Sign in to follow this  
BrickbyBrickTechnic

[MOC] 2-stage tractor | 42054 C model [LEGO IDEAS]

Hey everyone, 

Presenting my last 42054 C model for a long time. This is a 2-stage tractor, a very interesting model (at least in my opinion) because of its steering system which features articulated steering and front wheel steering to create 4 steering modes. I also added a lawn mower attachment which has 2 motorized functions. Additionally, the whole model is very detailed.

How about some pictures?

2018-01-31-17-12-282018-01-31-17-12-022018-01-31-17-10-572018-01-31-17-09-02

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoy this MOC. I sure had a ton of fun building it!

Please leave a comment!

BbBT

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Excellent C-model! I like it way better than the (sorry excuse of) the B-model LEGO made from the original set.

This has much more functions and a higher playability level than the B-model front attachment.

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Excellent C-model! I like it way better than the (sorry excuse of) the B-model LEGO made from the original set.

This has much more functions and a higher playability level than the B-model front attachment.

I could not agree more! This is a great C model! LEGO should have allowed the designers should have put more effort into the B model. 

I am amazed with your steering modes.

Andy D

8 hours ago, I_Igor said:

It looks like futuristic tractor (based on Valtra..) :thumbup:

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

That looks really good! 

Thanks a lot!

13 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It's good, but the steering backwards...

Thanks, unfortunately you'll just have to deal with it... more gears = more resistance, and besides the gearbox is routed this way because that's the only way it'll work.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

There are so many builds possible with 42054 that I am curious as to why TLG didn't design a proper B-model. Then again, none of the builds thus far are within the CLAAS range.

(I know, @M_longer's loader looks just like the CLAAS Torion, but it hadn't been released back in 2016)

Saw it yesterday and supported straight away.

Lookseven better than the previous 4 C-models you have shared, it's likely that you get 10k supporters but I think we will never see a Technic Ideas set

And I am seriously considering to get 42055. How do you have time for all?