Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

[Safe Haven Cat A] Orien – the lost island of Yureishima

25129408897_fc6a0c49c9_m.jpg

Prologue:

Bran was able to get a job on a ship going to the islands of Yureishima. The fare was long and exhausting. They faced sea serpents, low sand banks and at the end a fearsome storm. On the third hour of the storm, the boat was challenged with enormous amounts of water hitting the deck until the cause was lost. A large wave flooded the deck and everything beneath. Every passenger tried to grab something suitable for floating, when the boat started to flip to its side. Bran fell into the ocean holding nothing more than a single board. Hours went by, dancing on the high waves, gasping for air every time he could, before the strangest thing happened. His feet touched ground.

39999375331_88986d87a8.jpg 28220521939_5927df9b6d.jpg

Orien:

It seemed he washed upon a shore. Surprisingly the island showed some kind of civilization. Or at least it used to have that, because the buildings on the shore looked abandoned. The next hour a few more lucky souls drifted close to the shores of this island. Bran and his newly acquired best friends scouted the surroundings of the old buildings, until one of the men found a bookroll about this. These buildings used to be the Temple of Airjitzu and was inhabited by a clan of martial arts warriors. Further in the logs, they found out a folk called the Ori ambushed them and destroyed most of the clan. They were in luck, the buildings were filled with ancient katanas and building tools. Bran placed a few guards on strategic points and the rest used the next couple of days to make the buildings habitable and finding food. The latter wasn’t too hard, the scaled animals crawled out of the ocean themselves and the waters are flooded by fish.

39999374451_6f4e7d6172.jpg

Anomaly:

For the fourth time within a day’s cycle the ground shook, like an earthquake, but different. Bran went on a stroll, scouting the rest of the island (if it is just that). After just a brief moment he encountered something strange. The sandy surface transformed into greens, more dense than he remembered about Avalonia. The plant-life had even stranger seed-like flowers and the plants moved. Further ahead a large root grew taller than the clouds and with every burst of growth the ground trembled and made a deafening roar. It looks like the plants are taking over the island...

28220522759_ff571ba2f4.jpg 39999377261_2c0c8467a0.jpg

So is this a safe haven or not even close to that...

28220523069_057500d313.jpg 

Spoiler

39999376111_d934961b14.jpg

Wow, that destroyed house looks really... Destroyed! Love how you put it at an angle into the landscape, seems very convincing! :thumbup: 

I agree with Titus, the sunken house is really neat :thumbup: Quite an intriguing storyline, not sure I would want to be stranded on that island :look:

Great use of some unusual parts for plants :classic:

You did a great job of MOCing the Temple of Airjitzu, making the outbuildings more substantial and detailed without losing recognizability. My one complaint is that we don't get a good overview shot, as I love those. My one critique is that your fig posing is a bit too grid-aligned, with almost every shot showing the figs with both feet stuck to studs, at 90-degree angles to each other, rather than a more organic feel with figs walking, or at least turned more towards each other. 

I hope we get more of this story with the plant!

14 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I hope we get more of this story with the plant!

Thanks for the comments... helpfull for my next moc. I tore the MOC down yesterday so the story with the plant can continue

Can't believe I missed seeing this idea coming to fruition. This build is helping me get my butt in gear to finally finish a really large Yureishima build I started around Christmas. The Temple of Resurrection set also lent me some inspiration. Hope to see more of Orien soon.