Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

Marion River Gold Mine

Previously:

28235415059_0414dee167_c.jpg

The log of Governor Aiden Coyle. 31st January 618:

"After nearly a year of planning and construction, the Marion River Gold Mine is now in operation. I followed Vernon Cloggs recommendation and had several dredging cranes built along the Marion River. It is a surprisingly simple process. A row boat drops a drag box a little down river. Then the crane operator reels it back in. Because of its weight and design, the drag box drags along the river bed filling with sediment. The drag box is then raised to a high platform where several miners sift through the sediment looking for gold nuggets which are placed in water buckets. When the buckets are full, they are dumped down a wooden shoot to a filter box that drains the water and collects the gold nuggets. These gold nuggets are then shoveled into crates. Because of the high risk of robbery, I have reminded Mayor Jack Bain to keep the operation well guarded. There are just as many guards as miners and this drastically reduces profitability. However, at present, I see no other way to successfully operate a gold mine in such an open environment."

28235416179_b403918a42_c.jpg

28235415699_591e62fb4d_c.jpg

OOC: Sorry for the horrible pics but I wanted to get this licensed in January. I probably won't get around to taking better pictures as I don't have the time to take good photos during the day.

If you'd told me you were going to make a mine in the style of Stormhaven, there is no way I could of pictured it, however it seems you have pulled it off really well - This is really good! Nice to see our first (I think) operational gold mine.

Its a great build and stands out fine on its own.  You didn't need the paint job tbh.

Neat concept too.

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Good wood work... I like this mine !

I will borrow the style and the concept ! This will prefectly fit for the Sea Rats !

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

If you'd told me you were going to make a mine in the style of Stormhaven, there is no way I could of pictured it, however it seems you have pulled it off really well - This is really good! Nice to see our first (I think) operational gold mine.

Thank you both! The design was not really thought out. I felt like building and all I had in hand was an unopened 31048: Lakeside Lodge and 70608: Master Falls. I built the basic framework and then finally took it to my main collection last night and finished it up.

28 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Its a great build and stands out fine on its own.  You didn't need the paint job tbh.

Neat concept too.

Thanks! I totally agree about the paint job. In that pic for some reason the background seemed really distracting so I tried deleting it and made it even worse.