Hello everyone.
I just finished carrier and observed that it rolls with really noticeable resistance. 
It's comparable to drag generated by 42056 with engaged gear. I'm afraid that something went wrong during assembly.
Could anyone confirm that this is not regular behavior? Maybe I put some gears to tight?

On 8/17/2018 at 3:04 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Looking at those comparison pictures, even 42056 dwarfs this set *oh2* 

On 9/12/2018 at 3:07 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

One small gripe I have for this set is that it takes the set-with-most-pieces title from the BWE. The RTC feels big, but the BWE feels magnificent. The largest land-based machine is a BWE. The BWE is designed at the smallest scale yet it is still big. And when the BWE was released, it was a great leap forward from 2700 of the MB Arocs to 3900 of the BWE. BWE to me is the true holder of that title.

I'm a little surprised about some of these comments.  The overall size parameters doesn't mean much in terms of piece count (comparing 42056 with 42082) when the density is so different.  As mentioned by others, 42082 is very dense.  I have 42056 and relative to both 42083 and 42082, it is not nearly as dense.

And I have no problem with giving 42082 the title as the largest set.  Do I think that they inflated the piece count for that title - yes.  But that does not mean they did not for 42055  as well.  I mean, I would actually argue that 42055 has more "fluff" parts than 42082.  Necessary fluff yes - to complete the model, but still fluff. I mean, consider the "rocks" - 40 1x1 round bricks both in LBG and DBG - thats 80 pieces right there.   Then also the larger rocks, 16 of  the 2x2 round bricks both also in LBG and DBG - so, another 32 pieces.  thats well over a hundred pieces right there.  Others have mentioned the dumptruck which is no small thing.  That is actually a whole other set within a set.  I estimate like another 200-300 pieces there as well. 

Again, I think the "fluff" elements are necessary to complete the overall set.... and I would agree that perhaps 42082 has more unnecessary or obvious "fluff" elements.  But I think it is also a practice they did for all previous sets that tried to vie for the "largest set" distinction prior to 42082 so I really don't have a problem with it. 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:58 AM, Pitej said:

Hello everyone.
I just finished carrier and observed that it rolls with really noticeable resistance. 
It's comparable to drag generated by 42056 with engaged gear. I'm afraid that something went wrong during assembly.
Could anyone confirm that this is not regular behavior? Maybe I put some gears to tight?

I just started building too and encountered the same. :sad:

I found that the 8 teeth (number 1 in the picture) was touching part 4211779 number 2 in the picture.

I fixed it by repositioning the parts around the gear until the 8 teeth gear did not touch anything.

42889656110_8539bcec7e_c.jpg42082-8gear

Edited by MikeTwo9398
Typo

38 minutes ago, MikeTwo9398 said:

I found that the 8 teeth (number 1 in the picture) was touching part 4211779 number 2 in the picture.

They are supposed right next to each other like that, but no they don't touch each other. My model has no problem with it.

1 hour ago, MikeTwo9398 said:

I just started building too and encountered the same. :sad:

I fixed it by repositioning the parts around the gear until the 8 teeth gear did not touch anything.

Thanks for your respond :thumbup: Indeed I had similar problem here . Now it's fixed and I did not have to reasembly half of the carrier. 

On 9/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, suffocation said:

Tortoiseshell kitty :wub::wub::wub:

Yes it's very cute

On 9/15/2018 at 8:11 PM, suffocation said:

Tortoiseshell kitty

Cats and Lego. Awesome combo.. except when they steal a piece and run off with it....! :head_back:

On 9/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, suffocation said:

Tortoiseshell kitty :wub::wub::wub:

Yeah, thats her name, Kitty . :laugh_hard:

30 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Cats and Lego. Awesome combo.. except when they steal a piece and run off with it....! :head_back:

She's a very polite cat, but always sits in front of you so cannot get or see the pieces you want to use *huh*.

So it takes me days to build this big, beautiful crane (I can only work a few hours a day :cry_sad::cry2:).

I am making a modification so I can use the three separate functions to work without having to switch. I build in three switches on their own axel.

Up to now the motor does not have any problem with operating the three function at the same time.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, suffocation said:

Looks like 42082 already has an awesome C model, courtesy of - I think! - @nico71 (can you confirm?).

Hi everyone, I am new here :)

I have a question. Does somebody know when (if) @nico71 releases some more info (for example instruction :D) about this great C model? Pity that pictures are gone from the topic, but I saved them :)

BTW Crane is great in my opinion.

Edited by keymaker

On 9/17/2018 at 11:37 PM, TeamThrifty said:

My doesn't do that, he simply went to sleep when I build something (on one side of the room and Bella the Terrier on another side). I must admit that this crane is tempting me more and more. :devil:

Currently building this set, Was about to open bags 10 when I realized something odd...

The motor that came with my set is an M motor, Instead of the L motor that is needed.

Part isn't in stock at Lego missing pieces at the moment, And I don't want to wait for it so having looked through the instructions I'll continue the build without motor or try to use the M motor.

Edit: M motor works, It's not fixed in place like the L motor would be but with it's bottom against the batterybox it's doable.

Edited by Sato

Just now, Sato said:

Currently building this set, Was about to open bags 10 when I realized something odd...

Ugh. This seems to be happening a lot recently. Two of the recent Technic sets I bought had the wrong parts.

For those in the UK, the 42082 is currently on Amazon at £108.10.  I doubt there will be a better price to be found on this set. 

12 minutes ago, Boulderer said:

For those in the UK, the 42082 is currently on Amazon at £108.10.  I doubt there will be a better price to be found on this set. 

Do you have a link as I can only see it at 184.99

The bucket wheel is a good price at 118.99

Just now, lamaii said:

Do you have a link as I can only see it at 184.99

The bucket wheel is a good price at 118.99

Cheapest I can find is Symthes Toys @ £149.99

BWE now shown on Lego Shop as Retiring Soon.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:58 PM, Sato said:

The motor that came with my set is an M motor, Instead of the L motor that is needed.

Part isn't in stock at Lego missing pieces at the moment, And I don't want to wait for it so having looked through the instructions I'll continue the build without motor or try to use the M motor.

Edit: M motor works, It's not fixed in place like the L motor would be but with it's bottom against the batterybox it's doable.

Inform TLG about the wrong motor. Especially if there is an L-motor in the parts list. I'm sure they will send you a new L-motor free.

After all you'll own two motors!

Edited by Yevhen