Sign in to follow this  
Legostone

[ESL CH1C]A long forgotten Temple

We had noticed this temple half an hour earlier. Given that we went out without a real plan, we decided it may be a good vantage point. Closing in on it, we quickly noticed we didn't need to go further from there - the Orchid was here. But these skeletons are giving us a creepy vibe; I think we should turn back now...

28166786349_6462754db0_b.jpg

Spoiler

Some quick behind the scenes stuff: Given that most of my plant parts are in another diorama that I haven't torn down yet and my lack of brick-bricks and dark tan parts (I think I've used about 90% of my brick-bricks here) this temple is quite 2 dimensional:

28167236879_9dff69a85d_b.jpg

I can't find my exact inspiration picture (I really liked the dark clouds on the original), but here is a very similar one.

Some WIP shots:

Starting out with the general shape:
39934751841_8d84a136a7_b.jpg

Couple more layers to the pyramid, first tests for a staircase:
39903015202_0e15bb595e_b.jpg

Add in the bottom level including a wider staircase at the bottom:
39903663062_115cdf8a2d_b.jpg

And then lots of greenery:
26114500488_20c04eeefa_b.jpg

And for the final picture above change the light and the background :pir-laugh:

I'm very impressed with how utterly hollow and one-sided this is! :pir-laugh:  Hats off to you sir, I know how tricky it can be to build just the right amount for that!  Great job achieving an old ruined feel! :thumbup:

Very clever construction indeed! I did not suspect any shenanigans from the first picture at all, my only thought was "what an impressive structure". Well done! :thumbup:

Yeah, clever use of limited bricks. It is quite like a movie set - brilliant view from the camera, but don't peek round the sides!

As stated above this is really cleverly done! I actually saw the construction shot on flickr first, so I wasn't suprised by that, but when I did see the actual shot I was amazed by the temple itself. Really good job and a great entry!

Beautiful one LS! I like how the temple blends in so nicely with the jungle! I also like the creepy atmosphere with the skellies lying around :wink:

On 30.1.2018 at 5:09 PM, Kai NRG said:

I'm very impressed with how utterly hollow and one-sided this is! :pir-laugh:  Hats off to you sir, I know how tricky it can be to build just the right amount for that!  Great job achieving an old ruined feel! :thumbup:

Thanks! Glad its appreciated :pir-laugh:

On 30.1.2018 at 5:19 PM, Drunknok said:

Very clever construction indeed! I did not suspect any shenanigans from the first picture at all, my only thought was "what an impressive structure". Well done! :thumbup:

Thanks!

On 30.1.2018 at 6:29 PM, Mike S said:

Brilliantly done! I was shocked when I saw your spoiler pics... :laugh:

Haha, thanks!

On 30.1.2018 at 7:10 PM, MAB said:

Yeah, clever use of limited bricks. It is quite like a movie set - brilliant view from the camera, but don't peek round the sides!

Well, thats basically what I thought while building this - how large can I go with my brick bricks, and then I thought - why build 4 sides?

On 30.1.2018 at 8:33 PM, Elostirion said:

Pretty damn clever, and your orchid is just wonderful!

Really, really clever! Well done, well done!

Thanks! First one saying something about the orchid, have you noticed which part I used?

On 30.1.2018 at 11:04 PM, Ayrlego said:

As stated above this is really cleverly done! I actually saw the construction shot on flickr first, so I wasn't suprised by that, but when I did see the actual shot I was amazed by the temple itself. Really good job and a great entry!

Thanks! 

On 30.1.2018 at 11:36 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Beautiful one LS! I like how the temple blends in so nicely with the jungle! I also like the creepy atmosphere with the skellies lying around :wink:

Well, for all we know we might have some less friendly natives here for once :pir-wink:

Clever! You did really well, I was surprised to find that the pyramid is only one-sided, good job!

I actually really like the technique you used ... I would never had known it wasn't a full structure if you never showed the spoilers.  Clever camera work indeed good job

Nice !

impressive to discover how hollow the pyramid is ! And didn't collapse ! :pir-oh:

A nice entry ! Good job mate !

14 hours ago, Bodi said:

Clever! You did really well, I was surprised to find that the pyramid is only one-sided, good job!

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I actually really like the technique you used ... I would never had known it wasn't a full structure if you never showed the spoilers.  Clever camera work indeed good job

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Nice !

impressive to discover how hollow the pyramid is ! And didn't collapse ! :pir-oh:

A nice entry ! Good job mate !

It didn’t collapse? It did twice during construction, not the sturdiest thing I’ve built recently... Thanks!

:pir-laugh: :rofl:  Very clever and nice work, Legostone, I certainly wouldn't have guessed that without the additional pictures in the spoiler! :grin:  Very impressive that you were able to get such a full-looking scene with so little!  I'm digging that orchid too, very nice work!