Nice new pics. Can't see any suspension, and the wheels are reasonably close to the arches.

There's the new 7x3x2 curved panel in red (4 of them probably?) and by the looks 8 of the large curved pieces for the turntable from the BWE.

Very cool.

If these can't be posted, please delete this post.  I do not see a problem with it since it is on a much more used social media site where anymore people will see it.  

lego%202.PNG

lego%201.PNG

There are two things that bug me:

1. Why two XL turntable rings? The model doesn't look too much heavier or bigger than 42055, and 42055 uses 1 ring just fine.

2. How does the motorized slewing work? The motor is in the superstructure, but the switch is in the undercarriage. My guess is that there are 2 concentric transmissions down the turntable, like those in the 42070 crane. 

1. maybe 2 rings with some kind of ball bearing in between? 

Like this 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGqklqREPlS9om4sSGSNw

2. I would think either 2 battery boxes (unlikely) or a second gearbox in the superstructure, like 42055.  

There are one gear box in the superstructure and one in the undercarriage, and calling the one in the undercarriage "a second one" would be more apt I think.

Well, at least this will settle the 3 vs 5 stud wide boom once and for all. Although, in the preliminary photos, it looks for all the world like the boom has 5x11 panels. Maybe the model originally did, but that was changed for the production version, or it was just an optical illusion.

It looks good, but the photo quality is a bit potato. But, at least it's something.

I like the fact that it includes outrigger pads.

Maybe the 1M beam... but that would cause too much friction, which would damage the parts.

Also, it's somehow disturbing (at least for me) that when the boom is retracted and lowered it will extend too much over the chassis. 

I know it's typical for real life machines, but still..

Ah, so it is 3x11 panels on the boom. I stand corrected! And black BWE rings confirmed, I like that, and I like that there is two of them. I believe this is the first ever use of proper roller bearings in a technic set. The BWE is more of a castor wheel thing than a proper roller bearing. Will be interesting to see what they used for the rollers. I know that 1x1 round tiles work but those wouldn't create a full one stud gap between the bearing races. A roller with a large enough diameter to do that could potentially bind in the curved groove. Maybe it's a new piece?

Edited by allanp

First time i've seen these 'better' pics.. and i like it more and more! Really looking forward to this set. And its red. I'm short of red.

Lots of complexity would be the icing on the cake - the piece count is massive, is it an official number? 

I have mixed feelings about what I see. I am happy about the rough terrain crane as product.

I am puzzled, as it looks like unnecessarily big for what it does, seems like biggest=best is the new calling everywhere... Compared to 42009, this MOC model lacks of elegance and finesse to me. Usually I fill up official models with extra parts, here I would just remove. F.e.: fenders, which are black, so pinholes are the least visible, are covered with connectors for no good reason (btw, here is an answer if TLG copies MOCs :tongue:).

I am very interested for the insides, and for the B model though.

Edited by agrof

Besides that possible new piece which may or may not be there I don't see any new pieces for this flagship. For those of use with larger collections new parts are a main reason for buying a set. With the amount of large wheeled vehicles they release isn't it time they made actual planetary gear reduction wheels, instead of modeling fake ones? 

Its interesting reading the analysis of the pics - people spot things on grainy pics i never would, so its good to read the conclusions/assumptions. Its all part of that new set buzz... for me though, i have much simpler process of whether to buy it or not: Does it make me feel 10 yrs old when i see the new pics!!* And this does, no analysis or logical deduction. See pic, get giddy, want it!! (and if its a technical extravaganza, all the better). #JustLoveTechnic

(* BWE did, Arocs did, 8258 did.... 8258?! what a set that was!!)

caster wheels transfer the load onto their axle/pin which created friction. a roller bearing just.. rolls .. with no pin or axle so create less friction. in essence its a bearing, where as a castor wheel isn't. 

Now this is one helluva beast! The short red 3x7 curved panels look new. Also, the odd-looking clutch gear sticking out the top of the upper-structure.

Edited by Maaboo35

I t think the flat bottom where the axle hole is would be a problem.

Thanks for sharing the picture! Crane is OMG!!!

But I wish it has metal hook...and more than one telescopic section..

In the prelim box pic, there is a small grey circle to the right of the stair. That circle is braced between two rings. So there might be some roller bearings indeed.

And why is the metal hook so coveted? I'm just curious.

2 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Maybe the model originally did, but that was changed for the production version, or it was just an optical illusion.

Never anything more than an optical illusion.

4 hours ago, aminnich said:

1. maybe 2 rings with some kind of ball bearing in between? 

Like this 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGqklqREPlS9om4sSGSNw

2. a second gearbox in the superstructure, like 42055.  

10 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In the prelim box pic, there is a small grey circle to the right of the stair. That circle is braced between two rings.

We have winners here.