My latest project:

800x600.jpg

• 2 Function gearbox
  • Crane luffing.
  • Winch cable.
  • Counterweight.
  • Cabin + seat.

Pictures:

(sorry for background, it was too big a model.)

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Like it? drop a comment.

Edited by Aventador2004

I agree with what Myers said, lower the battery box and widen the body to cover the tracks. Another recommendation is to flip the battery box up side down, it will give you a cleaner look. 

I like it! Nice job!!

Edited by aminnich
Auto correct

11 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Consider lowering the BB by a stud or two and widening the bodywork by a similar amount...but I like it! 

7 minutes ago, aminnich said:

I agree with what Myers said, lower the battery box and widen the body to cover the tracks. Another recommendation is to flip the battery box up side down, it will give you a cleaner look. 

I like it! Nice job!!

The battery is only able to be there, the structure would need change.

Thank you both.

Also, LDD?

4 minutes ago, aminnich said:

Why is that? You couldn't change the back of the structure a little bit? 

The way I made it, it would take many more parts, the pins get in the way of friction inducing (on purpose) gear bracing.

1 minute ago, KikoTube said:

Not really, what about this? 

Right, forgot I could do that. Maybe I will change it.

The crane was disassembled, sadly.

Edited by Aventador2004

Honestly this is the best model that you have presented here that I saw. With suggested idea by @KikoTube it could be even better

22 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Honestly this is the best model that you have presented here that I saw. With suggested idea by @KikoTube it could be even better

I still think the pneumatic excavator is as good or better.

18 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

If it would be a set I would buy it.

Really? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ArsMan064 said:

Very good model! But I think it should be a bit more wider

If you look at excavators or cranes they are as wide as tracks, so IMO it's fine.

Like this:

GHC75_COB.png?h=702&la=en&w=1000

I like it. It has an old-school feel to it:

337-2_main.jpg

But the batterybox is a bit of an eyesore, that's a shame. And a bit more colour variation also wouldn't hurt.

Having said that, there is a clear progress in your models. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

This is nice work @Aventador2004.

I agree with the others that a little wider would get the proportions a bit better (it's a bit tall for the width I think?). With another 2 studs width the battery box could be hidden on the sides which would help I think.

A nice model though - I like the use of the frames and the Pythagoras triangles in the boom.

50 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

For a crane, I'd say it's medium. Not bad overall, though needs to be wider.

Wider, so many people. Why, most cranes are same size width..

44 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

I like it. It has an old-school feel to it:

But the batterybox is a bit of an eyesore, that's a shame. And a bit more colour variation also wouldn't hurt.

Having said that, there is a clear progress in your models. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

I see where you are going, it does have that feel.

BTW, I hate the battery too, just what I chose..

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

This is nice work @Aventador2004.

I agree with the others that a little wider would get the proportions a bit better (it's a bit tall for the width I think?). With another 2 studs width the battery box could be hidden on the sides which would help I think.

A nice model though - I like the use of the frames and the Pythagoras triangles in the boom.

Thanks, I used 6L links too, but changed it. the height is restricted by the gearbox.

Awesome! I love it :thumbup:

keep the thin body, I think it works really well for an old school look. Shame you dismantled already any video?

is the battery box needed? Could it have been replaced with panel ‘weights’? Could it lift anything without it?

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I still think the pneumatic excavator is as good...

I think this one is better

2 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Awesome! I love it :thumbup:

keep the thin body, I think it works really well for an old school look. Shame you dismantled already any video?

is the battery box needed? Could it have been replaced with panel ‘weights’? Could it lift anything without it?

Well, 453 pieces for about 30 min assembling by me. A video is possible.

No, it falls on its face with nothing. It needs the battery, but it lifts 500g at Min level of boom.

49 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I think this one is better

Ok, your opinion.

Nice work! It does look like it went on a diet, but all the functions are there.

One question though, why did you disassemble it so quickly?

59 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Nice work! It does look like it went on a diet, but all the functions are there.

One question though, why did you disassemble it so quickly?

Good, they work nice too.

I had it together for 3 weeks, never posted it.

Looks good, keep the body the same width as on the larger crawler cranes the tracks are usually wider than the carbody.  Check out the Manitowoc W4100 crane and you can see the relationship of the body to crawler track width.

It's a pity you have taken it apart as I think a couple of modifications to the rear of the body would have really helped it out but it looks really good as is.

I like it, it's nice and simple. Reminds of set 8288. I have no problems with the unicolor look, but a different-color seat in the cabin would have been a nice addition. (It's hard to see if there's a seat at all.)

Also, it's a bit strange to have a battery box but no motors. I understand it's a counterweight, but it feels incomplete in a way. (But that's my personal opinion).

Anyhow, nice model all-in-all. On to the next, I guess :)

7 hours ago, davemo said:

Looks good, keep the body the same width as on the larger crawler cranes the tracks are usually wider than the carbody.  Check out the Manitowoc W4100 crane and you can see the relationship of the body to crawler track width.

It's a pity you have taken it apart as I think a couple of modifications to the rear of the body would have really helped it out but it looks really good as is.

Same size:

manitowoc-4100w-series-ii,ape4100w_1.jpg

Yes, but I dont have a ton to build with.

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

I like it, it's nice and simple. Reminds of set 8288. I have no problems with the unicolor look, but a different-color seat in the cabin would have been a nice addition. (It's hard to see if there's a seat at all.)

Also, it's a bit strange to have a battery box but no motors. I understand it's a counterweight, but it feels incomplete in a way. (But that's my personal opinion).

Anyhow, nice model all-in-all. On to the next, I guess :)

different scale, that was good work by TLG.

There was a motor, but it couldn't hold boom when gear switched.

I really like to make a lot of models with small amount of parts.