Ron Dayes

[MOC] Yacht/Boat 4011 "Cabin Cruiser" remake

Hi there,

I'm barely active anymore but i finally finished my old WIP from the 4011 "Cabin Cruiser" remake from 1991.
Its completely brick build without using hull elements. Fits about 6 Minifigs inside.
For a scale comparisson i included a 1/43 scale model car i recently finished aswell.
Hope you like it, comments and critics welcome, more pics will follow...

26141664168_a3e4b380e2.jpgCabin Cruiser 4011 - REMAKE by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

This is exactly that type of yacht, which I would like to add to my marina

Nice, i will post the file (its internals arent really that great yet and perhaps some connections are too weak and can be optimised in a real brick model - yet i bet its an easy fix in most cases. i tried my best at making sure all is connected somehow)

2 hours ago, Dorino said:

I am big fan of brick built hulls, very nice :)

thanks man!

Fantastic! The shaping looks so natural that it appears almost effortless! (Though I am sure that is not the case). That car looks brilliant too - have you posted it previously then?

5 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Wow, very realistic modern boat! Love that it is fully brick-built. Most excellent building and great MOC. 

Many thanks - yeah, with that technique its not that much of a challenge really - spent ages looking for something to do digitally (since most excellent techniques by more experienced builders on boat hulls only work with physical bricks)

2 hours ago, DeanLearner said:

Fantastic! The shaping looks so natural that it appears almost effortless! (Though I am sure that is not the case). That car looks brilliant too - have you posted it previously then?

Thanks a lot :) - no i havend posted that car before (since 1/43 scaled mocs are not that "townish" really. I used to post a few 1/43 cars about a year ago on EB but i moved the car business completely to flickr where you will find the whole collection)