cimddwc

[MOC] Ice Cream Parlor

Hi everyone,

my latest house: a 16-wide ice cream parlor + apartment in light aqua, not too fancy ;) and using elements from the TLM ice cream machine 70804:

28223505369_7c377248ac_z.jpg 26129965908_fd2cfcdbf0_z.jpg

The ice cream parlor itself:

28223503049_ea9782094a_z.jpg

Batman likes ice, too... Upstairs we have the bathroom and the room of the Ninjago Movie N-Pop girl (who's currently walking in front of the building), using some Friends stickers:

26129964938_b6886c474f_z.jpg

Next floor: living room and kitchen:

25131981237_e27a223918_z.jpg

28223502309_7c428e5c7a_z.jpg

And finally the attic with the parents' bedroom:

39292705434_c3ba059c4b_z.jpg

This is where I originally planned to place it, as a transition in fanciness from left to right:

25131980047_ec5d27eb00_z.jpg

But I think it looks a bit better this way around:

28223501349_d26d9d272d_z.jpg

Or maybe I'll add another narrow building in between, instead of something bigger to the right...

Anyway, » here's the Flickr album.

Hope you like it...

Wow, another gorgeous and inspiring MOC as always and a very interesting color choice!  My favorite part is the roof. I prefer it in the second way (right to left) but there needs to be another building between Matt’s Masks and the Fishmaster IMO... You’re very good at Dutch architecture, I hope seeing more MOCs in that style by you :classic:

Well, yes, I did get substantial inspiration from photos of Amsterdam, but we got fancy gables in Germany too. :) Rounded gables (often higher and on somewhat wider houses) were quite popular right here in Bavaria some time ago, for instance, and the blue house also gets some inspiration from a house in Stralsund (though more pronounced at an earlier stage which I didn't document)...

Looks glorious. Just so much style and humble talent in the top roof section. Would be nice to have a whole street of 16x32s in those pastel colours. There aren't many more, though. Light salmon (I'm guessing...), Light Aqua, maybe the current Spring Green.

Love it!

I got some Cool Yellow bricks left from my Chima Trikes store, and got a few Spring Yellowish Green bricks from cheap Elves sets, should be enough at least for another facade each... Though I'm not sure if that Spring Yellowish Green isn't a bit too strong after all. Well, we'll see...

Yet another brilliant MOC!. I ordered a few of those light aqua bricks a while back to see them in person, and figured I'd use them rather sparingly as a contrast color. Your building clearly shows they work in larger amounts as well!

The interior is very well done, too - I admire your ability to seemingly seamlessly integrate parts of many different sets and themes while still maintaining a coherent style throughout.

As for the positioning, the second variant definitely looks better. I like the contrasts in style and level of detail between the individual buildings. It's rather lifelike and allows you to appreciate the detail of each building much better, since they don't compete that much visually. E.g., in the first arrangement, both the Fishmaster and the blue medium building somehow blend together since both have spikey vertical detailing done in light grey.

Btw: I'd love to see you do a pictured walk around your city :classic:

Great one! I really like the reduced amount of details. Works very well here.

Now I know why I thought about using light aqua for my oldtown stores. It does indeed look very good on a 16wide (unsure about a 32wide though)!

What do you think about this facade?

DA7886C6-A08F-4AD1-A210-FBD534CD073E-640

The spring yellowish green could indeed be a bit softer for my taste, but I think it still works here...

(Ground floor not done yet, I’m considering sand green matching these horizontal lines. And a row or two lower than these makeshift stands.)

Edited by cimddwc

1 hour ago, cimddwc said:

Wow, your new modular looks awesome (the only thing I am not sure about is the door on the rooftop balcony)! Can’t wait to see it finished. I think it doesn’t really work here; next to the Ice Cream Parlor it may look better?

3 hours ago, cimddwc said:

I think it totally does! Yes, I agree it could be a little less softer but it still works, especially with the sand green sections added to it and quite a large amount of white bricks around it. I was playing around with it as well, and I think it only works together with white. I tried LBG as well, but it totally clashes. :)

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

the only thing I am not sure about is the door on the rooftop balcony

Yes, well, I got to do something with the door height and/or the gable height anyway since, as has been pointed on 1000steine.de, there's not enough space for a roof between door and gable cutouts...

47 minutes ago, peedeejay said:

I tried LBG as well, but it totally clashes. :)

I agree. The only LBG will be the thin line between the white parts - consisting of tiles, and the quarter circle tile isn’t available in many colors yet.

Light aqua looks amazing! I've been collecting the for a while now to have enough for a complete facade, but you beat me.:angry: The building's facade is beautiful and looks very realistic. The back of the roof looks a bit off (to me at least) lacking the simmetry, but I guess there has to be roof access to be able to admire the view from above.

You did great with interior details as well. Are those Friends stickers attached on random parts or on the parts from sets? I always like using stickers somewhere else, not in the set they come with. 

To comment the yellowish green building. Thd facade colors look great and the building blends nicrly with the color scheme. Well done.

Gorgeous 16-wide. I would not have expected that color to look so great and it's a perfect match for the ice-cream parlor. The colors in the ice cream shop are perfect especially the minifigures and details like the stacks of cones. Also love the living room and master bed. Great MOC. 

Excellent facade. I've got a load of light aqua waiting to be used. It's good to see the colour in a moc and doesn't get too lost against the white. It's very fitting in amongst your other buildings. The parlour inside looks very well done too. Great job!