Avalonia.

Unfortunately, everything was not so peaceful...

On the last day, Cônhardt asked Faladrin and Ehrtäin to meet him at his throne room.

Once again, he yelled and swore all what he could !

39101397845_7faf36b54b_c.jpg

He had made the gate close and ordered his men to be prepared for battle.

39999189461_ba40219788_c.jpg

He explained to the Avalonians they could be delayed on their departure as the "Cold Bloods" were attacking them.

"The Cold Bloods" were a group of llizards and snakes people who were kidnapping the Isle of Roses honest workers and peasants (well, those working for the barbarian king) to sacrifice them to the biggest Red Flowers, those florishing upon all the Roses bushes. This sacrifices were made in order to please some Hellish giant bees who were extracting Red Honey from those flowers after they've suck all the soul of the poor prisoners they were feeding on...

The purpose of the Barbarian King and the construction of this keep was to stop this madness and to prevent the production of Red Honey !

Cônhardt was send there to build an outpost and stop the production of Red Honey that is poisoning his country high nobility...

25128841387_fb7abcb87e_c.jpg

Faladrin and Ehrtain offered their help. It was interesting to open a new alliance with the barbarian king and helping his country would probably offer good trade routes and commercial benefits...

Falahuas would be richer and more florishing ! At least, that could help the restauration of the principality !

Thank you for reading !

This is my Category A entry for the "Safe Haven Challenge". The begining of the story is in my cat C entry.

This is a castle I had ready for months now, but never had time to have correct pictures of it. This is finally done !

Of course, evrey comments and criticisms are welcome !

Edited by Faladrin

Beautiful entry Faladrin, I really like the gun decorations you put in the castle.

As I said at BMA: a very fine castle, glad to have seen it in the flesh and even gladder that it was part of our lay-out!

On 3 février 2018 at 1:38 PM, Gunman said:

Beautiful entry Faladrin, I really like the gun decorations you put in the castle.

Thank you sir ! But it's nothing compared to your entry...

On 3 février 2018 at 2:38 PM, TitusV said:

As I said at BMA: a very fine castle, glad to have seen it in the flesh and even gladder that it was part of our lay-out!

Thank you Titus ! I was happy to have it ready for BMA ! It was a great event !

Love that first picture, Faladrin: the wall is great - just the right amount of decoration to keep it from being plain, but not overdone either - the stain-glass windows fit in very well, and that's one of the best uses of muskets in Tudor-work that I think I've ever seen! :thumbup:  Kudos on including all those interiors too, and I actually rather like that Barbarian King there! :pir-grin:  Nice work!

I like the castle you have made, especially the full interior! The use of 1x1 plates stuck inside a 1x2 brick with hole are a nice decorative feature, if a bit too refined for the likes of the Barbarian King, perhaps. He does seem to live in a place that is too nice for his personality, honestly - even the bed is made, which seems contrary to how I would think he would act (unless he is all bluster and is really quite well-mannered and courteous underneath). I do like the mosaic on the floor of the throneroom, in particular. My one question is why there are giant roses growing right outside his keep, if they are the problem? Why haven't his men uprooted and destroyed those flowers?

Excellent castle, the layout with corner walls at an angle and large keep in the center works nicely :thumbup:
The drawbridge, stables, and interiors make it very complete :classic: