Whahaha, sorry mate :laugh: :tongue:

17 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Woah there! I was able to compose a demure-but-heartfelt sonnet in the time 42082's outriggers take to deploy.

with original gears of 42009, you would have been able to be the full song :iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Không có văn bản thay thế tự động nào.

Looks like there are only instructions for A model.

It's a pity especially when the B model shares A base :thumbdown:

Here's the real 42082:

https://www.liebherr.com/en/nld/products/mobile-and-crawler-cranes/mobile-cranes/lrt-rough-terrain-cranes/onepager_lrt_krane.html

On another note, I really do wonder where 4000 pieces go. Let's say the house and outrigger pads accounts for 400 pieces, that leaves us 3600. That is 1000 pieces more than 42009, yet this set has a simpler boom, simpler outriggers, shorter body, higher ground clearance. :/

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

15 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Here's the real 42082:

The outtriggers seem to differ. Is there another 'real crane' with the 42082 outtrigger system? Or did Lego try to save money.. 

18 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

On another note, I really do wonder where 4000 pieces go. Let's say the house and outrigger pads accounts for 400 pieces, that leaves us 3600. That is 1000 pieces more than 42009, yet this set has a simpler boom, simpler outriggers, shorter body, higher ground clearance. :/

Looks like it all goes into the chassis and innards therein. It is massive and looks pretty sturdy. At least you don't have to disassemble it for the B.

3 minutes ago, 896gerard said:

The outtriggers seem to differ. Is there another 'real crane' with the 42082 outtrigger system? Or did Lego try to save money.. 

I'd say none. Maybe there is no space for another drive train for the mini LA, or no space for another switch. Maybe TLG don't want the problems and complaints that come with the two-stage outriggers in 42009.

I feel like this is just another set that you guys are going to go modification crazy on this set.  It obviously is not a "rough terrain" crane out of the box.  

3 minutes ago, aminnich said:

I feel like this is just another set that you guys are going to go modification crazy on this set.  It obviously is not a "rough terrain" crane out of the box.  

42070 isn't All-Terrain either. Nor is 8435 4WD. TLG really seem to struggle with the whole "off-road" thing in particular. :look:

But, "rough terrain" isn't the same as "all-terrain", right?

I don't really get why this machine would need suspension, or even a pendular axle. I mean, for operating it has to be positioned horizontally anyway.

And real ones (like here: http://www.ritchiewiki.com/wiki/index.php/Rough_Terrain_Crane ) don't seem to have any form of suspension. "Rough terrain" seems more defined by the huge wheels/tires, so maybe Claas tires are more appropriate for this one...

Just now, rener said:

... "Rough terrain" seems more defined by the huge wheels/tires, so maybe Claas tires are more appropriate for this one...

The tires on the Liebherr crane linked up the page seem to fit the Unimog tires used in the model well enough (different tread, but they're not deep tractor tires).

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Here's the real 42082:

https://www.liebherr.com/en/nld/products/mobile-and-crawler-cranes/mobile-cranes/lrt-rough-terrain-cranes/onepager_lrt_krane.html

there is 613 x 2l pins and 396 x 3l

I have just been given 7 weighted bricks (6x2x2) which might be useful with this set.

17 hours ago, Jim said:

Are you aware that there's a rotate function on your phone? :tongue:

He made this to train our necks, guys :laugh_hard:

10 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I had 1014 in my set. 

But there is also 127 gears and certainly a lot of axles ;-)

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

He made this to train our necks, guys :laugh_hard:

...or to make your mobile phone rotating drive you mad :grin:

Nice find guys ?

A little bit offtopic - is there similar crane that uses 16.9r28 tires (much smaller version)?

Thanks