On 2018-02-13 at 11:37 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

I am loving how the front is coming together :wub:

Great progress dude! And some very helpful comments above - make sure to complete the whole process. You will learn quickly how to make your next car from this experience. 

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

Great progress dude! And some very helpful comments above - make sure to complete the whole process. You will learn quickly how to make your next car from this experience. 

Wow, thanks for replying! I am defintiely following what others say. Stay tuned for progress!

Parts have been ordered!

I am working on the rear window and the taillights right now. Now for the "fun" part: Choosing a name! I really don't know what to call this :laugh:

Here are some names I thought of:

• Red Fury
  • Destroyer of Lap Times
  • Low Blow
  • Brainbender
  • Track Ripper
  • Lap Launcher
  • Or just Supercar X!

Please suggest names! I am out of ideas!

On 5/12/2018 at 9:42 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Here are some names I thought of:

1. Red Fury
  2. Destroyer of Lap Times
  3. Low Blow
  4. Brainbender
  5. Track Ripper
  6. Lap Launcher
  7. Or just Supercar X!

Please suggest names! I am out of ideas!

Here's my thoughts...

1. Good, but not very creative..
  2. Too long.
  3. Nice, but could be misread as "Low Bow".
  4. Sound like a name for a puzzle...
  5. Good, but a bit too similar to Lego's "Tracked Racer".
  6. Does it fly?
  7. Very good, but not really a name...

Personally, I don't think the right name has been found yet...

Not sure what's wrong with Project Supercar X to be honest, it's how it's known by us right now, so why change?

But in the end, it's not up to us what you are naming your projects. We're here to give feedback on the build, not on its name :)

On 5/13/2018 at 5:33 PM, Erik Leppen said:

But in the end, it's not up to us what you are naming your projects. We're here to give feedback on the build, not on its name :)

+1 :thumbup:

It's red and it has a menacing stance to it. So for a name, I'd suggest: "Road Rage". Bu I agree it's all up to you of course.

I still don't like the rear, what about simply just  flip the panels underneath the rear lights, so the gaps are on the bottom? I do believe it would improve the look.

Thanks for your input!

@mocbuild101True, those were just names I thought of on the spot.

@Erik LeppenI was also OK with Supercar X, but I wanted to hear from other members about name ideas.

@Didumos69That's a great name! I will wait to see if any other people suggest a name first.

@agrofI changed the look of the rear, but the panels are not flipped. Overall, I think it looks good!

Parts have arrived! Pictures later tonight!

P.S. Should I post a separate topic for the finished model?

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

P.S. Should I post a separate topic for the finished model?

I was in doubt about that too for my 4WD buggy. This time I decided to make a separate MOC topic for presentation purposes only and eventually for sharing instructions. That way I didn't have to change the OP of the WIP topic so it will remain the way it evolved, an historic document of the making of... :wink:. But changing your WIP into MOC is okay too.

Personally I hate seeing two topics about the same model. How the model evolved is as important, if not more important, as the result, IMO. This is Technic, it's about the inside as much as the outside.

Absolutely agree, 2 topics of very same MOC are confusing, unnecessary, dare to say: annoying. Keep everything in one place, so all the history of a MOC can be seen, where has it started, and what has it become.

You can anytime update the very first post, add final pics, description, and a comment: for WIP details see below.

19 hours ago, agrof said:

2 topics of very same MOC are confusing, unnecessary, dare to say: annoying. Keep everything in one place, so all the history of a MOC can be seen, where has it started, and what has it become.

Yeah, I agree, it's only really needed if the WIP topic is very long (like @Didumos69's), but even then you could still just update the OP...

On 5/15/2018 at 8:12 PM, Didumos69 said:

It's red and it has a menacing stance to it. So for a name, I'd suggest: "Road Rage".

Or maybe "The Great Red Road Rage" ("The GRRR" for short) :tongue:

Sorry for not replying for a while, I have been sick. Here are the photos!

42176082002_a72d9875b2_c.jpg

42176082272_266b8a4660_c.jpg

@Didumos69 @Erik Leppen @agrof i will just use this topic then, thanks!

@mocbuild101:laugh: Maybe! I'm still thinking!

Should I make a video? Also some outdoor shots?

Notes on the final car:

I am actually kind of proud of this. It's definitely not the best out there, but to realize that my brain farted out something cool to me makes me happy:classic:

P.S. See me at Bricks by the Bay!

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Nice car!

You really came a long way with this one. I think you did a great job improving this along the way to make a nice, clean, final model. 

Cool car! I actually like its rear, especially with the detailed exhausts.

I think that "Rojo" should be the name of the car, since it is red and it looks Lamborghini-esque (all of their cars' names are in Spanish).

I actually really like it. I get a Ford GT feel with the front-view picture, not sure why. Well done, on to the next :D It's good you feel proud, because I think you learned things. You can start your next project knowing things you didn't know when you started this :)

Sorry for not replying for so long, I have been away for a week.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:15 AM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Wow! The car turned out really nice. Very aggressive, just as a supercar should be. I'm still not a fan of the rear, but very nice.

Thanks a lot! Yes, the rear end is not the best, but it looks alright to me.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:31 AM, Techniccrack said:

Nice job man. really cool.

You really should make a video with the functionality

Thanks so much! Yes, I will make a video after pics for Bricks by the Bay.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Nice car!

You really came a long way with this one. I think you did a great job improving this along the way to make a nice, clean, final model. 

Thanks! Yes, I feel like I gained experience! (hence my signature)

On 5/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, StudRobotics said:

Cool car! I actually like its rear, especially with the detailed exhausts.

I think that "Rojo" should be the name of the car, since it is red and it looks Lamborghini-esque (all of their cars' names are in Spanish).

Thanks! Clever name too! I will think about it!

On 5/20/2018 at 11:19 AM, Erik Leppen said:

I actually really like it. I get a Ford GT feel with the front-view picture, not sure why. Well done, on to the next :D It's good you feel proud, because I think you learned things. You can start your next project knowing things you didn't know when you started this :)

Thanks! I have developed my skills in bodywork a little with this project and can make my next car look even better!

Now, on to the convention! I will try to take pictures outdoors and a video soon.

On 2018-05-19 at 11:17 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

I am actually kind of proud of this. It's definitely not the best out there, but to realize that my brain farted out something cool to me makes me happy:classic:

It's a nice build, nothing to be ashamed of. All the stuff you learned on this one will make your next supercar even better. 

Finally made time to take some outdoor pics!

41689161024_9c7a42c6c5_c.jpg

41689161264_637e1620de_c.jpg

41689161604_1400fd09fc_c.jpg

41689162024_18bc8d2105_c.jpg

41689162564_b4b8b79471_c.jpg

@BusterHaus Thanks! it will definitely improve my next projects!

I have also finished Offroad SUV, come check it out!

Video of both cars to come.

3 hours ago, IA creations said:

It looks really good! I love it! Just a question, where are the mirrors? 

Thanks! Looks like I forgot to build mirrors... I will add them into the instructions if I remember.