Sign in to follow this  
dathil

[Safe Haven Cat A] Founding Thulgard

40044671891_3128bcb082_z.jpgThulgard by David de Rijke, on Flickr

Few of the ships of the once so mighty Mitgardian expedition survived their voyage, but the brave survivors joined up and found land! On the vast continent of Vela, yet unknown to Historica, they founded their new home, Thulgard.

28265971459_566951bc63_z.jpg

As the wood of the ships was used for pallissades and watch towers, the crews went out to forage and build some structures to survive the incoming winter. They did not go unnoticed, however...

28265970499_4735138c07_z.jpg

26171829518_5360673854_z.jpg

Their new settlement of Thulgard seemed to be placed in the domain of the Empire, and some imperial officers already stood at the gates to reclaim it, diplomatically. Not a single change however that Mitgardian captain Amkyr will let that happen!

Thulgard lays in the Westerlands, the -obviously- western region of the Empire, ruled by the house of Glainthes, who have their seat near Bunnock's Barn, half a day's march away.

37455678084_a3889b8dc8_z.jpgBunnock manor by David de Rijke, on Flickr

Thulgard might be my most detailed build at this scale. At least it has the best rockwork I have ever produced :p The mountain had been under construction for, like, a year, so I am kind of glad that I am done, for now I sorted out my lego, I can't wait to build much and much more!

Alas I kind of forgot I am studying abroad now for some weeks, so I had to hurry with the photography before I left. I might wanna make better pictures when I am back!

Medieval construction sites are always cool, and this is no exception!

You're defenitely right about the rockwork, but I like the second build even better. You, too, have improved a big deal since your first build for the guilds :thumbup: 

I agree with Titus, the second build is actually better, with the working mill and the excellent roofs. That is not to say that the first is bad, as it is not! I like the way you show the place being built up, as your construction site is very nice. I especially like how almost nothing is set on the square, but is instead off on its own angle, organically. I hope to hear more about this Empire at some point, too. Nice work!

The presentation photos should have lower angle so we can  better see the details of the moc, but it looks pretty interesting. I agree with the others, 2nd building looks cooler tho :wub: A lovely manor

You have some really neat landscaping going on in the first model :thumbup: The sloped hill of grass climbing up the side of the cliff is lovely!
Also some great construction details there, and a neat addition of ruins hidden under the hill.

The buildings in the second model are top-notch :wub:Great layout, texture, and color use on those :classic: