12 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's what a flagship set - nay, a Technic set - deserves.

nay, a Technic flagship set - deserves.

10 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

The thing is, they don't extend at the same rate, because the idler gears of each LA (shown in 3:01 in the video) are on different sides.

The gray 20t idler gera for the left LA is on the right, and the gear for the right LA is on the left. ....

Indeed, interesting. I did not know this either.

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

?? Since when did YouTube care about lego leaks?

The TLG write a report as a understand..

55 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Shit, video was banned..

Shit happens all the time

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

The TLG write a report as a understand..

Funny, the Volvo loader video was not taken down even though both were posted about the same time.

7 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Funny, the Volvo loader video was not taken down even though both were posted about the same time.

Maybe too many info about functions was in deleted video.

Edited by Aleh

57 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Many too many info about functions was in deleted video.

That is plausible explanation...

Das anybody managed to download this video before removing?

I dont think anyone would have expected the video to be deleted to download it beforehand, since it's already near the release date.

I'm a bit disappointed that the rope doesn't extend or roll back together with the boom. I know this is also the case on my beloved 42009, but because of thanks to this forum, I understood this was not the case on its' predecessor, so it had to be possible.

It also doesn't look as if the outriggers will actually lift the crane (not that I was really expecting it, but the (box-art-)pictures do sort of suggest it).

And yet, I haven't looked forward to a set as much as I'm looking forward to this one in ages (the obvious dark-ages joke will be left to the reader).

2 hours ago, JimDude said:

I'm a bit disappointed that the rope doesn't extend or roll back together with the boom. I know this is also the case on my beloved 42009, but because of thanks to this forum, I understood this was not the case on its' predecessor, so it had to be possible.

It also doesn't look as if the outriggers will actually lift the crane (not that I was really expecting it, but the (box-art-)pictures do sort of suggest it).

And yet, I haven't looked forward to a set as much as I'm looking forward to this one in ages (the obvious dark-ages joke will be left to the reader).

with the 42009 it was easy to add a second Changeover Catch to have the hook and the boom moving at the same time.

maybe this can also be done with 42082

Looks like there already is a video on YT showing the crane in all its glory. I really like what I’ve seen. Size seems to be impressive. Also, for some reason, this red color really fits it in my eyes.

Not gonna post the link, but should be easy enough to find. Just sort by upload date :)

Edited by lukaszpicur

Easy enough to find.  Thanks for sharing.  

Wont write  a ton about it at this point in time, but overall I like it.  IMO, I actually think the functions are fairly smooth.  Fairly generic functions for a mobile crane, but they work about as well as can be expected. 

I think I heard a lot of either actual observations, or perhaps it was just speculation, that the outriggers actually lift the vehicle.  From the video, it does not appear that they can.  Can someone verify/correct me?

37 minutes ago, lukaszpicur said:

Looks like there already is a video on YT showing the crane in all its glory. I really like what I’ve seen. Size seems to be impressive. Also, for some reason, this red color really fits it in my eyes.

Not gonna post the link, but should be easy enough to find. Just sort by upload date :)

The actors are gonna have sore faces from holding those smiles so long.

9 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

The actors are gonna have sore faces from holding those smiles so long.

Yessss ¡¡¡¡ Looks a bit stupid but TLG knows 

Edited by Frantechnic

9 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Fairly generic functions for a mobile crane

And here's the rub: why make it so big? The BWE is understandable as it does a whole hell of a lot, but a model like this - much less so. I like all the extra features and build techniques but 42082 just seems huge for the sake of huge. I'm not denying that it's mighty impressive, though.

10 hours ago, lukaszpicur said:

Really ? How Lego can permit this, happened with the bugatti and now with all 2HY technic sets.

Look for JB Spielenwaren. 

I'm having a discussion about this on the Ambassador Network.

I does save me from making my own video :laugh:

37 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

And here's the rub: why make it so big? The BWE is understandable as it does a whole hell of a lot, but a model like this - much less so. I like all the extra features and build techniques but 42082 just seems huge for the sake of huge. I'm not denying that it's mighty impressive, though.

Why do you think it's huge for the sake of being huge? I'm not sure I agree. There's a ton of stuff going on, in the chassis and in the upper body. 

Of course, choosing the Unimog tires will result in a big model. But I am not sure they could have done the same with 42009 tires.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Notably, the music on the 42082 video is a piece called "Redwood Trail" rather than the usual Technic soundtrack for this year.

It's not the official background music. Video is also way too long, so it seems to be original footage with a different background music.

49 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I have the same impression but I hope that the review shows us that we are wrong, although I doubt it :laugh: .

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Why do you think it's huge for the sake of being huge? I'm not sure I agree. There's a ton of stuff going on, in the chassis and in the upper body. 

Of course, choosing the Unimog tires will result in a big model. But I am not sure they could have done the same with 42009 tires.

It doesn't do much more in effect than 8270, and yet it's the biggest Technic set ever. TLG could have picked something more off-the-wall like the BWE. At least the B-model is something new.

Slewing is not very smooth, as if there is an axle winding up under torsion, twisting & then releasing.

Edited by Doug72