Batbrick

Interactive Apocalypse Part 3.5: Captured!

Hello and welcome to another part of Interactive Apocalypse!

p1210904.jpg

For those who STILL aren't familiar with this expanding game, here is something to read up on:

The Introduction

Part 1 - Safe Season

Part 1.5 - Strangers

Part 2 - Surviving

Part 2.5 - The Deadzone

Part 3 - Mistakes

Now for the new. Reginald Jameson has died, he passed away not in peace unfortunately, but in pure agony. Though you came to appreciate him as your last remaining friend, he rebuked you harshly on his deathbed...

His legacy lives however, in the form of the newly upgraded Defense Bot:

p1210946.jpg

He is now equipped with heavy armaments, and makes short work of most Swarm attacks, giving you time to rest and finish your new wooden leg.

p1210951.jpg

Your choice for eating Runts was a wise one indeed, playing it safe after the Deadzone incident months before. Looking for survivors also proved wise, you found Sondra:

p1210938.jpg

Sondra is a survivor, a warrior far beyond your own skills. She is gifted, though not to the extent of Neron, she has a heart, and relies heavily on her instinct and conscience. She seems to have taken a....liking, to you as well.

p1210939.jpg

The area you patrolled had another survivor too, though you were too late to catch him, he was in the distance. His name is Piranha, he is the only friendly mutant in existence.

p1210934.jpg

His name comes from the fact that he cannot breathe above water for very long, hence the breathing apparatus with him. He is a cowboy at heart, always with his fedora and antique pistols. It is believed he is part of Ian Ded's faction, which may or may not be led by Commander Xenu, who you have met before.

p1210937.jpg

Unfortunately, you were too late for the man named Hinckley, the unstable man declared himself :The Whacker" and was promptly eaten by The Swarm:

p1210933.jpg

(This is a joke btw, Hinckley told me I could always kill him in this! :-D )

Speaking of monsters, the new area you patrolled today was infested with these terrors:

p1210941.jpg

The Weezlet is a cute, yet strange creature that is extremely deadly to touch. Its glossy skin is coated in a thick layer of slimy venom that can be absorbed into your skin. You see one, get away from it, fast.

p1210943.jpg

And now, the reveal of who Lord Dragonator is, I give you his team, or some of it, atleast:

p1210914.jpg

Lord Dragonator is revealed to be a tyrant, a radical believer in the "Purification" of this world, wiping not only The Swarm, but "Inferior" survivors from it too. His wife and second-in-command is Jade:

p1210908.jpg

Strangely enough, his most treasured possession is his pet Penguin, Killer, which he loves more than his teammates lives:

p1210955.jpg

Unfortunately, Lord Dragonator is the most powerful known survivor in existence, and his outpost, just a part of his empire, has three ingeniously deadly siege weapons. First up, the Cannon, a small but powerful weapon that could bring down a Trondosaur:

p1210915.jpg

Second, the Weapons Trike, a fast and deadly mobile platform:

p1210924.jpg

Lastly, the Fire Cannon, a weapon even the Black Dragon would have a hard time standing up too:

p1210925.jpg

p1210930.jpg

How do you know all this about him? Because you are held prisoner by him, in one of his outposts:

p1210971.jpg

Yes, after leaving your teammate and now girlfriend Sondra for your daily patrol with Sammy the Weaver, you were jumped by his men. Now both of you are chained, and Dragonator is coming for a visit.

Here is the outpost in which you are being held and questioned:

p1210959.jpg

I really love it, though it is rather experimental:

p1210960.jpg

I wanted to make a really vertical base, definitely thrown together and shoddy looking:

p1210961.jpg

I used up all those scaffolding pieces I had too:

p1210962.jpg

As you can see, my love of chains continue, serving as apoc-greebs as I call them:

p1210964.jpg

Whoa! Spinning Generic Main Character in this pic! :-D

p1210965.jpg

You can see the elevator down the bottom, more on that later.

p1210966.jpg

Last 360 shot:

p1210968.jpg

Now the deatails. It seems Dragonator's men also enjoy eating Runts, judging from their corpses hanging from those awesome chains:

p1210973.jpg

Here on the bottom level you can see the "Stay Out!" sign and gates, and that pillar on the side:

p1210975.jpg

Here is the elevator, the entrance is open, despite the fact Swarm occasionally come here, as the bottom level is uninhabited and the elevator the only way to higher ground:

p1210979.jpg

The second level, with you hanging, this level only holds a couple of gunners and a sleeping spot:

p1210985.jpg

Here is the second level station, with weapons, spikes and two Runts on a skewer:

p1210986.jpg

The second level is mostly bare except for this:

p1210990.jpg

Here is the third level side platform with defense gun:

p1210992.jpg

Also on this platform is a drinking pool and radio, as well as a ladder to the final part, the roof.

p1210994.jpg

This platform is chocked full of stuff, such as this weapon wall here full of deadly equipment. The wheel serves as the mechanism for pulling the elevator up and down:

p1210998.jpg

Over on the front wall there is more equipment, lights, and a canister of of unknown properties:

p1220001.jpg

Lastly, the back wall, with more equipment, these ones more practical:

p1220008.jpg

Now, the roof, where the team sleep and eat and do other leisurely things. It still has a defense gun though:

p1220013.jpg

Food and water here:

p1220018.jpg

Backpacks, boiling pot, washbucket, and wheel for lifting elevator via pulley system:

p1220023.jpg

Thats a long way down and a long way up:

p1220025.jpg

p1220026.jpg

The elevator system actually works using a simple mechanism which, though as said is simple, I am pretty proud of:

p1220027.jpg

p1220028.jpg

A shot of the crew working with the elevator open on third floor:

p1220041.jpg

And poor Sammy, tied up:

p1220043.jpg

Dragonator comes soon to see you, what will happen? Will you, survive?

p1220052.jpg

Sorry for the huge amount of pics, I'll try and cut it down soon, I recommend the massive brickshelf gallery here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=291194

Hope you liked it, sorry for taking so long, I really hope it was worth it, tune in next time!

Comments and blah blah appreciated, thanks! :-)

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Wow, I didn't know that Castle Portucallises were that helpful for non castle mocs, Great job there X-D

Haha Hinckley got killed. Maybe he could become an undead? :-P :-D

So that's the rather large MOC you were working on... Gr4eat work!

The base is simply awesome, and so many weapons. If I were to make a decision, it would be to have the good guys ocerthrough them, and take the base. That would be cool. Can't wait for part 4! Is part 4 voting?

Wow...Simply wow...

This has been the best so far. I wonder what Mr. Dragonator will do!

I love the new survivors, and that defense bot is win! The base is simply amazing, elevator, greebles, it just LOOKS post apoc. Great stuff here, amazing. I love this! You be da man batbrick!

That is awesome! I like the elevator! Lord Dragonator, huh? "Generic soldier/main character, I am your father..." :-P

Your new characters look very promising, and the new Dragonator faction

That towe...Tower.....Tha.....Wow! X-O

This is incredible Batbrick! I love every little detail in this. It is all so exciting! Though, you didn't mention dead ExoBuilder :-/ .

You truly have outdone yourself here, I'm so proud of you :'-)

Though, you need some help with the whole Dragonator issue :-D

*y* *y* *sweet* *wub*

Wow! Stunning! :'-) So detailed, I love all the chains and ropes and weapons and everything! :'-) The elevator is sweet, I love how it just kind of lies lopsided at the bottom, it looks very post Apocalypse. :-D A rat in the food bucket? Delicious! :-X :-P Seriously, this is all so cool, I love it! Who would have thought those portcullis pieces could be used so effectively? Great job! *y* *y*

~Peace

Great Work Batbrick! *y*

Dragonator's base is simply awesome! Sadly it will have to be attacked to save sammy(forgot the generic character :-P )

Again I love the cool new brick built creatures *sweet*

I'm a mutant?Awesome! X-D I love how I am portrayed as a mutant fish dude with a sweet fedora and pistols! 8-

You may call me LORD dragonator *knight*

:-D This had me laughing so hard in some places! Pet penguins, and then this...

That is awesome! I like the elevator! Lord Dragonator, huh? "Generic soldier/main character, I am your father..." :-P

:-D *vader*

Fantastic work Batbrick, that is a stunner! My favourite parts are.. everything! To start with, the elevator is really cool, saves climbing up lots of ladders! Lord dragonator does not like climbing ladders. And the chains!... :'-) I could go on forever about this one. It has a really effective thrown-together look, the colours are all really awesome, and the story line is great. Those weapons are also pretty cool, nicely crafted and put together. I have to say that I really *wub* your new creature, you really have a good thing going with them. This one I think is one of the best.

Lastly, the Fire Cannon, a weapon even the Black Dragon would have a hard time standing up too:

A quick note about this sentence, I take it that you meant it to be simply a way of showing how powerful it is, as I would never even consider harming such a great and wonderful being!

*Ahem* *knight* And now, go forth my minions! Cleanse this land of everyone and everything! *Insert evil maniacal laughter* >:-)

Me and my penguin will be awaiting eagerly for the next installment!

Great MOCs and great new factions *y* .

I wish I could build such a neat base with all those grilled bars *wub* . The overall disign is very attractive, and it really gives the idea of a thing put together in a hurry, but with a precise plan to it.

Can't wait to see what the next poll will bring us *sweet* !

LuxorV

This is one of my favorite things on EB right now. I love it. I'm so glad you decided to do it. It's also nice to see your building skills improve as the project continues. I love the new base and you certainly covered it thoroughly. The weezlet is very cool! It's so hard to create creatures out of LEGO and I think you do a really great job. The weezlet is one of my favorites so far. Will we get to see someone touch one? Thanks for including me! *sweet* I love it! :-D

Looking forward to more! *wub*

Thanks hollisbrick, Inertia, Cyclone Titan, Zero1312 and killwill. I love you guys! *wub*

So that's the rather large MOC you were working on... Gr4eat work!

The base is simply awesome, and so many weapons. If I were to make a decision, it would be to have the good guys ocerthrough them, and take the base. That would be cool. Can't wait for part 4! Is part 4 voting?

Thanks a heap VBBN, yes, part 4 is voting, I also reveal more of the storyline.

Wow...Simply wow...

This has been the best so far. I wonder what Mr. Dragonator will do!

I love the new survivors, and that defense bot is win! The base is simply amazing, elevator, greebles, it just LOOKS post apoc. Great stuff here, amazing. I love this! You be da man batbrick!

Thanks Clonecommando007, I'm glad you liked the base. And yes, I am da man! X-D Thanks.

Your new characters look very promising, and the new Dragonator faction

This is my all time favourite MOC on EB - for now. Excellent, excellent, excellent! *y* *y* *y*