danth

Favorite/Inspirational Sci-Fi MOCs

Wow, so many brilliant MOCs highlighted here recently! 

I would like to highlight some of this guy’s brilliant stuff that hasn’t been shared here before.

COSMO Engineering - Galaxy Class Racer

COSMO Engineering - Galaxy Class Racer

COSMO Engineering - Custom POD 3000 Series

COSMO Engineering - Custom POD 3000 Series

Team "Rusty Badges"

Team "Rusty Badges"

WipEout - Go Fast Or Go Home

WipEout - Go Fast Or Go Home

Cable Car in Downtown by hellboy.lego

Spoiler

Cable Car in Downtown

The Aces of Star Wars: Resistance by @Lamborghini Waffle Sauce

Spoiler

The Fireball and the Aces of Star Wars: Resistance

Space Rocket Shed by Anthony SEJORNE

Spoiler

Lego space rocket shed - atana studio

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I would like to highlight some of this guy’s brilliant stuff that hasn’t been shared here before.

I've always dug this one particular Sand Green, single-piloted redux of one of @Sylon's GARCs:

COSMO Engineering - HyperStar

Edited by Digger of Bricks

From Syd Mead designs to Miniature/Mega Cities, Mechs, Spaceships and more, so many wonderful creations!!!

Thank you Each and Everyone for sharing!

Just found this website here and I quite like this old MOC:

SGE%201.jpg

And some other pretty nice ones.

Spoiler

APC-1.JPG

ZombieTron%201.jpg

seobl1.jpg

gunstar2.jpg

sp2train3.jpg

tronabee3.jpg

Inter-City%20Bus%201.jpg

Edited by Sinthoras

Stopover at the Local Green Grocer's by Vincent Gashod

Spoiler
Stopover at the local greengrocer'sStopover at the local greengrocer's

Bulwark Class: Cargo Transport by Caleb Ricks

Spoiler

Bulwark Class: Cargo Transport

LL-929 by @seb71

Spoiler

classic space 1

Refraction R/99 by Nick Trotta

Spoiler

Refraction R/99

Space Base on the Moon III by yu chris

Spoiler
Space Base on Moon III

On 8/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, Sinthoras said:

Just found this website here and I quite like this old MOC:

SGE 1.jpg

And some other pretty nice ones.

Reveal hidden contents

APC-1.JPG

ZombieTron%201.jpg

seobl1.jpg

gunstar2.jpg

sp2train3.jpg

tronabee3.jpg

Inter-City%20Bus%201.jpg

Damn @Sinthoras, that's a seriously sweet treasure grove you've unearthed right there! That guy's stuff is impressive!!! :thumbup: *oh2*

Wow, it's been over TWO YEARS since we've posted an inspirational MOC!

Well I'm gonna fix that. Here's some good stuff. Apologies if any of these have been posted before.

Cool space ships

From Shamisenfred:

"ESPADON" Starbomber

From  Pico van Grootveld:

Stratomaxx Acer - angles

Cosmic Cruiser redux from @Horlack Bricks:

[NCS] 6890 - Cosmic Cruiser, Intergalactic Girl

More Cool Spaceships:

From Oran Cruzen. I like the shaping on this. It reminds me of something...a race car? An old 80's MASK toy? I don't know but I like it.

Galaxy N Purple Ship

A whole bunch of cool ships from Mansur Soeleman:

Cat Squadron - Spacegooose Collab

A big classic space cruiser from Nice Try. Kinda reminds of Cosmic Fleet Voyager.

Classic Space Transport Shuttle

More Cool Spaceships and Speeders

An X-1 Patrol Craft redux from aggie_92:

LL 6861 X-1 Patrol Craft

This super neat little craft from ama77what:

a man has been violently dismembered in lego spacecity

Also from ama77what this shapely hover craft:

Space Corvette

This super bright and cute speeder/spaceship (?) from Captain Kim:

Astrotech P4

Rovers!

These adorable rovers could be real sets if Space came back. Those green light pieces really do something for me. From carrier lost:

Gamma ScannerAsteroid Exploration Rover

This huge rover is big enough to be a locomotive! The addition of white and gray to the traditional Space Police colors is quite eye-catching. By spaceruner:

MARGiE

These are just gorgeous little utility rovers. Love the green windscreens! Too bad that windscreen doesn't exist in trans green in real life. By Bastiaan de Jong:

Lego Perfect Rover duo (FebRovery2021)

This thing is massive! By [ S E /\ Z Y ]:

SPARKY Rover

Mechs

Love this! There's something Metroid like about it. The shaping and colors are so great. By Marco De Bon:

Lego Mech Suit 01

Beefy utility crane-mech by -soccerkid6:

MS-3 Construction Mech

Another crane mech! By Simon Liu:

CUBE-D

And finally this Ice Planet dragon mech! By Geoff Horswood:

Ice Dragon 2002

If anyone else wants to post MOCs here, I don't recommend posting as Spoilers like others have done earlier. It really sucks when reading through old posts having to click Reveal Hidden Content 50 times per page!

I wanted to go back and look at all the cool MOCs posted earlier. I got so sick of clicking Reveal Hidden Content that I created a bookmarklet to click all of them automatically. If you want to do the same, create a bookmark, copy this code into the URL/Location, and then just click the bookmark while on any page to reveal everything:

javascript:  var links = document.getElementsByTagName('span');   for(var i = 0; i < links.length; i++){ var inner = links[i].innerHTML;     if (inner.indexOf("Reveal") != -1) { console.log(inner); links[i].click();  }   }

Edited by danth

On 1/21/2022 at 10:24 PM, danth said:

What I didn't know I needed in my life until I saw it -- this Boba Fett mech by Greg Dalink:

Boba Fett Achilles-Class Battle MechBoba Fett Achilles-Class Battle Mech

Now this is podracing!!!! I’d love to see the boba fett mech fight the samurai-x mech!!! 

Nice! That design is well suited for the Blacktron livery...I didn't realize how menacing that shape was until now!

The shape of the 76832 reminds me of the Classic Space 6872 Lunar Patrol Craft from 1985, but there aren't all the parts in all the right colors yet to build a 76832 in the blue and gray.  Having seen Veynom's recolor of it in black and yellow, I now think it's more suited to Blacktron than to Classic Space.  Either way, or straight out of the box, it's a real hot ship!

It is a very sleek ship, and needs only a few forward-pointed red beams of "ahem" to fit completely as Blacktron design.

Every time I see Ice Planet I'm reminded how badly I want them to revive that theme. Even the minifig on its own as a CMF or in a small GWP.

58 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

Every time I see Ice Planet I'm reminded how badly I want them to revive that theme. Even the minifig on its own as a CMF or in a small GWP.

hol269.png

Like this guy from 80109 (Lunar New Year Ice Festival) @woodford86? They keep giving us tidbits and throwbacks (Ninjago City "ice planet ice cream parlor"), but no revival. This is kind of like how Blacktron III has been teased in back in 2009 with Rench from SPIII, plus the CMF's space villain from 2011 and evil mech from 2013... I guess these later themes are just too splintered compared to CS. Comparatively speaking, the amount of Ice Planet MOCS or even to Blacktron (of any type), to Classic Space MOCs is currently slanted towards the classic era. Revamp sets are due to those kids who grew up with the originals having kids of their own, Otherwise, the new Galaxy Explorer would be Deep Freeze Defender 2.0, or something. Give it ten to fifteen more years, for the pendulum to swing to 90's themes. (Maybe for the 100th anniversary?)

Edited by Murdoch17

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Give it ten to fifteen more years, for the pendulum to swing to 90's themes. (Maybe for the 100th anniversary?)

I dunno man, it feels waaay to late for us to finally get a Classic Space throwback set. Or if you want to count Benny's Spaceship as the first throwback, from 8 years ago, then we're probably due for Ice Planet right now.

When it comes to building fantastic spacecraft, I find few have higher abilities than Nick Trotta. I love how functional but comical all his designs looks, as well as his great angle work that make his designs instantly recognizable. He also has a very unique way of greebling with system parts that I admire, and all his ships even fit minifigures!

25875121577_afa0b14d6c_z.jpgAtaraxis by Nick Trotta, on Flickr