Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

[Safe Haven Cat. A] Allanar Forest

My entry into Category A of the "A Safe Haven" challenge.

Allanar Forest on the isle of Alnya is where many of the dwelfs have chosen to live. This is likely due to their love of nature, and the many animals who also make their home there. The dwelfs spend much of their time caring for animals, or training them; even such creatures as dragons are welcomed in their community. Many live in unpretentious cottages, but don’t be mistaken – they are excellent craftsmen, and their homes are held in high regard by even the most skilled architects.

1.jpg

4.jpg

"Now don't be scaring my chickens when you feed them, boy!"
"Don't worry, Garrek, I can handle throwing out some chicken feed."
Rhalyf had been given some time off at the stables during a quiet spell, and Garrek was quick to put him to work feeding the flock of chickens he keeps in addition to his prized goats.

3.jpg

Faelar has a simple task today: fixing a section of fence alongside the path.

Shrooms-2.jpg

Some lovely mushrooms caught Nym's eye earlier in the week, and today he returned to harvest the ripe ones and dig up one to plant in his own garden.

Trainer-2.jpg

Alenia is working with Frandri in the forest today, and has brought along a treat to reward the young dragon with.

5.jpg

Torrel keeps several hives in different places throughout the forest, and as usual is busy checking up on some of them now.

Spoiler

Back-Corner.jpg

2.jpg

Table.jpg

Pantry.jpg

Lots more pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcome :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Now I know for sure: I need to switch guilds, immediatly.

The jaw-dropping colourscheme, the rounded stonework, the shining half timbered tudor sections, the majestic trees, the tiny bird house and even better beehives, the usual interiors, the already-mentioned-but-still-absolutely-amazing minifigures (go Dwelfs!), the fluent watertechnique, the... Do I need to go on?

The legs in the water is a nice touch, along with the cheese slope masonry in the brown-roofed house. I love the dense foliage of the trees, and the lime green grass is excellent here, giving everything a bright, almost Disney-fairy tale feel. I also like the use of the curved tiles as rails near the door of the yellow-roofed house. The dark brown path looks great in contrast to the bright foliage, too. My one gripe is that I don't really like how the thatched roof in the back goes almost all the way down to the ground. 

Again, though, a great build, and the Dwelfs need to stay in Historica one way or other. 

6 hours ago, Mike S said:

Awesome entry! Love the colors!

Thanks Mike!

4 hours ago, TitusV said:

Now I know for sure: I need to switch guilds, immediatly.

The jaw-dropping colourscheme, the rounded stonework, the shining half timbered tudor sections, the majestic trees, the tiny bird house and even better beehives, the usual interiors, the already-mentioned-but-still-absolutely-amazing minifigures (go Dwelfs!), the fluent watertechnique, the... Do I need to go on?

:laugh: Glad you like it, Titus! It was a lot of fun to make, I've wanted to try out lime green landscaping for a while now, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so.

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The legs in the water is a nice touch, along with the cheese slope masonry in the brown-roofed house. I love the dense foliage of the trees, and the lime green grass is excellent here, giving everything a bright, almost Disney-fairy tale feel. I also like the use of the curved tiles as rails near the door of the yellow-roofed house. The dark brown path looks great in contrast to the bright foliage, too. My one gripe is that I don't really like how the thatched roof in the back goes almost all the way down to the ground. 

Again, though, a great build, and the Dwelfs need to stay in Historica one way or other. 

Thanks Henjin! Glad you like the cheese slope stonework - It's actually a pretty sturdy technique, which surprised me. As for the roof, I agree that it probably should have been a little shorter, but the image that inspired that particular building had a roof very similar - unfortunately it didn't translate into LEGO as well as I would have liked. Something to keep in mind for next time I guess.

Nice and peaceful entry ! I like it !

Great use of the minifig legs to make the water stream ! I will probably borrow it to you... :laugh:

Great job !

Great use of the legs as water LJ :) Also the hives are really cute :) Lots of beautiful details everywhere but most of all I really like how the dark orange/red blend with the lime green

Very nice rural build LJ, great stonework on both houses and the river looks excellent! :thumbup:   Good work on the roof angles too!

Really beautiful creation, like all your other work.  I really enjoy seeing what you build.  The color choices are great, and the clean lines of the houses are great, especially set at random angles as they are around the base.  The only thing I'm not convinced of is the stream: I think you did a great job with that stream technique, although I'm not fond of the technique itself.

Do you and your bother belong to a lug?  I'm curious where you get so many of the unusual colored parts, such as the olives and the dark reds.  The trees are gorgeous, but there's no way I could have anywhere close to that many red and dark orange pieces to make more than maybe one tree.

Incredible forest setting :wub: I was a little skeptical on how the ground colors would work out at first, but you really incorporated them flawlessly! The large trees and fantasy colors set a beautiful atmosphere for the dwelfs :thumbup:
Which are themselves superb - great work fitting an interior into the larger one :classic: