23 hours ago, bonox said:

Really? What's too long?

rough terrain is a bit of a misnomer. No crane is made for crazy terrain - that's why they build roads to get them in if required. You need a fundamentally flat(ish) and firm surface to put them on. You can use the crane to modify the surface somewhat by outrigger jacking to level a surface, but you still need to key the mats to the surface, otherwise they or the strut sitting on them will slide down the hill.

Rough terrain, in crane terms, really only means a dirt surface, which in turn means nothing more than low pressure tyres. 40/50PSI tyres are the only thing separating a 'rough' terrain crane from a city crane with 120psi road truck tyres. You won't be off-roading any of these things in the sense of a four wheel drivers version of rough terrain - their centre of mass is far to high for reliable safety.

You might find this interesting reading

http://www.cranestodaymagazine.com/features/rubber-matters/

These cranes are city cranes. City cranes are compact and are designed to work in tight spaces. 

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted pictures.

My only complaint with this set is how small the two linear actuators look on the whole model.  I wish we could have gotten a new larger LA for this model instead.

22 minutes ago, TheRacker said:

My only complaint with this set is how small the two linear actuators look on the whole model.  I wish we could have gotten a new larger LA for this model instead.

Yes bigger LA could be nice !

But NO , there the same in !

Look at page 13.

Great new pic, thanks for sharing, the more i see the more i want it.

The 'bearing' between the rings is interesting.. the rollers cage needs to rotate at half-speed. Presuming there is a cage. Looking forward to seeing the solution for that, hope its ingenious!

I got 855 for xmas when i was about 10 - it cost £20 which sounded like a massive amount to a 10 yr old me! Some sets stir up the same 10yr old excitement when i see them.. this is one of them. It would be great if chiron is more than just form over function and i know its a popular model already, but this crane it what i'm looking forward to most!!

Part of bearing’s cage?

Could this part (looks like a bent axle/pin connector) be part of the bearing’s cage?

3 minutes ago, rener said:

Could this part (looks like a bent axle/pin connector) be part of the bearing’s cage?

It's the reflection of the #2 connector in front of it...

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's the reflection of the #2 connector in front of it...

Looks like you’re right...thought I found something new, but alas. Although there still could be a cage between/behind the two laters of curved gear racks...

i'm thinking there has to be a cage of some kind to hold them apart... assuming it really is a bearing between them (and it certainly looks to be). Could be something that runs on the inner teeth, or spokes out from the turntable thats presumably at the centre.

I love a mystery... as mentioned above, i hope whatever it is turns out to be elegant/clever. Not that it matters, this set will be mine!!

On 21 de mayo de 2018 at 10:52 AM, Wolf_Zipp said:

I think the turntable could be in this way, I have no trainwheels #2927 and no stick 3,2 with ball 5,9.#22484

This would result on too much friction between the bars and the connectors, though it's easily solved by using frictionless pins.

1 hour ago, Kaanere said:

This would result on too much friction between the bars and the connectors, though it's easily solved by using frictionless pins.

I think you missunderstud my Picture :

There come an second ring with curved toothbars above, and the trainwheels run in the grove, holded in position by the connectorring .

I don´t know the hole of the trainwheel, witch runs on the 3,2 mm stick,

I think it will slide smoothly as bearring.

So I get all the attention is on the Bugatti - and on Friday the first of Jun a lot more information on the set will come out. But my first priority for the summer remains on this set.  Happy that the leaking is somewhat contained..... can we expect a deluge of unveiling on the first for this set like we are for the Bugatti?

8 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

my first priority for the summer remains on this set

Mine too. Good to see some new stuff in the car, but cars are a bit over-done for me... hoping this mighty crane has some new bits inside too. This screams technic for me. Can't wait to get it. If the blue one drops in price in a year or so, might get it... but probably not, i only want the gearbox parts

y63jSp4.jpg

From official catalog. The catalog clerly shows that crane is equipped with l-motor. Unfortunately no info about b-model.

Also the first time we see the outriggers in extended state. They don't look like the real thing, but I think they look fairly convincing and stable. It remains to be seen how strong they are though.

The tiny LAs on that huge boom still look off, though.

1 minute ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The chassis is bending as is clearly visible in the picture. This makes me really sad.

Seriously... this just the paper curvature

Just now, Timoonn said:

Seriously... this just the paper curvature

I'm not sure it is... the bending is occurring on the right-hand page, in the middle. 

The book isn't being laid flat.

That fan on the back of the engine can not possibly be OSHA compliant....

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The chassis is bending as is clearly visible in the picture. This makes me really sad.

Take a look at the front and rear fenders, to me it looks like they are bent in a little 

For a big and heavy thing like this some flex is inevitable. The BWE has a mild flex in the middle of the arm and no one seems to complain about it.

If it is flexing and you don’t like it, don’t pass on buying it, buy it and make it better. Modding original sets to your tastes is part of the fun. If you pass, you miss the opportunity of building an unknown model, maybe learn something new, or get new inspiration.  And if you pass, Lego makes no money, goes out of business, and you are left digging through garage sales, yard sales, flea markets and estate sales/auctions looking for your next set. So crack that wallet, buy it and stop complaining unless you like the smell of other peoples moth eaten clothes and 10 year old furniture. Me? I’ll take two copies to go, please.

Of course it "bends", since picture is taken from a close distance of a non flat catalog.

I don’t remember there being any bending in other pictures, I reckon it’s just because of the page

It has just occured to me that, if the B model is a drilling vehicle, how would the panels in the prefab house be reused? o.O

I do have a feeling that they would be reused.