I have finished book 1 as well. I really like this set so far. It is massive, dense and has interesting techniques I often marvelled at and enjoyed building.

The steering is very souple and I like the “big” rubber wheel used for the HOG steering.

I actually liked the colour vomit while building this set. Because of the nearly symmetrical build, It was very practical to distinguish front from back. It looked cool with all these different colours.

Finally, the symmetrical build was not boring for me, it allowed building things by heart the second time ...

1 minute ago, WvG_853 said:I have finished book 1 as well. I really like this set so far. It is massive, dense and has interesting techniques I often marvelled at and enjoyed building.

The steering is very souple and I like the “big” rubber wheel used for the HOG steering.

I actually liked the colour vomit while building this set. Because of the nearly symmetrical build, It was very practical to distinguish front from back. It looked cool with all these different colours.

Finally, the symmetrical build was not boring for me, it allowed building things by heart the second time ...

It looks like there is room for a motor in the carrier below the turntable on one side. If one could just add another battery box the 2 structures can be controlled independently, like @Jurgen Krooshoop Telehandler.

@emielroumen, I was looking at that space as well, but not sure what to do there. Didn’t want to add another motor but some kind of use of the space.  Was also looking at the space in the superstructure on the right side to see if I could add a tilting cab mechanism with a lockable drivetrain to synchronize movement with the boom tilt.  So it is either moved independently with a manual knob, or if switched to “synchronized” it moves with the boom tilt. I think that is very doable. As a matter of fact, that is what I am going to do tonight and see how far I can get with it.

10 hours ago, pleegwat said:

If you add a motor down there, you need a battery box as well.

Indeed, as stated in my previous post. In the Telehandler the lower and upper structure each have their own battery box and IR receivers/Sbrick.

Finally complete my 42082. So waiting for it! Together with my Liebherr LR family, which is still WIP.

IMG_6075IMG_6076

Just postponed my part build for a little while I,m busy with work and DIY hope to continue later on. Its a great set.

2 hours ago, MAG85 said:

The old technic figures fit perfect in the cabine.

You could almost think this was made to scale to fit them on purpose! :laugh:

Hello. 

Argos in the UK have got the 42082 for £169.

Has anyone seen it cheaper? I would like to buy it, but I'm wondering if the price will come down further. 

Regards. 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:12 AM, Oliver 79 said:

Argos in the UK have got the 42082 for £169.

I bought it at this price on friday :classic:  I suspect the price will rebound upwards on the approach to xmas, i think previous years i've waited to see and ended up paying more.

32 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

... I suspect the price will rebound upwards on the approach to xmas... 

Yep. I got mine on Amazon for £159. It's on its way as we speak. I looked at the price today and it's gone up already. 

I'm glad I went for it. I don't think it'll get much cheaper. 

On 8/20/2018 at 10:13 PM, Aleh said:

Finally complete my 42082. So waiting for it! Together with my Liebherr LR family, which is still WIP.

Hello Aleh,

Can you please share some more pics of your Liebherr LR? I know that's still a WIP but I search for motivation to start my own.

Sorry for the off topic, I don't have permissions to send private messages.

4 hours ago, danielfmo said:

Hello Aleh,

Can you please share some more pics of your Liebherr LR? I know that's still a WIP but I search for motivation to start my own.

Sorry for the off topic, I don't have permissions to send private messages.

Hello! Could you wait a few days please - release is coming.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Wow, this guy actually had something positive to say about the B-model! Reviewing is subjective, huh?

I like the B model too. 

I've just finished the A model. I have to say I really really really like it. All functions work smoothly, even when operated by hand, unlike that wretched yellow set whose number should not be mentioned (but I can say it ends with 9), and unlike the dethroned former record holder of the Technic set with most parts whose functions feel like they are stretching testing the limits of Lego ABS. I'm surprised to find out that the outriggers are very easy to handle, probably thanks to a simpler drivetrain. A lot of small details turn out to be very well thought out. And it's big. I like big things. This is no doubt the ultimate Technic mobile crane.

One small gripe I have for this set is that it takes the set-with-most-pieces title from the BWE. The RTC feels big, but the BWE feels magnificent. The largest land-based machine is a BWE. The BWE is designed at the smallest scale yet it is still big. And when the BWE was released, it was a great leap forward from 2700 of the MB Arocs to 3900 of the BWE. BWE to me is the true holder of that title.