Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The A-Z of things to build

What about a brigatine wich I don't think is the same thing as a brig and you really should add Kracken.

Regards, Captain Zuloo ;-)

Argh Zuloo wants the kraken, i want to be no where near that foul beasty. how bout the black pearl, and other ships from POTC Tortuga would be great to see, or what about the islanders made to look like Sparrows captors in the second movie... many an idea, but for me an inn with plenty or rum! imagine the drunken fun you could have your crew having there.

in short

black pearl + other boats from POTC

Tortuga

Islander Camp

Inn

Argh Zuloo wants the kraken, i want to be no where near that foul beasty.

in short

black pearl + other boats from POTC

Tortuga

Islander Camp

Inn

How can you not want the Kraken? Anyway, good idea with the POTC stuff.

Regards, Captain Zuloo ;-)

I know this could be classified as Army, but what about Armada(imperial Armada)?(Hey, Army and Armada both have Arm at the front, which gives me an idea....)

What about Arms Shop?

Maybe:

-Shipwright/carpenter (allthought this might be a part of a shipyard)

-Barracks (might be part of a fort)

-Buildings/docks/boats under construction or in ruins from being under attack/sinking

-Training camps (gotta train those soldiers/guards)

-Shops (might be part of village), like blacksmith, glassblower, food store etc.

-Jungle (including hidden ruins)

-Street vendor

-Farm

-Market

-Fluyt

Sorry if any of these are allready listed, but I couldn't find them.

Edited by Fluyt

Maybe:

Sorry if any of these are allready listed, but I couldn't find them.

How could YOU forget to mention a Fluytship? :pir-tongue:

How could YOU forget to mention a Fluytship? :pir-tongue:

ofcourse, how embarrasing :blush:

I'll edit it *and noone has to know* :grin:

I need some ideas for a MOC. of course, a pirate MOC. that's why it is in "LEGO Pirates" so... Any Ideas? I really would like to build :) More then one if you could. NO SHIPS Ships will come when I get more pieces. So... help? :pir-classic:

Do you fear DEATH?

- Seafood tavern/pub with dock and rowboat

- Small island fort

- Uninhabited heavily forested mountain island with secret treasure stash

- Small shipyard for vessels the size of the small merchant in 6277

- Town scene with blacksmith making cutlasses and flintlocks

- Torture chamber for captured pirates

- Riverside colonial house with small trade vessel or rowboat

- Slave auction

- Rum distillery

a few more ideas:

-fishmarket

-governor's house

-nice palmbeach

-barracks

-pirate treasure place

-Imperial powdermagazine

-merchant's house

-rocky coastline

-lighthouse

More stuff like that!

I hope this might help. :pir-blush:

I've been going over different ideas, browsing Wikipedia and Googles pictures/articles looking for inspiration in a hopefully new creation and depending on the day will either come up short or strike an idea. For the past couple of weeks I've been looking into a new pirate dio, but have consistently managed to come up short.

Anyway my question to you is what is behind your inspiration? Hopefully others have this question so it will be beneficial to them as well. I just thought maybe there was more to finding inspiration behind some of the other pirate builders in the community.

Thanks,

Zack :jollyroger:

POTC is an excellent source of not only ideas, but also scenes as well. My Tortuga MOC was based on those few short scenes in Tortuga, with all the drunken debauchery.

I also have the guidebook to the POTC Ride at Disneyland (haven't actually been there, got it in a library sale here in England...), which has a lot of concepts behind the ride, which then inspired the films. So a lot to work with there.

Other than those, to be honest, I just make things up as I go along!

Usually my inspiration is my own head. :pir_laugh2: Often, something just pops into my brain that seems like it would be a good thing to build. Sometimes I'll maybe see a piece laying around, and that might inspire me to make something that fits with that piece. This was the case with my small MOC with the epaulette water.

Once in a while I'll feel like building something that I've seen recently, or am going to see. The week before I went on vacation last year for example, I built a moving walkway like you see in airports.

Overall though, like Sly, something will just come up, and I'll try to build it. Sooner or later, there will be something that pops into your head.

Cool topic idea Newright. :pir-classic:

I don't really build big MOCs due to a lack of pieces and money so inspiration isn't hard to come by, most times, like Erds said, an idea just pops into my head.

Sometimes I'll go somewhere and see something I like and I'll go home and build it.

My Pirate building style is very unique, please don't think that I'm bragging but I rarely build the classical ship, fort or pirate burying his treasure so to speak. I try to get away from the norm. I do intend to build my own fleet someday but for now I'll just stick to the little stuff.

Edited by Ratshot