Tron Of Black

[MOC] Porg

Oh yes, a porg brickhead sounds like a fun idea. In a way, my porg is constructed a bit like an oversized brickhead anyway: a blocky central core with snotted sculpted sides.

I don’t know of any, no. There are a few programs to create instructions from ldd files, and you can export a stud.io model to ldd.  But I never tried any of those...

Is there any particular part of the build you’re struggling with? I’m happy to help if you have any problems :)

Still waiting for some parts to arrive, but i have no idea where and how to start building just from taking apart the stud.io file.

This is what happens when you export as ldraw and import in ldd :D

Bildschirmfoto_2018-02-18_um_09.35.20.pn

Edited by Christoph27

I'd reccomend taking the head off, taking the orange side panels off the head (just grab everything orange). Take off the wings and the obvious back and front panels and that should give you nice box with feet to start with.

There are a couple of wonky things in the file, one wing has 3 1x2 plates in and the other only has 2, and somewhere in the face area one side has a plate while the other side has a tile and a gap but it all goes together well in the end and is super cute so I appreciate you releasing the file, Tron.

tried to fill the gaps from the ldraw import

this is the result

the instruction from ldd is as expected :D

Bildschirmfoto_2018-02-18_um_14.01.05.pn

Edited by Christoph27

3 hours ago, Rog said:

There are a couple of wonky things in the file, one wing has 3 1x2 plates in and the other only has 2, and somewhere in the face area one side has a plate while the other side has a tile and a gap but it all goes together well in the end and is super cute so I appreciate you releasing the file, Tron.

I was afraid I might have missed a few spots like that when I “cleaned up” the file. Oh well...

And that first LDD import does look a little scary :laugh: it seems stud.io and ldd don’t play that well together...

As for building the set, I would do it like Rog said: build the central body first, and then attach the wings, the head and then the front and back panels.

Love the Porg! Great design. Thank you for sharing on Stud.io before the parts list got all buggy. I am one of the people who shares their designs there as well. I was wondering if it would be okay with you if I made an instruction manual for this. I've noticed a lot of people have a hard time building just from the digital file

Absolutly nice work Tron, thanks for sharing this with us. I have made a little update for myself with open mouth  in two steps and new feet, nothing special but i like it to :-)

Porg-Felsen2.jpg