danth

Favorite/Inspirational Sci-Fi MOCs

On 8/1/2022 at 9:40 PM, danth said:

Or if you want to count Benny's Spaceship as the first throwback, from 8 years ago, then we're probably due for Ice Planet right now.

Dear lord that's 8 years old now? My word time flies like a spaceship...

A bit off topic but since ice planet is mentioned again:

It's certainly strange for LEGO to release minifigs with Ice planet logo's and yet possibly have "retired" transparent neon orange at the same year of 2022 (at least in "normal" sets)

Of course with LEGO changing their plastics on transparent colors, and even then still adjusting colors within colors , fine tuning the material, maybe LEGO is just working on the color to get it right first before mass production again. (there still was a bit variation on just trans-light blue in recent years City windows, some being darker blue, and some being cloudy, but others being clear)

1 year doesn't say a whole lot, color use varies per year, in particular for this color Nexo Knight, Ninjago Prime Empire and Monkie Kid Bulls were recent themes with a lot of this color.

The main indictator that seems to point that transparent neon orange isn't gone, is the 2022 release of Serious Play Identity and Landscape Kit {2022 Version} 2000430-2 which is currently available for purchase at least on US Lego.com (temp out of stock in europe) , which has 16 of this trans neon orange dish , which is also on pick-a-brick

4740.png

1 Piece  isn't a whole lot to hang by, and that serious play kit has brought back other pieces like the brown horse as well, which hasn't been in a normal set in years, but it's still better then completely nothing I suppose.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 2/1/2018 at 7:07 AM, danth said:

Twin Starfire, a ridiculous set from the 80s

Hey that's one of my favorite classic space sets!

8 hours ago, malawiglenn said:

Hey that's one of my favorite classic space sets!

Same! "Ridiculous" is a compliment when I say it. 😁

On 8/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, Sinthoras said:

Just found this website here and I quite like this old MOC:

And some other pretty nice ones.

Reveal hidden contents

APC-1.JPG

ZombieTron%201.jpg

seobl1.jpg

gunstar2.jpg

sp2train3.jpg

tronabee3.jpg

Inter-City%20Bus%201.jpg

I love little sites like that; such creativity time-capsuled in old style 'ugly' websites.

It's a long time ago but I remember being in middle school around the year 2000 and discovering the TDF (Titanian Defense Force) website created by Scott Sanburn. He had a lot of MOCs based on Futuron and Space Police 1 and those were very inspirational for me because at that time I had only old catalogs for inspiration and didn't know about the Lego online fan community. That lead me to Brickshelf, Bricklink and LUGNET and with the help of my parents we started buying old sets and parts online because at that time new Lego sets were not that great. During those years I had the best teacher I have ever had and he helped me to print Lego instructions in color (only teachers were allowed to print in color). Unfortunately I can't find the Lego websites of Scott Sanburn anymore but I managed to find some of his photos on Brickshelf.

https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=ssanburn

pdrm0002.jpg

tdf-recruits100.jpg