Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR EraII ChI CatA] Montoya House, Montoya Street, Jameston

Many asked why the street had been named Montoya Street, but it all came down to some rather mysterious circumstances of Don Isaac Montoya's disappearance. Having departed for Tortuga to meet with Captain Benjamin Morgan to try to establish some form of diplomatic contact to the Sea Rats, none had heard from him for months.

As a grand initiative to explore inland Celestia and find the fabled superb orchid had been announced, the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy had naturally started planning an expedition of its own, in which Don Isaac Montoya had been expected to take part. However, there was no sign of him, and to honour his memory, the RSNP had named their new premises in Jameston after the chairman believed to be lost. And with "Montoya House" placed at the end of the street in question, the name "Montoya Street" had quickly caught on.

39991096871_c6fe28f4b8_c.jpg

Montoya House was gated by a Triumphal Arch celebrating the triumphs of science.

39281281694_04157bb7d8_c.jpg

Upon passing the arch, visitors are met with a glorious manor consisting of three wings in the latest Corlander style.

39281279314_1a45cbef1f_c.jpg

One wing holds the stables and storerooms...

39991096191_64ab984d00_c.jpg

...while another holds dormitories and offices for visiting scientists.

39281283484_8d83e3f853_c.jpg

The main wing holds a lecture hall on the second floor, and a kitchen on the first floor...

39959770472_782de1b360_c.jpg

...as well as a library with all the latest volumes and a large dining hall.

39281278474_4bae68b96b_c.jpg

These arrangements ensures that the RSNP can entertain scientists from all over the Brick Seas, ensuring them ample space, material and opportunity to delve deep into the scientific wonders of the island. It is expected to become the staging point for many an expedition into the interior of the island in the years to come.

One such expedition is preparing to set out just these days.

39281282364_65abc5456a_c.jpg

From left to right:

Dr. Albert Brickingstone, anthropologist of Cascadian fame, who had been stranded for years, living amongst the Mysec of Cascadia, studying their history, language and culture.

Sir Anton Hughes, physician, now on leave from his medical duties to delve into his other passion: Birds.

Thomas Mallory, adventurer and tracker, and his assistant Nathaniel Parker. They take care of the practical parts of the mission, navigating the jungles, identifying edible plants, tracking birds and beasts, humble tasks that the RSNP intellectuals are rarely willing (or able) to care for themselves.

Royal Pioneers, ensuring safety, drawing maps, and doing the heavy lifting. One never knows what dangers the jungles may bring!

A few more pictures can be found in my Flickr. I am quite happy with how this turned out, actually. As always, C&C is welcome.

Just wow! This one has turned out absolutely fantastic.

An interesting take on Jameston style: A true mansion, yet at the same time you can clearly see the stylistic and architecural elements of the town.

And you even built a full interior! And what an interior that is! Magnificent, impressive, outstanding! And every single detail is perfect. The staircase, just perfectly done. Wonderful small library, great castle-like ambience from the dining hall, wonderfully clean kitchen with perfect choice of colours, and this singing hall is just lovely.

So much to love here. That gatehouse is really cool as well, as are the pictures. Just wonderful.

Really looking forward to the rest of your MOCs. :-) 

Fantastic build! I love the architectural details on the exterior (balcony, columns, arches above windows, the "bumpy" roofline of the wing ends), and the low-level photography really makes the exterior shots come alive. Then the interior is fabulous. It's all well thought out and executed. Well done, sir. :thumbup:

I knew from the WIP shots that the exterior was going to turn out grand, and it did, but the interior came as a real surprise. It is excellent. I love all the different rooms, especially the library. The staircase is also a feature that stands out. The carriage also looks to be a very clever design, any chance we could get a close-up? Each wing of the building with the courtyard in the middle and fountain make for a really grand building, especially with the arch at the entrance way - probably Jameston's grandest building yet! Fantastic entry Bregir, well done!

Wow, all out here!  The interior definitely has me impressed, but the exterior is well ornamented too! :thumbup: 

An absolutely stunning build! At first I thought the main building was a little disappointing with no roof and just one wall, but then I saw the interior! All the furniture looks really nice and the staircase just blew me away! 

I've been admiring this build for a few days now, and my appreciation for this build hasn't diminished in the slightest. The colors you selected work well together, and the exterior of the building is very clean and well-presented. Your interior is very impressive, and I have spent quite a bit of time admiring all the details the interior has to offer. 

I think the main structure would look better if it has a roof similar to that of the wings, but that is a small matter. 

The exterior here is rather imposing... but it's totally the interior that steals the show for me :thumbup:  And while the stairs and lecture hall are very nice, the library has to be my favorite thing about this whole build - just great!  I'm so going to steal those bookshelves to use somewhere someday! :grin: