If you search for "rough terrain crane" on Google Images, you'll see there's no front cab missing.

[edit] Ahhh @Timoonn you beat me to it. :laugh:

Edited by AVCampos

So from the 42083 threads apparently the new orange rotary gear selectors are in 42082 as well, but I don’t know see how that could be 

12 minutes ago, Richard Dower said:

Is there a vehicle in front of this thing that is missing?... Like front cab to drive this thing around? 

?

All the work is done from that single cab.
Due to obstructed view from that cab when the boom is in "drive" mode, the whole machine it is usually carried on a Low Bed trailer.

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

So from the 42083 threads apparently the new orange rotary gear selectors are in 42082 as well

Thats brilliant! Is it a reliable source? The new 20 clutch gear would be useful too....

16 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Is it a reliable source?

Doubt it.

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

So from the 42083 threads apparently the new orange rotary gear selectors are in 42082 as well, but I don’t know see how that could be 

It is very unlikely. As we can see from pictures all switches are of traditional type.

Plus, like it was the case with Porsche, I bet we won't see any new parts until the next year from Chiron release.

Looks amazing.

I think this crane would maybe put the mobile cranes to shame:devil:!

The guts we can see are so complex.

Hope this set turns out to be outstanding.

looking at the side profile, I really like how back of the superstructure is elevated and black stripe on the side is continued along this profile. That is really cool design detail. 

The L motor is more compact and strong enough plus has multiple mounting points allowing it to be built into the structure , its my favorite motor for MOCs.

There can't be that much strain on the gears if all the crane needs is an L. Well, that, or TLG are sick of hearing complaints about functions being too slow! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Bricktrain said:

This does't looks like 42082's replica.