Blakbird

Blakbird Collection Liquidation

8 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

can someone tell me what MOC is the blue tow truck next to the grazi 5571 one?

On what picture?

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I think you talking about Dikkie Klijn's Tow truck. 

https://bricksafe.com/pages/blakbird/Renders/MOCs/Tow-Truck2

You'll have to take a peak on the rest of his bricksafe and brickshelf folders to see his MOCs, 99% are pictured there. 

Yeah that’s it, huge thanks.  Will try the googles for the others!

edit-sadly it doesn’t appear he is selling it

Edited by KevinMD

3 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Any chance you could identify the MOCs listed via picture too for us technic noobs? Or at least can someone tell me what MOC is the blue tow truck next to the grazi 5571 one?

I actually intend to do this.  I need to put a picture of each MOC for sale to make it more obvious to everyone what we are talking about.  I'll also put a few notes about each one.

This is too bad, but I can relate at the same time. I can only imagine the amount of sets you,ve collected over the years, I have days were I look at what I have sitting here and wonder why ? My photography hobby takes up a lot of my time these days, and I find it hard too really put much into building. There comes a point when you just have to say enough is enough no mater how much time and money you have in something. With that said, its good to hear you'll still be around though. Your a legend in the LEGO world.

21 hours ago, mattthewise said:

So are you just selling the MOCs listed on the first page or the official models you've collected too?

Both, although I'm keeping a few favorites.  I've sold a fair number of the sets on Bricklink already, but most have not even been listed yet.  For the MOCs, I've only sold a handful so most of them still remain.  I am overdue to post pictures of them all, but there are so many I just haven't had time.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:08 PM, Blakbird said:

Both, although I'm keeping a few favorites.  I've sold a fair number of the sets on Bricklink already, but most have not even been listed yet.  For the MOCs, I've only sold a handful so most of them still remain.  I am overdue to post pictures of them all, but there are so many I just haven't had time.

I'm assuming official sets are being sold for prices comparable to their original price.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:18 PM, mattthewise said:

I'm assuming official sets are being sold for prices comparable to their original price.

No, the prices are based on current Bricklink market value.  In some cases this is far below original price and in other cases it is far above.  I've already listed a few of them on Bricklink, but I don't really want to list them until they have been disassembled and are actually ready to ship.  The prospect of taking them all apart is incredibly daunting and I have been making only slow progress.  ~1M Technic parts will really mess up your fingertips!

OK folks, I know I promised to post some more information on some of these MOCs that are still available.  I am currently on business in Germany and have a little time to post.  I am going to try to put some info on the non-supercar MOCs.  If I don't get any further interest on these by the end of May, I will start parting them out.  As always, if you are seriously interested please contact me via PM.  If you are not familiar with any of these MOCs, you can find out lots more by searching here on Eurobricks or on ReBrickable.

Model               Designer                    Parts   Value
US Truck          2Legoornot2Lego      1,783    $507

I originally built this model in the T1 configuration but then later upgraded to T2.  My T2 is special because I kept the rare sand blue stripe on the sleeper.  I also bought lots of chromed parts that are not reflected in the price.  Motorized.

640x452.jpg

Model                   Designer        Parts   Value
Avatar Scorpion     Barman          1,823    $194

This model is just what it appears to be.  The gobs of #3 LBG connectors took forever to collect.  I don't have a photograph, only this render but it looks just like this!  Motorized.

800x600.jpg

Model                 Designer      Parts   Value
Swingloader         D3K             1,483    $471

I highly recommend this swingloader from D3K.  It is extremely functional.  He later made another version of this which looks quite different.  Motorized.

640x478.jpg

Model                  Designer       Parts   Value
Feller buncher      desert752       4,510   $1,346

My most complex MOC.  Something like 17 motors.  This thing is a monster and not too many people have it.  Mine is built with a custom Brickstuff lighting kit with dozens of lights.

640x360.jpg

Model                  Designer        Parts   Value
Prinoth Leitwolf    Designer Han    2,912    $577

The first MOC I ever built.  Super sturdy.  Includes the drum winch attachment.  Motorized.  Latest build has black treads.

640x426.jpg

Model                  Designer           Parts   Value
Dump Truck          Designer Han    2,439    $467

Great pneumatic model.  Includes rare pneumatic brackets.

800x600.jpg

Model                     Designer          Parts   Value
Dragline Excavator  Designer Han    2,167    $650

This motorized model is awesome.  Lots of rare green and orange parts.  Super functional and enormous.

800x598.jpg

Model                      Designer          Parts   Value
Low Loader Truck    Designer Han    2,054    $386
Lowboy Trailer         Designer Han    1,656    $220

Great motorized truck with trailer.  Available separately if desired.  Snow groomer not included.

640x360.jpg

Model                     Designer       Parts   Value
Snow Speeder        Drakmin         2,191    $180

This snow speeder is not like any other Star Wars model.  Made of all Technic parts with lots of functions.

640x426.jpg

Model                       Designer       Parts   Value
GMK6400 Crane       Gerger          3,504    $919

There have been quite a few versions of this huge motorized crane.  This is the one with independent suspension on all wheels.

800x1203.jpg

I don't want my editor to crash so I am going to post these and then keep going.

Model                   Designer      Parts   Value
Tow Truck 5571      Grazi           3,969   $1,173

The epic tow truck by Grazi.  It takes two of the famous 5571 Black Cat models just to get the tires for this.  Yes it does the original sized tires, not the newer smaller versions.  One of the most functional models ever.  Loaded with pneumatics and motors.

640x426.jpg

Model                     Designer       Parts   Value
Wheel Excavator     GuiliuG         1,997    $501

This wheeled excavator uses all 8 IR channels.  Very functional and sturdy.

640x478.jpg

Model                Designer                 Parts   Value
Telehandler         Jurgen Krooshoop     3,383    $700

Jurgen's gigantic motorized telehandler.  This thing is probably bigger than the new crane coming out this year.  Packed with motors.  Smaller version for scale.

640x360.jpg

Model                Designer             Parts   Value
Kenworth            Jurgen Krooshoop 2,594    $506

This motorized truck has a really clever transmission that let's you select any of the 4 gears at any time directly.

640x426.jpg

Model                     Designer                Parts   Value
Backhoe Loader      Jurgen Krooshoop 1,972    $711

Jurgen's famous backhoe using all 8 IR channels.  I later updated mine to use the Class tires instead of the Power Puller tires.

640x478.jpg

Model             Designer        Parts   Value
Forklift            Kevin Moo       1,768    $408

Kevin Moo made my favorite forklift, a super durable motorized model.

22451893136_b10ab636ef_c.jpg

Model                   Designer        Parts   Value
Cement Truck        LasseD          1,520    $245

This cement truck is different from all my other models because it the drum is made of all System parts.  Uses a clever system to control the drum rotation with a single remote.  Includes the rare letters for the grille.

640x360.jpg

Model               Designer        Parts   Value
Telehandler         Lipko           2,250    $339

This is a super clean telehandler design.  Motorized, but not for driving.

800x600.jpg

Model                  Designer        Parts   Value
MAN TGS             M_longer        2,415    $366

I built this truck in blue and gray instead of the yellow in the instructions.  Motorized.

IMG_1718.jpg

Model                  Designer        Parts   Value
Liebherr L580       M_longer        1,604    $397

A gorgeous motorized loader.

800x598.jpg

Model                     Designer        Parts   Value
Wing Body Truck     Madoca          4,126    $959

The gigantic motorized wing body truck.  One of the best designed MOCs I've ever seen.

800x598.jpg

Tatra 813           Madoca          2,527    $759

This motorized Tatra performs almost as well as an RC.  Mine includes military RC tires.

800x600.jpg

Shaman              Madoca          2,574    $676

The Shaman is a brilliant model.  Multiple motorized steering modes.  8 wheels.

3027439d37cf4204ff5dcc0cd86d82f7.jpg?151

Model                   Designer        Parts   Value
Jeep Hurricane      Nathanael Kuipe 1,724    $373

There were never instructions for this model so it would have to ship assembled.  I'm probably the only person to have one.  Features zero turning radius mode just like the real thing.

640x360.jpg

Model                Designer        Parts   Value
CVT Truck           Nico71          1,121    $267

This thing has a real continuously variable transmission.

800x600.jpg

Model                    Designer        Parts   Value
Kamov KA-32         Sheepo          2,059    $334

This helicopter has real working collective with swashplates on both rotors.  Huge.  A real masterpiece.

640x478.jpg

Hi, long-time reader, 1st time poster. As I understand it I can't sent/receive PMs until I get 10 posts, but I am interested in Gerger's Grove GMK6400 and Madoca's Shaman 8x8. Is that the same version of the crane as in your review, and does it also come with all the electronics and controller?

15 minutes ago, Asfer said:

Hi, long-time reader, 1st time poster. As I understand it I can't sent/receive PMs until I get 10 posts, but I am interested in Gerger's Grove GMK6400 and Madoca's Shaman 8x8. Is that the same version of the crane as in your review, and does it also come with all the electronics and controller?

You can send a PM at either 5 or 10 posts, I can't recall which.  Yes, the GMK is the same version in my review.  I use the same set of 4 IR remotes for all of my models, so they would not come with a controller although I could probably sell it separately if you were interested.  All of the motors are included in both models.  The battery boxes are there but will not have batteries in them.  No rechargeables included.

You can find my email address on Technicopedia if you want to contact me that way.

53 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Dang, so many nice models. It's crazy the time you spend on these models.

Isn't that the point of hobbies? :wink:

I don't think I want to know how much time I have spent on Bricklink/building. All I do know is I am having fun. I've only been collecting for 2 years (only including MOCs), and I'm "only" 12 MOCs in. 

I can’t believe that I have most of the MOC’s you have for sale intact. They are all the cream of the crop and the best examples of fine LEGO construction!! I have taken apart the Fellerbuncher because I needed those motors! The Jeep Hurricane was an amazing model but had to come apart. Now I am building super cars and @Lox Legois making sure that even more of my parts get used up...but still lots of fun

18 hours ago, 9v system said:

do you have any others than the ones listed?

The only GBC I have left is the crane/train module.  It is so enormous that I can't imagine anyone buying it.  I'm sure it will be parted out.

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

One question, is the SnowSpeeder still for sale?

Yes.  Continue by PM if you are interested. 

I've updated the list of MOCs available on the first post.  I've crossed out those that have sold or I decided to keep.  Everything else is still available.  I also added a couple of Akiyuki GBCs that I didn't realize I still had.  I really don't want to have to part all of these out so make me an offer!  It's too bad about the shipping costs and taxed in Europe or I think many more of these would have sold.

Sorry if I've missed this, but is there a list of what official sets you still have, or did you include them when you just said "everything else is still available"?

Also, does this mean that you're not going to be updating your Technicopedia anymore?

18 minutes ago, mattthewise said:

Sorry if I've missed this, but is there a list of what official sets you still have, or did you include them when you just said "everything else is still available"?

Also, does this mean that you're not going to be updating your Technicopedia anymore?

The sets are all on Bricklink.  This thread lists only the MOCs.