20 minutes ago, irekk said:

I got different numbers:
6245502/6245504

Is is possible they alternate, like one package line or the other.

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Is is possible they alternate, like one package line or the other.

Probably v29 (EU) and V39 (US) paper sizes.

I do not understand why they used portal hubs for a non-motorized model. They could easily use the new black hubs and the the steering point much closer to the wheel center.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

I do not understand why they used portal hubs for a non-motorized model. They could easily use the new black hubs and the the steering point much closer to the wheel center.

Reduce stock?

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

Reduce stock?

To connect wheel with portal or hub like on Chiron is much stiffer than mounted on just one axle, specially if vehicle is heavier... When you use portal axle hubs turning radius is smaller because of universal joints used instead of CV joints

...or there was space needed for axles that are used for outriggers...

Edited by I_Igor

33 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

or there was space needed for axles that are used for outriggers...

There was. Look at the bottom pictures.

2 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

So, can the outriggers reach the floor without 6x6 plates?

Well, they lift the crane just slightly with the 6x6s, so I think they are a) lacking a single stud or b) can reach the ground without lifting or bearing any weight.

9 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Well, they lift the crane just slightly with the 6x6s, so I think they are a) lacking a single stud or b) can reach the ground without lifting or bearing any weight.

You're right, they reaching ground but without lifting any weight, 6x6 plates are needed to lift the crane 2 studs over the ground.

Edit

Short video of crane speed:

http://fantasygames.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/20180717_102230_1.mp4

And here's background, still not fully finished crane but fully operational.

20180717_102130-e1531816845641.jpg

20180717_102123-e1531816946445.jpg

Edited by Ctan

Awesome dog.

I'm loving this set, can't wait to get it... still intrigued about the bearing cage arrangement between the two ring gears...

22 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Awesome dog.

I'm loving this set, can't wait to get it... still intrigued about the bearing cage arrangement between the two ring gears...

It look like this, inside is located large turntable and bearing is connected to it.

tank-turntable-1.jpg

I've made a low budget option for my personal project, same function but more common parts.

tank-turntable.jpg

Original bearing part

tank-turntable-2.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Ctan What are the rubber bands for?

Rubber bands are only to increase friction on two axles from gearbox - for winch and second for boom extension.

11 minutes ago, Richard Dower said:

Can you try lift the dog with that crane? 

?

Dog is too fat :D

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Even naked, this crane looks impressive. :sweet:

Yup, it's impressive, I like it a lot and for sure it was one of better purchases latest time :)

Edited by Ctan
additional picture

9 minutes ago, Ctan said:

tank-turntable-2.jpg

Nice solution. I've never seen that DBG "ball-pin" before, though.

Can't wait to get my fingers in this set! Thanks for sharing pictures.

Edited by mortenm

It's "Bar 1L with Towball" released in 2016, I didn't know that something like this even exist before getting the crane.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=22484&idColor=85#T=S&C=85&O={"color":85,"iconly":0}

and here's the wheel - " Train Wheel Small, Hole Notched for Wheels Holder Pin"

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=50254&idColor=11#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"iconly":0}

Edited by Ctan

Nice images again @Ctan. The big question is off course: does this bearing construction work? Does it run smoothly and I wonder how much tilting of the upper structure is still possible?

Well, it looks like it's the first Technic set to include this piece - that explains it all :)

25 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Nice images again @Ctan. The big question is off course: does this bearing construction work? Does it run smoothly and I wonder how much tilting of the upper structure is still possible?

Yes, it's very stable. When I tried to flip crane to test it stability the chassis started to bent but turntable and bearing was pretty solid. It's very smooth working.

@incognito: It can lift and hold 2 bananas (400g)

20180717_131354-e1531826541262.jpg

4 bananas can be lifted hardly (800g) but it need much more counterweight, otherwise it will fall over 450g of cargo

20180717_131131-e1531826366777.jpg

20180717_131557-e1531826687419.jpg

All in all if it has more counterweight it can lift and hold pretty nice load. I like it :) But please remember that model isn't finished yet and its wieght is lower now. With plates for outriggers and other angles it for sure will work better.

Edited by Ctan

Try using fresh bananas and not those with leopard sample (and pumped with sugar) :laugh:

At least Terrier (Westin highland) has no color vomit and looks perfect (as Terriers are).

Crane is impressive and huge. Thank you very much for all those pictures @Ctan

Pretty impressive lifting capacity, the multi colored pieces seem to be covered as well. Like that turntable configuration too, like to see how it is all held together though. I have several of those toeball pieces as well even though I can't for the life of me remember which sets they came from. 

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Pretty impressive lifting capacity, the multi colored pieces seem to be covered as well. Like that turntable configuration too, like to see how it is all held together though. I have several of those toeball pieces as well even though I can't for the life of me remember which sets they came from. 

I also have a number of them from a Creator set released last year (Park Street Townhouse) that used them for details on the facade. It's always fun to see odd parts show up in very different contexts like this.