The day had started off as any other. The water was calm and the sky clear. Once out to their fishing grounds Leif called out to Isdir to drop the anchor and grab the nets. As the day dragged on storm clouds began to brew to the south. Luck, hopefully would be on their side and the storm would head towards the mainland. However only a few hours later, they were battling with the storm. Their small vessel being thrown around like a child's toy. Waves toward and crashed above them as they struggled to stay alive, almost as if they were caught in between a battle of gods. After a long rough night the water finally began to flatten, and they found themselves no longer being able to see the coast. Praying the gods were on their side now, Leif set sail for wherever  fate would take him. 

He had heard the tales of the origins of the Elves. But that was all they had ever been. Tales. However that all changed when a towering arch rose from the horizon, A magnificent structure large enough to fit their boat through. A prancing horse with a rider top the somehow remain atop of the crumbling arch. behind it more structures rose from the seas depths, weathered but years of of harsh winds and high waves but still astounding in size and beauty. He heard Isdir mumble about the lost cities of the Elves, and I did not doubt him. Finally Leif gathered his wits and yelled to Isdir, we will camp on the rooftop over their, and then we shall sail south, just as the Elves claimed to have done. If they had truly found the Elves homeland, then who else knew what lay beyond?

39153649535_7a96419667_c.jpg

28272822599_0abba3fcae_c.jpg

(bonus shot)

Entry to Category B: A safe Haven.

You can probably see I am no writer but I did not want this build to go with out a proper story. I built this back in October, and kept it to see if it would fit into the CCC. It didn't so I have just got round to post it on here now. I have lots of other builds ready to post on the guilds as well so watch out for them. The arch was difficult to make at first, but came together quick enough. the boat was also quite a challenge as it is my first. Hopefully you guys think it came out ok. The base was inspired by Jaapxaap and Legofin and I think it worked well here.

Hope you enjoy and C&C needed :thumbup:

Spoiler

The teaser I posted earlier this year.

33459559316_3086ee55e9_z.jpgA statue forgotten by Jed  Cameron, on Flickr

Edited by The Maestro

Amazing arch design and also amazing water design above the black tiles, it fits perfectly. :wub:

Oh my, I had expected quite a lot from you, but defenitely not this. It's gorgeous! :wub:

The arch is great and gives a very mysterious atmosphere, especially combined with the water. Even the little boat looks good!

Really nice! That arch is beautiful, and the lovely horse to top it off. :) The colors and textures are great too! The boat is simple and great too. :) Keep it up! :)

Lovely stone-work, Maestro (as usual :wink:) - that arch and the statue on top are fantastic!  And although I didn't mention it on Flickr, I quite like that boat too - a very nice little vessel there, and those aren't easy to build!

Great arch, TM, and the water effect is great. I love what you did with the base, actually. All of the details are superb, from the small ship to the stonework to the finer work under the arch, but the pinnacle of it all, both literally and in my appreciation for it, is that horse. I might steal that for something else, because it is too good to be used just once by one person. 

On 2/3/2018 at 9:07 PM, Faladrin said:

Nice ruins !

I particularly like the brick built horse statue ! Greatly done !

good job !

Thanks man, the horse is a favourite of mine too.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:32 AM, Kai NRG said:

Lovely arch, and the statue on top is fantastic!  :thumbup: 

Thank you Kai

On 2/4/2018 at 1:43 AM, Gunman said:

Amazing arch design and also amazing water design above the black tiles, it fits perfectly. :wub:

Thanks man, I am glad you think so :thumbup:

On 2/4/2018 at 2:41 AM, TitusV said:

Oh my, I had expected quite a lot from you, but defenitely not this. It's gorgeous! :wub:

The arch is great and gives a very mysterious atmosphere, especially combined with the water. Even the little boat looks good!

Well it may not be quantity but hopefully you think it's quality. Thanks mate it means alot.

On 2/4/2018 at 3:05 AM, TheLordOfBricks said:

Really nice! That arch is beautiful, and the lovely horse to top it off. :) The colors and textures are great too! The boat is simple and great too. :) Keep it up! :)

Thank you :classic:

On 2/4/2018 at 6:41 AM, KevinyWu said:

Wow, I did not expect that statue teaser to lead to a gate! Amazing, as usual.

I didn't either actually, I changed what I planned to do last minute, and I am think I am better off for it. Thanks!

On 2/6/2018 at 5:02 AM, Garmadon said:

Lovely stone-work, Maestro (as usual :wink:) - that arch and the statue on top are fantastic!  And although I didn't mention it on Flickr, I quite like that boat too - a very nice little vessel there, and those aren't easy to build!

Yes it was certainly a challenge, but one night a light bulb popped over my head and I set to work. The secret ingredient is stickers (official lego ones of course :grin:).

On 2/6/2018 at 5:15 AM, Lasse said:

Very beautiful MOC :classic:

I especially like the little ship.

Thanks Lasse, I do too.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:39 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great arch, TM, and the water effect is great. I love what you did with the base, actually. All of the details are superb, from the small ship to the stonework to the finer work under the arch, but the pinnacle of it all, both literally and in my appreciation for it, is that horse. I might steal that for something else, because it is too good to be used just once by one person. 

Thanks Henjin, I have no idea where that horse came from, but I wish I could build like that  more often :laugh: Go ahead, it's a pretty simple design that involves a lot of lazy snot and a ton of travis bricks. If you ever (although I doubt a builder like you would need one) want a breakdown of the basic design, just flick me a message :thumbup: I look foward to seeing it in use.

Absolutely beautiful arch :wub: :wub: The colors and textures make for stonework that really looks ancient :thumbup: Nifty base and water too!

Very nice arch and overall composition! Reminds me of Valyria in GoT :wink:

Fantastic work here Maestro, the arch is incredible! :wub: Excellent job with the boat and water too, the black tiles with trans-clear on top looks great :thumbup: