Previously:
Sinking of the Shuriken

26118003948_b952cdb2d2_z.jpg

Uncle snored deeply, rocking slowly back and forward in his chair.  He was in his favorite room, taking his mid-day nap, and everything around was quiet and still, except the draught drifting slowly down the chimney.

Suddenly there was a slight movement over in the corner, and something seemed to be moving surreptitiously down the chimney... and, in fact, that was exactly what was happening.

39958952552_fc62e45da5_z.jpg

Our friend, the Garveyan Smuggler Captain, popped his head out and took a glance around - coast clear.  Well, there was Uncle dozing over by the door, but everybody knew that when Uncle was asleep, Uncle was asleep, so that was that.  He winked and pulled himself back up a little ways. 

There was a little secret about that chimney...

26118029838_23673757e0_z.jpg

39958975582_b8467606cd_z.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Some time later, as the Captain rode away in a little jollyboat on his third trip to the ship with another boat-full of Uncle's treasure (the compartment went some ways in through the wall, you see - and it actually is fairly long and full IRL! :wink:), his mate queried,

"Um, so Cap'n, how was it that you found out where ol' Uncle kept all his DBs?"

"I be a student of physiognomy, matey," he winked, "and Uncle had the kind of a face of somebody who stashes all his DBs in the chimney."

"Ah," was all the mate could return.  He was a bit flummoxed with the Captain's power of reading countenances.

But the fact was, that the Captain had actually just been poking his nose in to check in on Guy's famous (or infamous, if you happen to be in debt) Uncle, when he'd come across the little door there... but no use telling his mate such a lame story as that!

25119915467_5c22f127b8_z.jpg

Figless:

28211256359_d2d7f12e32_z.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all!  Just a little BoBS build from me, to officially state the fact that I'm stealing 6,000 DBs from Guy's Uncle (woot!) - or to put it more accurately, our mysterious Garveyan Smuggler is.  Hopefully there'll be more along this storyline - including what he's planning next - coming soon...  (and if you're all trembling in your boots, that's the goal :tongue: :grin:  Jk!)  Credit for the chair design (ever so slightly modified) goes to SK and LJ's tutorials on Brickbuilt!

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always! 

Wow.  I can see a lot of planning went into that fireplace.  Clever idea and the surrounding ornate room is well built.  I like the easy chair especially.

Splendid interior !

That opening chimney is great !

I will look forward where all that burglar story will lead...

Great job !

Wow ... Just wow ... First thats a lot of DBs secondly but most importantly the build i love the engineering that went into this ... And such a common hiding place for valuables 

I will be borrowing elements in future endevors hats off to you

Fantastic interior man, I love the use of those clip pieces on the walls!  The furniture and piano are great too, and of course the chimney - great job incorporating an actual hidden compartment! :thumbup:  And the doors are just amazing!

P.S. You thief!  Beware, Uncle is not one to let himself be robbed with impunity! :pir-laugh:

Very nice interior, full of great details! The openable chimney is brilliant, I like the piano too.

On 1/31/2018 at 12:25 PM, Kwatchi said:

Wow.  I can see a lot of planning went into that fireplace.  Clever idea and the surrounding ornate room is well built.  I like the easy chair especially.

Thanks mate!  I love building ornate interiors, so! :laugh:  The chair design is from one of SK's tutorials on Brickbuilt - a great place to go when you need the design for a quick piece of furniture! 

On 1/31/2018 at 3:27 PM, Faladrin said:

Splendid interior !

That opening chimney is great !

I will look forward where all that burglar story will lead...

Great job !

Thanks Faladrin! :pir-sweet:  This is actually my second opening chimney... it's a pretty handy place to get the hinge bricks/plates in, but it can be a bit complicated to make sure you don't accidentally attach the two sides higher up! :grin:

I hope to have more coming along this line fairly soon!

On 1/31/2018 at 5:59 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Wow ... Just wow ... First thats a lot of DBs secondly but most importantly the build i love the engineering that went into this ... And such a common hiding place for valuables 

I will be borrowing elements in future endevors hats off to you

:pir-grin: Thanks!  I've got some plans in mind for those DBs (might be rubbing together a few more first, though... :pir-devil:)  Glad you liked it, and feel free to borrow away! :classic:

On 2/1/2018 at 9:32 PM, Kai NRG said:

Fantastic interior man, I love the use of those clip pieces on the walls!  The furniture and piano are great too, and of course the chimney - great job incorporating an actual hidden compartment! :thumbup:  And the doors are just amazing!

P.S. You thief!  Beware, Uncle is not one to let himself be robbed with impunity! :pir-laugh:

Thanks Kai, had to get some good use out of all those epic clips! :laugh:  The doors were just about my favorite thing about this build too - totally going to have to reuse the idea sometime!

Oh no, of course not!  Who'd think that? :pir-laugh: :pir_tong2: :pir-grin:

On 2/2/2018 at 2:25 AM, Bodi said:

Very nice interior, full of great details! The openable chimney is brilliant, I like the piano too.

Thanks mate!  And I couldn't help myself from getting that piano into a build again! :grin:

What a marvellous interior. The wooden walls are brilliantly done.

Also excellent posing of the sleeping uncle.

Perfect quality all around, simply great!

On 2/5/2018 at 4:42 AM, Elostirion said:

What a marvellous interior. The wooden walls are brilliantly done.

Also excellent posing of the sleeping uncle.

Perfect quality all around, simply great!

Thanks Elostirion, glad you like it!  Sleeping Uncle's pose was definitely inspired by @Faladrin's awesome pose for his recent pirate cabin scene! :thumbup:

Meh, I fav-ed it on flickr and forgot to comment here :sceptic:. I really like it and is totally on par with your other excellent creations. However small, it has so many details and interesting techniques that I keep looking at it to memorize stuff :tongue: My favorite parts are the piano at the corner and ofc the extremely good looking fireplace.

I think it is an amazing build. the details are numoures and the story fun. 

On 2/10/2018 at 7:43 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Meh, I fav-ed it on flickr and forgot to comment here :sceptic:. I really like it and is totally on par with your other excellent creations. However small, it has so many details and interesting techniques that I keep looking at it to memorize stuff :tongue: My favorite parts are the piano at the corner and ofc the extremely good looking fireplace.

Thanks blackdeath! :pir-sweet:  I enjoy packing these smaller builds with as many details as I can - feel free to use away! :grin:

On 2/11/2018 at 3:57 AM, Bart said:

I think it is an amazing build. the details are numoures and the story fun. 

Thanks Bart! :classic:  Glad you liked the story too!

Garm, my apologies! I thought I had commented on this build. Fantastic work! Your interiors are always so polished and lush with detail. And the design of the hidden space in the chimney is great! I particularly like the second picture, with the smuggler sticking his head down from the chimney upside-down! And great storytelling as well. Very fun! :thumbup: